Jon Jones earns his BJJ blue belt

$

Abu Dhabi Jones guillotine round 2 vs Cormier in the rematch.

DC had an opponent in a similar situation (opponent had his neck while DC had his leg) and DC just picked him up, spun him and slammed him.

imo shows that he let the head games get to him and didn't fight to his true instincts.

So many clueless retards in this thread.

Jon was a white belt until now because he trained no-gi (and thus no belt) BJJ.

Last edited:
Something tells me Jon Jones bjj belt is not an indicator of his skill, but other issues that as a martial artist he has yet to overcome...

True. If I was a sensei/instructor, his antics would have had him expelled or on constant probation.

He's a blue belt in Gi. He's obviously a black belt in No-Gi. We all know how amazing he is at grappling.

He's got some work to do to catch Conor.

Just look at how he ties that belt!

cropped_13151250_271630036511659_1381070121_n.jpg

DC had an opponent in a similar situation (opponent had his neck while DC had his leg) and DC just picked him up, spun him and slammed him.

imo shows that he let the head games get to him and didn't fight to his true instincts.
Or that that other opponent wasn't Jon Jones?..
You think Jon Jones is just going to stand there and let Daniel Cormier pick him up, spin, and slam him?
<36>

Nah he subbed him in an BJJ match under Eddie bravo rules
you mean the shiti BJJ fight were the whole card was full of shiters? not a single high level sumbission grappler LUL there were some people who maybe will be good in the future. that shit with henderson was a joke LMAO. no guards, no frames and no fucking flexibility. doesnt matter if his good old days are gone, but this was embarrassing and thats why i didnt want to watch it at first, but then i was like "ok i dont give a fuck" and every1 with a half brain. they should refund the money for such a crap ... rofl. did you even watch the match? even a fucking whitebelt in germany would have done it much better.

{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

Last edited:
How is he a blue belt? It is almost dangerous for other people to think that that they would be on the same level.

He's already tapped some black belts. SHouldn't they just say fuk it and it least give him a brown belt instead of doing simple belt progression. He could probably tap a good amount of blackbelts at any gym today if he wanted to.

That would be interesting, to see how he does in just grappling, without strikes.
Without strikes/slams, a lot of black belts would have easily taken that armbar that Vitor almost got.
That's not even mentioning rolling in a gi.

BJJ is different.
For the same reason Kevin Randleman is not a better kickboxer than Crocop, despite what happened in their first fight.
And half the guys who have wrecked Overeem in MMA are not better kickboxers than him either.

He's already tapped some black belts. SHouldn't they just say fuk it and it least give him a brown belt instead of doing simple belt progression. He could probably tap a good amount of blackbelts at any gym today if he wanted to.
I'd say he'd tap the considerable majority of blackbelts, yeah. He's just so much more physically imposing.

JBJ submitted black belts after punching them into white belts.

I might cream my pants if he grabs a hold of Cormiers neck and cuts off all circulation and drops him in the middle of the cage like a KFC $5 fill up similar to how he body dropped Machida.
Imagine if the back of Jones' red shorts said KFC and not UFC?

$

DC hasn't faced anyone with Jones' TDD.

That would be interesting, to see how he does in just grappling, without strikes.
Without strikes/slams, a lot of black belts would have easily taken that armbar that Vitor almost got.
That's not even mentioning rolling in a gi.

BJJ is different.
For the same reason Kevin Randleman is not a better kickboxer than Crocop, despite what happened in their first fight.
And half the guys who have wrecked Overeem in MMA are not better kickboxers than him either.

wow we got another one with a brain
<seedat>

Just in time to lose his claim to GOATdom #lolbjj

you mean the shiti BJJ fight were the whole card was full of shiters? not a single high level sumbission grappler LUL there were some people who maybe will be good in the future. that shit with henderson was a joke LMAO. no guards, no frames and no fucking flexibility. doesnt matter if his good old days are gone, but this was embarrassing and thats why i didnt want to watch it at first, but then i was like "ok i dont give a fuck" and every1 with a half brain. they should refund the money for such a crap ... rofl. did you even watch the match? even a fucking whitebelt in germany would have done it much better.

{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}
Huh? I was replying to the guy saying he didn't submit Hendo as their fight was cancelled.
He did. The quality on display was a non factor to my point

Back