Jon Jones picked Gustafsson over Lyoto Machida: "I annihilated Machida"

Smaller guys? How exactly are they "smaller" guys? As far as I know, they are all in the Light heayweight devision. They all weigh in at the 205lb limit. Am I missing something? Everyone cuts weight to get into their best weight class. this goes all the way back to guys in high school.

People really need to stop saying jones is fighting smaller guys. Jones is fighting guys in his weight class. simple as that.

Well sir, some guys do cut more weight than others.

You don't think Rampage is the same size as Hendo, do you?

I'm not saying it's unfair or anything, but there are relatively big and small guys in every weight class.

In boxing, Ali was 2-1 vs Frasier
In BJJ, Roger Gracie is 3-2 vs Jacare
Machida lost to Jones, but is an ex-champ with an impressive resume

None of these guys are in completely separate leagues as martial artists.

How can a KO in less than a minute, and a 25 minute beatdown be any more different?

Well Cain got caught within seconds of his first engagement with JDS, which can be construed as lucky or a fluke, either way it was a not a test of Cains abilities.

Machida gave it his best for a round, doing absolutely nothing to Jones, subsequently JOnes figured Machida out and finished him.

Jones and Machida are not remotely in the same league.
Machida is a guy who can punch and kick well. Jones is on another level of martial arts.
Machida is 3-3 in his last 6 fights.
Jones is essentially undefeated.

Machida lost to Rampage, Jones walked through him
Machida was knocked out cold by Shogun, Jones walked through him
Machida was decimated by Jones.

These are 2 entirely different calibre of fighters.

Well Cain got caught within seconds of his first engagement with JDS, which can be construed as lucky or a fluke, either way it was a not a test of Cains abilities.

Machida gave it his best for a round, doing absolutely nothing to Jones, subsequently JOnes figured Machida out and finished him.

Machida is a guy who can punch and kick well. Jones is on another level of martial arts.

The re-match was different, that's all I said.

Machida has lost 3 in his career, Anderson was 3-2 in Pride, don't nitpick.

MMATH doesn't worK.

Your arguing for arguing sake.

You do realize every point you tried to make was completely and utterly biased as fuck right?

Ermac, are you the account holder of: trane, Hauptsoss, markg171, and GrindingAnarchy?

Or maybe all of you are just as unoriginal as each other?

Either way it is very cute and heart warming, I can assure you.

I'm glad fightmetric uses highly complex sensors so that they can read who landed the clean and hard strikes compared to little baby leg kicks that would give a boner to a gay guy before they would do any significant damage.

0/10 for you good sir.

Machida landed that one flurry that backed jones up. I did not realize backing a fighter up for 2 seconds wins you the round.

Go back and count every strike if you want. You think your bais wont get in the way? I'm sure you can tell which ones were significant and which ones were not.

Machida landed that one flurry that backed jones up. I did not realize backing a fighter up for 2 seconds wins you the round.
Jones ate kicks to the body multiple times in round one in addition to what Lyoto did with his hands. Jon landed nothing but leg kicks in the first. Machida easily won that round. I don't know what the judges were smoking. Musta been good lol.

But seriously. What does it matter that Machida won the first? Why can't Jones fans admit that? After all, Jones did drop Lyoto on his face in front of the whole world.. Is that not good enough for you guys? You still feel the need to ignore the fact that Lyoto was doing just fine on the feet until AFTER he got taken down and hellbowed. He was dazed after that and Jones easily dropped him with a counter then proceeded to strangle him.

Why is that not good enough for Jones fans? Jones beat Machida in brutal fashion and Lyoto is a guy that can KO anyone at LHW on any given night.

So what if he was holding his own in the stand up until the takedown.. You guys should have expected that. Lyoto has a dangerous style.

Jones ate kicks to the body multiple times in round one in addition to what Lyoto did with his hands. Jon landed nothing but leg kicks in the first. Machida easily won that round. I don't know what the judges were smoking. Musta been good lol.

