John Oliver: No Big Issue of ANTIFA Assaulting 'White Nationlist' Protestors

I have always said, put ANTIFA on one side of a field, and White Supremecists on the other and let them fight Anchor Man style. Any weapon is legal, just no guns and put that shit on PPV. Give all the money to a charity.

Oh, definitely. The dude's an intellectual giant.

But back to the point, you honestly don't think that there is a problem when "he's a hateful extremist" is as much justification as is necessary to override one's moral aversion to using violence to solve problems?

I'm not a pacifist, but shit seems tense as fuck over there, and resorting to "punch a nazi!" at a time when nazis are generally little more than sad and lonely losers who are only "nazis" because they think that they're victims and are looking for a gang to join and a "defiant" identity to adopt, sounds like a pretty pathetically stupid, petty and self-destructive response to a fairly minor problem.

I would also like to point out that a lot of Far left extremists equate anyone right of centre and white with Nazi, which is dangerous as fuck for several reasons.

Then don't make it about that and pretend it applies to me, please.

I never said it applied to you. You responded to me about Trump supporters being whiners because Trump is being mocked and I pointed out that the problem is not Trump being attacked by the smug liberal establishment, but everyday working class (mainly white) people.

The problem is about smug and snarky Jon Stewart clones like Samantha Bee, Stephen Colbert and John Oliver mocking those who do not agree with their "enlightened" views.

Yes and no. Obvioulsy one is more extreme but theyre both a result of people losing control of their emotions.

I dont know if youve ever been jumped but it changes your perspective as to what is acceptable force

One is a misdemeanor, one is a felony.

We already have come together as a society to classify these incidents.

One is a misdemeanor, one is a felony.

We already have come together as a society to classify these incidents.
Yeah that and there needs to be a shift from violent public protest to something else as a means to get your point across.

I never said it applied to you. You responded to me about Trump supporters being whiners because Trump is being mocked and I pointed out that the problem is not Trump being attacked by the smug liberal establishment, but everyday working class (mainly white) people.

The problem is about smug and snarky Jon Stewart clones like Samantha Bee, Stephen Colbert and John Oliver mocking those who do not agree with their "enlightened" views.
Yup. The problem isn't the problem, it's the people who notice the problem.
The message isn't what's important, it's that the message was more mean spirited than it might have been.

With Donny Nicknames for President?
Please.

i'm a bad person because i don't care if neo-nazis get punched for being neo-nazis? i mean i wouldn't advocate in favor it i just don't care if neo nazis cry because they got shut down
No. You're not a bad person for it.

But you're definitely a short sighted one because of it.

Last edited:
How are you going to win "deplorable" voters to your side when you consistently mock them and tell them how stupid they are?

The point of the "deplorables" comment was that a portion of Trump supporters are decent people who support him because they always support the Republican and they can be reached, but another portion truly revels in the ugliness of the campaign and cannot be reached by decent folks. You read the WR. Do you think a politician should be courting the votes of people like @Bloodworth, @SlipperyKantu (sp?), or @RIPWarrior?

punching nazis is really good and everyone should do it
And if you can't find any nazis, just punch someone anyway and call them a nazi after. Sort of the opposite of the old "if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with".

snowflakes-kill-nazis.jpg
<{MingNope}>

The point of the "deplorables" comment was that a portion of Trump supporters are decent people who support him because they always support the Republican and they can be reached, but another portion truly revels in the ugliness of the campaign and cannot be reached by decent folks. You read the WR. Do you think a politician should be courting the votes of people like @Bloodworth, @SlipperyKantu (sp?), or @RIPWarrior?
Or @Devout Pessimist? I think not.

he probably has grandparents that fought in the Battle of Britain, yet still uses Nazi's unironically

the trend of foreign late night comedians shitting on the US every night/week is a bit odd IMO. Not like we're heading over to UK, Canada, or South Africa to start a show to clown them

I have always said, put ANTIFA on one side of a field, and White Supremecists on the other and let them fight Anchor Man style. Any weapon is legal, just no guns and put that shit on PPV. Give all the money to a charity.

I'd pay to see that.

Especially if chainsaws and katanas are legal.

he probably has grandparents that fought in the Battle of Britain, yet still uses Nazi's unironically

the trend of foreign late night comedians shitting on the US every night/week is a bit odd IMO. Not like we're heading over to UK, Canada, or South Africa to start a show to clown them
Those countries aren't shit though. No need to clown on them.

Those countries aren't shit though. No need to clown on them.
which makes it all the more hilarious that they come here to become wealthy/famous by essentially mocking at least half the country

Trevor Noah, from South Africa ffs, routinely brings up racial issues in the US as if we're the beacon of racism in the Western World. Not, you know, his own country

Oliver covers Brexit, and just hushes away the obvious racial sentiments involved in that voting process (we'll say Immigration instead of racial, but whatever), yet routinely shits on the US. Sure haha

lol, crying about the nationality of cable talk show hosts. You don't have to watch it, it's optional. It's optional to even have access to the channels they're doing it on.

Find something better to do.

Back