Jon Jones is Sherdog.com's new #1 pound-for-pound fighter in the world. What say you?

GSP is probably after Jones due to the lay-off and his last win being against Nick Diaz, who was coming off a loss.

In that span, Jones dominated some guys and got even more attention through TUF.

I say who gives a fuck. Rankings and titles are just promoters marking marks of us all. They don't even have to try, they just invent the concept and then leave it to us to argue about it and convince ourselves why we need to spend all our hard earned money buying pay per views to watch the fighters we're nuthugging so we can justify how knowledgeable we are about fighting without doing it ourselves.

Fuck rankings. Fuck titles. #1p4p GOAT K1 level rubes ITT.

GSP is number 1. Defended the belt more times for a longer period than Jones.

They bumped Barao (+ gilbert and MM) for Weidman, I am pissed.

One win gets you on p4p status? that bullshit.

If p4p list meant anything I would be really pissed.

But till Barao is at 1 they don't mean shit, obviously.

I'd say GSP is #1. He's been champ longer and beat better fights as many other have said. Jones is a solid #2. I'd still put Silva above Aldo and Cain above Benson.

Shogun - coming off of multiple knee surgeries and a year layoff
Machida - 1-3 in his last 4 fights, only win being over a shot Couture
Rashad - his best win
Vitor - MW who hadn't fought at 205 in god knows how many years
Chael - lol, not even worth going into

GSP has definitely been facing tougher tests than Jon.

I like how you leave off his best win, Rampage.

Georges delivers a five round snoozefest once a year and he's supposed to be #1?

I agree with the top 4.

You guys have to remember that this is not GOAT, it's P4P. P4P is "what have you done for me lately". Jones' strength of opposition in last 6-7 fights or so is definitely comparable to GSP's. And Jones finishes.

GSP is above Jones in GOAT.

This. You can all go home now

I think Jones can beat everyone, including Cain, on the list. IMO, he is the man. As painful as it is to say.

If Anderson stops fucking about he can get it back, probably, but I got no problem with Jones holding it for now. Anderson has had a fairly carefully picked line of opponents though imo (and/or a weak weight division)

Vitor and Mousasi are real dangers, even to "Serious Anderson"

I don't really care anymore. Jones is the #1 LHW and GSP is the #1 WW.

GSP should be #1. Has beaten tougher compitition. Jones may get number 1 someday, but GSP all day.

I wonder where silva would be in the rankings if he wins the rematch.

Back