But seriously. What does it matter that Machida won the first? Why can't Jones fans admit that? After all, Jones did drop Lyoto on his face in front of the whole world.. Is that not good enough for you guys? You still feel the need to ignore the fact that Lyoto was doing just fine on the feet until AFTER he got taken down and hellbowed. He was dazed after that and Jones easily dropped him with a counter then proceeded to strangle him.

Why is that not good enough for Jones fans? Jones beat Machida in brutal fashion and Lyoto is a guy that can KO anyone at LHW on any given night.

So what if he was holding his own in the stand up until the takedown.. You guys should have expected that. Lyoto has a dangerous style.

1: Not a jones fan here
2: I did not ignore the "fact" that he was doing well for a round, he did alright. But Jones still won it technically.

1: Not a jones fan here
2: I did not ignore the "fact" that he was doing well for a round, he did alright. But Jones still won it technically.
Yeah technically because the judges can be iffy sometimes. I still think Lyoto won the round and that he has a chance at beating Jones. But if he beats him it won't matter if Jones stays at LHW because I think Lyoto loses to Jones 7 out of ten times. So he wouldn't be able to hang on to the belt unless jones moved up to HW.

But in Machida's defense, he could devastate the 185 division until Andy retires then he could fight for the title and hang on to it until he is too old to keep up his prime form. He wants a rematch with Jones. That is the kind of warrior he is. Wants the harder challenge instead of the easier path so to speak.

Well sir, some guys do cut more weight than others.

You don't think Rampage is the same size as Hendo, do you?

I'm not saying it's unfair or anything, but there are relatively big and small guys in every weight class.
Lol this post is golden.

The re-match was different, that's all I said.

Machida has lost 3 in his career, Anderson was 3-2 in Pride, don't nitpick.

MMATH doesn't worK.

Your arguing for arguing sake.

No Im emphasizing that Cain and JDS can be considered on the same level as fighters since they have similar records, faces similar opponents and have had similar outcomes.

Machida and Jones are not anologous to Cain/JDS

You do realize every point you tried to make was completely and utterly biased as fuck right?

Ermac, are you the account holder of: trane, Hauptsoss, markg171, and GrindingAnarchy?

Or maybe all of you are just as unoriginal as each other?

Either way it is very cute and heart warming, I can assure you.

Do you want communicate how presenting these fighters records are actually "biased as fuck"?

No Im emphasizing that Cain and JDS can be considered on the same level as fighters since they have similar records, faces similar opponents and have had similar outcomes.

Machida and Jones are not anologous to Cain/JDS

Again, MMATH doesn't work. They both fought Shogun, but Machida Fought a Shogun in top shape, Jones fought a shogun coming off knee surgery in the kind of shape he was in for the first Forrest fight. Machida finished Bader and Rashad, Jones finished Bader and decisioned Rashad. Different styles, but both are/were champ. Same as JDS/Cain. MMATH doesn't work.

Last edited:
Again, MMATH doesn't work. They both fought Shogun, but Machida Fought a Shogun in top shape, Jones fought a shogun coming off knee surgery in the kind of shape he was in for the first Forrest fight. Ma

Fuck this bullshit still!

Again, MMATH doesn't work. They both fought Shogun, but Machida Fought a Shogun in top shape, Jones fought a shogun coming off knee surgery in the kind of shape he was in for the first Forrest fight. Ma

Top shape my ass. Machida got KO'd by a Shogun who'd had his appendix removed eight weeks before the fight and therefore didn't have a full training camp and who also had a blown out knee. The outcome of Shogun/Machida II being the perfect example of what "healthy Shogun" can do in a fight is one of the biggest myths in MMA fandom.

Shogun showed up to that fight looking exactly the same as he did against Jones and as he has for pretty much all of his fights in the UFC. In fact, the only time that Shogun looked like he was in peak shape for a fight in the UFC was when he fought Lddell.

Last edited:
Back