Jon Anik ‘not surprised’ by Jon Jones UFC 295 withdrawal

They've changed realities on us. March>November is now considered a "short" turn around. I'm so fucking sick how expectations have dropped to the point where in a few years we'll be lucky to see our favorite fighters once a year.

Anik is hiding under the cage.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

Anik can read between the lines. He's just throwing some praise in to cover the tracks.
Yeah I don't see his comments making sense any other way. Jon doesn't have a history of being injured in training.

Anik can read between the lines. He's just throwing some praise in to cover the tracks.
Then don’t say anything at all.

It is the apex of dishonesty that these fucking clowns have never called Jones out for anything. His legal issues, his numerous test failures, the fact that he’s a fucking lowlife cheater that is too much of a coward to ever fight clean. He even cheats in the octagon.

Imagine.. Turning around in 8 months. To fight a guy over 40 that hasn’t fought in 2.5 years, and is actually a fulltime fire fighter now.

Fuck off Anik, you douchebag.

bridesmaids-kristen-wiig.gif

“Not surprised, with respect,” Anik told MMA Fighting. “I thought it was ambitious to suggest that Jon Jones after that type of extended layoff would compete at UFC 285 in March and then be able to turn it round again in early November. I just thought it was ambitious, with respect.

“You know how seriously Jon Jones takes all of these championship fights. No man, nor woman has won as many title fights as Jon Jones and that really is the only biggest record that actually matters, but I have to wonder aloud, was this injury preventable, had he been in the gym for every minute that he possibly could be dating to that past title [fight] — and I’m not necessarily suggesting that that’s the right recipe for success either — but I’m not surprised that this fight did not necessarily materialize. “

https://www.mmafighting.com/2023/11/7/23948886/jon-anik-explains-why-he-wasnt-surprised-by-jon-jones-ufc-295-withdrawal-i-just-thought-ambitious

Ambitious to turn around 8 months later after sustaining zero damage in his last fight? Found this to be a very odd take so wanted to share.

Jones was known for basically only training when he had a fight announced back in the day. We have also seen that his idea of a training camp involves coke, alcohol and partying as close as the week of the fight.

So basically Jones has been on a 6 month bender after winning the title, now comes back and does a hard training camp and manages to injure himsefl with an injury that usually only occurs in bodybuilders and powerlifters with any regularity.

PED and illicit substance abuse has caught up with him and now he has sufferred a major injury that is rarely seen in MMA.

Imagine replacing Goldie with this annoying dweeb.

We may never see the guy fight again, could have failed another test.

The injury Jones he recently had will at least take a year to recover then another year to train and get into fight shape then fight promotion, most likely proberly won't be fighting until early 2026 and who knows Stipe will retire by then

Also what if something goes wrong for Jones during his recovery and he is forced to retire for the sake of his health

Jones may never be fighting again to be honest

It's not a quick turnaround

It's a quick turnaround for Jones. Before Gane he hadn't fought for like 5 years or some crazy ehit like that. That's the point Anik was trying to make. Albeit a weird point bordering conspiracy

Idk Anik. Ya got a guy bulking, all that time in the gym lifting could be just as much the cause of an injury like that, among other things.

Anik would of fought Ngannou for 12k/12k

in a world where you need extensive PED usage in order to maintain your status as an elite professional athlete
Waaaaaah. Teaaaaaacherrrrrr, he's not being fair! He's trying to be the best he can and that's not faaaair! Waaaaaah!

Back