Jon Jones is Sherdog.com's new #1 pound-for-pound fighter in the world. What say you?

GSP has the better resume, and that's not debatable. That's what this is based on, not finishes or who you beat in the last couple of years. GSP proved he was number one, and until there is any evidence contrary to that, you can't speculate that Jones has surpassed him just based on recent wins.

Machida, Rashad, Rampage, and Shogun are excellent wins, but the division is very top heavy. There is no depth at all. WW has an extreme amount of depth. WW is comparable to LW in depth but with elite level guys at the top.

People are looking at the WW division with revisionist's history. Thiago Alves was red hot, Fitch was red hot, Matt Hughes was one of the most dominant fighters of all time, BJ Penn was a legend; and Nick Diaz, Carlos Condit, Josh Koscheck, and Jake Shields established themselves as elite contenders before getting title shots.

Yeah, a lot of those guys started slipping after GSP beat them, but we're seeing that with Shogun, Rashad, Rampage, and Machida too.

Jones may be the best, but that's only speculation at this point. People are getting too excited, and GSP is getting completely disrespected.

How does LW not have elite level guys at the top? Bendo, Pettis, Melendez, Grant, Chandler, Maynard, Alvarez, Thomson, and Healy aren't elite? Also people are looking at the LHW divison and Jones wins with revisionist history.

Jones has never...ever...been taken down.
When someone lands one punch on him everyone is OMG!!!!

To me, that's very telling.

Jones has never...ever...been taken down.
When someone lands one punch on him everyone is OMG!!!!

To me, that's very telling.

I agree with this. It was a big news story in the MMA world when Vitor Belfort managed to partially lock an armbar on him. When Machida landed that shot, I almost came out of my seat. Jones is the king, whether I like it or not. Georges is right on his heels, though.

Silva's too high until he proves his loss to Weidman was a fluke.

1. Bones - finishes
2. GSP
3. Aldo
4. Weidman
5. Bendo
6. Cain
6. silva - coming off a loss he needs to work his way back

Yeah, he only won 16/17 fights. All the other guys there have gone undefeated...oh...hmm...wait.

Maybe GSP has a better resume so far, but right now, Jones is the best fighter. Probably the best ever in terms of skillset/athleticism.

so according to some sherdoggers Anderson loses at 38 years old...after 7 years of holding the title and suddenly isn't even top3 p4p anymore?....alright

Yeah, he only won 16/17 fights. All the other guys there have gone undefeated...oh...hmm...wait.
Jones has been disqualified not beaten in the octagon. In P4P terms I believe he's unbeaten.

so according to some sherdoggers Anderson loses at 38 years old...after 7 years of holding the title and suddenly isn't even top3 p4p anymore?....alright
That argument would work better in GOAT discussions, I think. P4P, imo, is more about 'right now'.

For all the GSP fan boys...

GSP and Jon Jones and are my #1 and #2 least liked fighters... I state this fact to show my objectivity is of the highest it can be. I've never rooted for either of them in a fight and am always rooting for them to get tagged, much like Anderson haters would before Weidman.

I can safely say Jon Jones is way more of a dominating figure in this sport.

I believe if you're a true fight fan you know that finishes > decisions.

Back