John Romero is about to make you his #*$%@, with Doom wads in 2018

78259979.jpg

Give us your WAD now John!

0.jpg

Tracking number emailed late last night. Fired up Doom on the 360 to get in the mood lol. Gotta hurry up and get monitor for my PC! (Other than the junker 60hrz I have laying around. )

It’s about to be on like Donkey Kong Boys!!

I'm almost done with EP2. Gotta get through EP3, too, before I get into this. If only so I prepared for the insane difficulty lol.

I'm almost done with EP2. Gotta get through EP3, too, before I get into this. If only so I prepared for the insane difficulty lol.
Episode 4 on ultraviolence has some crazy hard levels, especially if you pistol start.

If you get stuck on a level watch Altima mantoid or bigmacdavis for level playthroughs.

I couldn’t remeber how to get through them all it’s been so long on my ultraviolence 100% quest I started last year and found these guys on YouTube.

Episode 4 on ultraviolence has some crazy hard levels, especially if you pistol start.

EP4 is the one that John didn't have anything to do with, right? I never played the later episodes. I went from the shareware DOOM right into DOOM II. When I was a kid. This is my first run through the paid levels of the original game.

If you get stuck on a level watch Altima mantoid or bigmacdavis for level playthroughs.

I couldn’t remeber how to get through them all it’s been so long on my ultraviolence 100% quest I started last year and found these guys on YouTube.

I tend to not go that hardcore anymore. I don't have a ton of time to put aside for gaming anymore so I try to challenge myself while not stressing my self out about it. I hate that feeling of opening up a game and knowing that I'm stuck. That's how life goes and I'm trying to escape from that kind of thing when I play games.

Plus I don't know how to git gud.

If you own the steam version you should have the .wad files. Grab a source port like GZDoom or Zandronum and you should be good to go.

If you need the wads pm me
The wording in the original release said it wouldn’t run on ports like that, had to be an OG copy I don’t know how that’s gonna work but I have a gd 95 machine running with midi sound just in case. I can’t find my damn copy anywhere though.

Guess I’m gonna have to eBay one of the .wads on zdoom etc won’t run on my good pc.

I tend to not go that hardcore anymore. I don't have a ton of time to put aside for gaming anymore so I try to challenge myself while not stressing my self out about it. I hate that feeling of opening up a game and knowing that I'm stuck. That's how life goes and I'm trying to escape from that kind of thing when I play games.

When you’ve played Doom for as many years as I have(with some huge gaps in play at times like ten plus years) any thing less than ultraviolence is downright boring. And on some levels ultraviolence is boring and I have to play nightmare for a challenge.

When eternal was announced I went to Quake Con for the official “announcement “ and saw it Live.

And I decided to play through ALL of Doom on ultraviolence 100% each level and replay if I don’t 100% until i moved on with the plan being to finish before eternal gets here. And wanted to be through doom 2 before Sigil hit.

So, I’m a pretty hard core Doom guy.

A bit of advice on episode 4, ammo starts getting harder to come by, use it sparingly and stock up on missles and shit when you can.

Get good at punching saves ammo.

And use the chainsaw to your advantage. There are some parts where it’s best to back off into a corner and chainsaw or punch out pinkies or they will suck your ammo dry.

I got the “kill 100 enemies with a chainsaw” in one level achievement on Xbox. Lol.

Was on my door step when I Got home from work!

And my Fcking pc is at work and I have my win 95 machine torn apart right now.

I have an old vista or win 7? Tower in the attic with a core 2 duo I think?

That will run this right?

And I am not sure if I have a WiFi adapter that will work with that old ass pc anyway. Arg.

My core 2 quad machine is in pieces at my moms with a coupe graphics cards there too. Dang it man all my crud is over there because I was messing with it there for a while visiting.

I guess I could download the doom files to usb on my work laptop and load them onto the old pc(if it even works haven’t gone through it yet!)

Arg, anyone played yet??

Arg, anyone played yet??
I beat it just a couple days ago.

It's VERY difficult. I'd say it's much harder than Thy Flesh Consumed overall, especially when it comes to ammo management. Trust me when I say that you'll want to save early and often! There are also a metric fuck-ton of Barons, and a surprising amount of Cyberdemons.

Overall, I had fun with it. It's nothing fantastic, but it was fun while it lasted even despite some questionable design choices here and there (the end of E5M7 can go fuck itself).

I beat it just a couple days ago.

It's VERY difficult. I'd say it's much harder than Thy Flesh Consumed overall, especially when it comes to ammo management. Trust me when I say that you'll want to save early and often! There are also a metric fuck-ton of Barons, and a surprising amount of Cyberdemons.

Overall, I had fun with it. It's nothing fantastic, but it was fun while it lasted even despite some questionable design choices here and there (the end of E5M7 can go fuck itself).
Cool

So you beat it already on Ultraviolence?

I’ve been trying to avoid watching any playthroughs or let’s plays as I like the traps and surprises to be surprises lol but since I have it now and can’t play it I might watch M1 and M2 if they are on any of the channels I watch for doom(I’d be surprised if they weren’t. )

As I’m dying over here not being able to play it. Maybe at work tomorrow I’ll sneak In some time and kick a couple of rigs that aren’t doing much off my screens

You tube is full of people bashing on it.

Kinda sad, watching stuff like this makes me let down before I even play it.

I was expecting more. Hopefully when I play it it will be better than what I’m hearing.

If not I’ll just load “go 2 it” or some other crazy wad map and rip and tear.

Last edited:

I was expecting more. Hopefully when I play it it will be better than what I’m hearing.

im surprised this dork hasnt bashed it yet

HobbitReview4.jpg

Damn, that’s too bad. Can’t say I liked what I saw in that video at all, and iirc I generally like that English guy’s reviews.

Damn, that’s too bad. Can’t say I liked what I saw in that video at all, and iirc I generally like that English guy’s reviews.
I knew it was a bad sign when neither Big Mac Davis nor Altima Mantoid had done a Sigil episode run yet...

I’ll still give it a go, but my excitement has dropped off some after viewing these, should have not watched anything and just got my crap together and stayed excited.

honestly, where is his kickstarter for his new fps? i want that

Is that even going ahead anymore? I know the kickstarter got pulled down after like two days because people were criticizing him and Adrian Carmack, saying that they hadn’t developed enough of a proof of concept yet to warrant a kickstarter yet, as well as criticisms saying that they have enough personal wealth that they should be able to finance the project on their own. Not really sure I agree with that logic per se, but gamers are a greedy, fickle bunch.

Either way, I could see them just saying “fuck it” after that kind of reception. That was in April, 2016 and there’s been literally nothing since so I think that project is vapourware at this point.

The ending of E5M7 can kindly go fuck itself.

When you guys play it, you'll see exactly what I mean.

The ending of E5M7 can kindly go fuck itself.

When you guys play it, you'll see exactly what I mean.
I’ve seen a bunch of reference to that in vid comments so I’ve been avoiding watching any actual playthroughs just “ thoughts etc”

I want to experience the “ go fuck it self” for myself lol.

How does it rank to E4 in doom? Or the final level of E2

Back