Jon Jones blasts UFC for putting DC in GOAT discussion

CIBD.gif
haha! Where the fuck do you guys find these?! I know its Simpsons, but what kind of RainMan motherfucker remembers that this happened, and can find it? #Hespect

As long as Anderson continues to be in discussion and Fedor who spent most of his career in Japan with no testing, Jones should be as well. If you want to eliminate those guys, then sure.

Anderson is fair enough but the Fedor comparison is terrible. It wasn't cheating in Pride therefore if he did juice it was fair game. Jones does it in an organisation that doesn't allow it. It's cheating. How is this hard to understand?

I'm a fan of Jones but he needs to face the fact that failing drug tests will sway public opinion of his legacy.
This. It’s not really a Jones specific thing either. The general public is not keen on steroids.

If there was no testing, then no rule was broken, whether Fedor used or not.

Anderson and Jones broke the rules.

If GSP was never caught, then no rule was broken.

Point is PEDs have been rampant in MMA for decades and still are so to choose to ignore one guy because you don't like him doesn't change the fact that he was in there with other users. It's hard for me to be so hard on guys who got caught since I believe the majority have been on something.

People in the GOAT discussion - My Take

Jones-popped twice in his prime (for I believe the same thing that his brother popped for) and I give him no benefit of the doubt that he was always juiced.
Fedor- Never popped but was in an org that didn't test in a time when usage was rampant. I believe that he probably took something but never popped.
Silva- Popped late in his career. Came from a time when usage was rampant but never tested positive. Suffered a horrendous leg injury and it is not out of the realm of possibility that he started using as part of a recovery from that injury.
GSP- Never popped, Was always an advocate for stronger testing. I don't believe he is juicing.
DC - Never popped. I don't believe he is juicing.

Silva had HGH and a banned diuretic in his home back in 2011, tough to argue that he only used after his losses to Weidman.
Who found them there? First time I've read anything about this.

Edit, I see it looks like the picture had a box inbhis closet

Last edited:
Point is PEDs have been rampant in MMA for decades and still are so to choose to ignore one guy because you don't like him doesn't change the fact that he was in there with other users. It's hard for me to be so hard on guys who got caught since I believe the majority have been on something.

Other outstanding fighters who have never been caught using PED’s:
Demetrious Johnson
Dominic Cruz
TJ Dillashaw
Jose Aldo
Conor McGregor
Max Holloway
Frankie Edgar
BJ Penn (diuretic once)
Khabib
GSP
Robbie Lawler
Tyron Woodley
Chris Weidman
Gegard Mousasi
Robert Whitaker
Shogun Rua
Cain Velasquez
Stipe Miocic

Anderson and Jones have been busted two or more times.
And you defend them by saying that “everyone is using”.

Demetrious Johnson
Dominic Cruz
TJ Dillashaw
Jose Aldo
Conor McGregor
Max Holloway
Frankie Edgar
BJ Penn (diuretic once)
Khabib
GSP
Robbie Lawler
Tyron Woodley
Chris Weidman
Gegard Mousasi
Robert Whitaker
Shogun Rua
Cain Velasquez
Stipe Miocic

Not testing positive doesn't mean you didn't use.

Jones failed 2X during his prime.

Anderson failed past him prime after his leg kick break.

The difference is drinkability.

Andy is the GOAT.

Most of the time I agree with your posts but not with this one. I snapped my collar bone in half and after a few months I was back to normal functioning without steroids. The reason Anderson got caught with steroids wasn’t because he used them for the first time following his leg break, he got caught because USADA came into the picture.

Demetrious Johnson
Dominic Cruz
TJ Dillashaw
Jose Aldo
Conor McGregor
Max Holloway
Frankie Edgar
BJ Penn (diuretic once)
Khabib
GSP
Robbie Lawler
Tyron Woodley
Chris Weidman
Gegard Mousasi
Robert Whitaker
Shogun Rua
Cain Velasquez
Stipe Miocic

Not that many names when going above welterweight

Well DC is in the conversation because he actually has the balls to step up to heavyweight,
even without steroids

LOL at DC being clean. The dude wrestled all the way to the Olympics. You don't do that clean.

Not testing positive doesn't mean you didn't use.

Sorry, but the guys you are defending were caught more than once.
I made a long list of guys who have never been caught.
Jones and Silva are just unlucky?

I believe you should concede that you have lost this argument.

Back