Johny Hendricks explains how USADA played role in UFC retirement decision, details scary weight cut

So he started missing weight because of the IV ban? BULLSHIT

Not being able to use IV's does not explain why he missed weight three times. An IV does not help you miss weight.

And then he says he dropped his walk around weight by 20lbs and still missed weight.

FUCK OFF JOHNY.. SERIOUSLY.. NOBODY IS BUYING THAT SHIT

Never been a fan of this guy, but he’s dead on with the IV ban. It’s a shit rule and only puts fighters at risk.

Try eating some vegetables and stop blowing up in between fights.

the IV rule is one of the dumbest, negligent rules they put on athletes.

except its not.

there is no evidence at all that oral rehydration is any less effective than iv rehydration in athletes that have cut weight.

talk to someone like George Lockhart and he will tell you that you can rehydrate just as effectively orally.

besides, Johny didnt miss weight three times because of the iv restrictions.

I agree with him about the IV's, but complaining about having to walk around at 'only' 20lbs heavier than your weight limit doesn't bear much sympathy.

except its not.

there is no evidence at all that oral rehydration is any less effective than iv rehydration in athletes that have cut weight.

talk to someone like George Lockhart and he will tell you that you can rehydrate just as effectively orally.

besides, Johny didnt miss weight three times because of the iv restrictions.
Oh God this shit again. You gunna reference bro science? Lockhart is not a medical professional. He cooks meals for UFC fighters. IV therapy is indicated for severe dehydration (weight cutting).

The truth is USADA dont want people to blood dope.

Next time you're in Midlothian, check out Big Riggs Steakhouse.

Me and my bro got shitfaced and had a feast there last week, the place is actually pretty dope!

lol did you meet the man himself?

johny gets a lot of hate round here but i used to love his fights. his title run was great, he arguably beat georges, his fights with robbie were fcking great

Oh God this shit again. You gunna reference bro science? Lockhart is not a medical professional. He cooks meals for UFC fighters. IV therapy is indicated for severe dehydration (weight cutting).

The truth is USADA dont want people to blood dope.
whatever the reason, its still not the reason he missed weight three times.

I love Johny, and i will maintain to my grave he beat GSp, but hes talking bollocks and making excuses.

Yes IV is the cause of your downfall....I think that is on page 102 of your book of excuses. On a side not IV bags can also be used to cover up diuretic and steroid use.

Man, Hendricks is still so clueless.

Blaming IV's instead of his inability to live like a professional athlete and keep his fucking weight under control.

Walking around 40 pounds above your weight class is not USADA's fault.

Weight cutting remains the worst thing about this sport.

Why is it so hard for an athlete to not walk around more than twenty pounds above his fight weight?

conor too moved up permanently shortly after IV went away.

This goof blaming IV bags and not potato chip bags

IV bags aren't going to help your hairline, Johny.

People like Johnny are the reason restaurants no longer offer buffets.

Wtf dude says he walks around at 210, yet cuts to fight at 170 and wants to complain about not getting to use iv bags. Move up a weight class you fucking coward.

Was about to say the same fucking thing.

Waaaaaa waaaaaa. I gotta fight guys my own size now? Waaaaaa....I quit

You two fucking morons realize that he was fighting at 185 at 5'9" with like a 67" reach, right?

Was about to say the same fucking thing.

Waaaaaa waaaaaa. I gotta fight guys my own size now? Waaaaaa....I quit

Looking at his last fight in the UFC, he looked 3 weight classes under that monster Costa.

He was most certainly not fighting someone his own size.

Dude if you're walking around at 210 you shouldn't be fighting at welterweight period. If you need an IV bag just to compete then you are doing it wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back