Jon Jones is trying to Conor the HW division

I’ll never consider him the real heavyweight champ unless he beats actual contenders. He’s never even beaten a real champ

It's truly mind-boggling how quickly Gane became a bum on these forums after losing to Jones. He was the #1 heavyweight in the UFC at the time he and Jones fought, and he's only ever lost to Jones and Ngannou. That's not enough to be an "actual contender" to you?

You mean he is trying to do a selfish GSP ?

Jacare never got a shot. At least at HW only Aspinal suffers. MW had like 6 legit contenders. Prime Jacare, Romero, Whitaker, Mousasi, Luke, Teh Chris, even Tim Kennedy. Who all would beat George (besides Kennedy). Biggest MW papper champ.

Y'all WANTED this. Y'all said you wanted Jones to come try and destroy the HW division. Now thats hes actually destroying the HW division you're complaining? Jeez make up your mind.

The HW division doesn't need to be "Conored". It was "Conored" all along.
Yes, but we thought destroying the division meant clearing out the top 5 not dismantling the actual division

It's truly mind-boggling how quickly Gane became a bum on these forums after losing to Jones. He was the #1 heavyweight in the UFC at the time he and Jones fought, and he's only ever lost to Jones and Ngannou. That's not enough to be an "actual contender" to you?
Gane's no bum in kickboxing but he thought he could kickbox his way through HW instead of training a day of grappling, which is half the sport. So in retrospect, he had some bum training habits, he was a bum on the ground.

i bet he retires after the stipe fight. he's all but admitting he can't handle the top guys in the division.
That's the point, he's just indicated he won't retire by calling out Alex Pereira. Why would he retire if, as HW champ, he can just take "money fights" against strikers in lower divisions, or the occasional retired legend instead of the actual contenders in the division?

Bisping didn't sell many PPV's either and they let him pass up the #1 contender twice to fight grandpa Hendo and GSP.

What I really don't understand is how people are putting Pav above him despite Pav being a very limited striker with a questionable ground game that Overeem exposed years ago.

Except Dana actually had the cajones to strip conman of the LW title after he never defended it. He has let Jones sit on the belt for nearly two years and hasn't stripped him.
Jones has only held the Heavyweight title for 429 days, so we're about 301 days off from it being "two years", which I wouldn't consider "nearly".

And McGregor held the Lightweight title for 511 days with no defense before getting stripped.

These Jones hate threads are tiresome. Cooner never even attempted to defend a title. Not in UFC, nor in Cage Warriors...

Not enough conor hate threads for sure, but hating on Jones is pretty ok.

That's the point, he's just indicated he won't retire by calling out Alex Pereira. Why would he retire if, as HW champ, he can just take "money fights" against strikers in lower divisions, or the occasional retired legend instead of the actual contenders in the division?
depends on whether he gets the full conor treatment or not. i'd be willing to bet he wouldn't. they'll humor him for a while but eventually they're going to force his hand at HW. he doesn't have the drawing power conor did and he's old. maybe they give him pereira but i doubt it's going to be allowed to fester for years or anything like that.

Jones has only held the Heavyweight title for 429 days, so we're about 301 days off from it being "two years", which I wouldn't consider "nearly".

And McGregor held the Lightweight title for 511 days with no defense before getting stripped.
But the rumor is he won't fight Stipe until November in MSG, which will be 6 more months.

didn't this can butcher the main event of 150 or 151 by declining a last minute replacement?

"go get some fans, jon!"

Yea sadly he did lose pretty embarrassingly quick lol. Gane hasn't helped his Case by doing nothing of note since. I know he beat Tybura, but it was a pretty lackluster fight

But the rumor is he won't fight Stipe until November in MSG, which will be 6 more months.
And then he'll spend the next 6 months campaigning for Pereira or some other easy fight, avoiding Tom or whoever's in line at that point and schedule it for another 6 months in the future.

What I really don't understand is how people are putting Pav above him despite Pav being a very limited striker with a questionable ground game that Overeem exposed years ago.

Pavlovich was the annointed one who would finally dethrone Jones, too...until he went up against Aspinall and got KOed. Now everyone's forgotten him, and Aspinall is apparently the next (or current) GOAT.

Back