Jon Jones fighting Tom Aspinall or Poatan fighting Ankalaev - Which fight is more likely to happen?

Which fight is more likely to happen?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm going to say Poatan/Ankalaev.

Yes he could request to fight Jiri, but Ankalaev is right there knocking on the door. He'll have to fight him eventually.

Ankalaev will have a title shot before the year ends I believe.

As for Jon Jones/Tom Aspinall. Will never happen. The risk vastly outweigh the rewards to Jon Jones perspective.

So he'll never agree to fight him. Plus he has only 1 or 2 fights left and then he retires.

This is what is likely to happen:

(Cue music)

There I was completely wasting, out of work and down
All inside it's so frustrating as I drift from town to town
Feel as though nobody cares if I live or die
So I might as well begin to put some action in my life
Breaking the law, breaking the law

So much for the golden future, I can't even start
I've had every promise broken, there's anger in my heart
You don't know what it's like, you don't have a clue
If you did you'd find yourselves doing the same thing too

You don't know what it's like

Poatan vs Ankalaev us infinitely more likely. It won't happen next, but it will still happen down the line. Pereira seems like he's happy to fight anybody, his issue with avoiding difficult stylistic matchups has been the UFC's doing rather than his own.

Jon is explicitly calling for old retired geriatrics and middleweights who were outgrappled by Adesanya. Running polls on his insta and ignoring the results when people want him to fight Aspinall.

Lol
Connor McGregor vs Anthony Rumble jhonson has more chances to materializing than Jones vs stipe.

Poatan vs Ankalaev us infinitely more likely. It won't happen next, but it will still happen down the line. Pereira seems like he's happy to fight anybody, his issue with avoiding difficult stylistic matchups has been the UFC's doing rather than his own.

Jon is explicitly calling for old retired geriatrics and middleweights who were outgrappled by Adesanya. Running polls on his insta and ignoring the results when people want him to fight Aspinall.
You think Jiri will fight Alex before Ank?

I'm going to say Poatan/Ankalaev.

Yes he could request to fight Jiri, but Ankalaev is right there knocking on the door. He'll have to fight him eventually.

Ankalaev will have a title shot before the year ends I believe.

As for Jon Jones/Tom Aspinall. Will never happen. The risk vastly outweigh the rewards to Jon Jones perspective.

So he'll never agree to fight him. Plus he has only 1 or 2 fights left and then he retires.
Poatan will fight. I see your point too.

Jones vs Pereira is the fight we want... let Aspinall and Ankalaev fight each other at the Apex ;)

Aspinall earned his shot. truth.

Say what you want about JJ...He is no joke when he comes out of hibernation.

Anaklaev already had his chance and instead, tried to call the shots when he had no business doing so. Fuck him. Stupid neckbeards

That being said, Jones wants absolutely no part of Aspinall. He’ll retire before he takes that fight.

Poatan would fight Ankalev next week, but Ank only wants to fight in Mecca by 2030

considering hell will freeze over before jones fights aspinall, i'll take the second option.

Neither. Alex fighting Jiri ....... Bones fighting Stipe.

Then Alex v Bones in a mega fight..

UFC has an actual shot at getting that senerio they aren't going to fuck that up if they can help it.

Back