John Oliver DESTROYS Jill Stein and Gary Johnson.

That's not accurate. Time Warner *employees* are collectively among Clinton's top 10 donors by workplace.

Could be his own employees or any combination of the 40,000 or so people who work for Time Warner.

Is a forest not made up of its trees?

Is a forest not made up of its trees?

The thing specifically says, "my bosses." Someone who works in a different division or works under him wouldn't be his boss. And it's not just a semantic difference--the implication that he'd somehow be leaned on to express that view is just wrong. I mean, it's no secret that John Oliver is a liberal--doesn't require any conspiracy to explain why he might say stuff that sounds liberal.

I have a friend who works for Citadel at a low level. He's a hardcore lefty. I don't know if he gave any money to a campaign, but if he did, it would have been to Bernie. But that doesn't mean that Citadel gave to Bernie or that the "boss" of people who are higher up in the company gave to Bernie (Ken Griffin gave a shipload to Rubio, actually).

As a fellow Bernie supporter, what do you find so crazy about Stein's platform? With him gone, there is nobody closer to his platform - she's slightly better on FP, IMO.

#Berndown4what

That's just it, I don't necessarily dislike anything about her platform I just don't have a record to go off of from her when it comes to her decision-making abilities and judgment calls. I at least knew Sanders spent most of his adult life fighting for average everyday people as a politician and had the record to show for it. It all sounds good but practicing medicine for almost 3 decades doesn't necessarily tell me what she would do in office. I just don't see her as having the political know-how to actually enact anything she's trying to do or that she would even surround herself with the necessary people that would know.

Her thoughts on quantitative easing just being some kind of magic trick that nobody including herself understands is maddening to me. Add on top of that she thinks it's a one shop stop to erase student debt is, well, I don't know concerning. All that said I'll probably still vote for her just because I wouldn't feel right stepping out of the voting booth without having voted for Pres. However there is no chance in hell she wins. Im mainly just going to vote for politicians I care for on state and local levels. I do think she probably is the best candidate to combat global warming but who really knows what kind of in-depth energy policies he actually has.

BTW would still hit with the fury of 100 bullet trains. Also...

#NeverStopBernin

That's just it, I don't necessarily dislike anything about her platform I just don't have a record to go off of from her when it comes to her decision-making abilities and judgment calls. I at least knew Sanders spent most of his adult life fighting for average everyday people as a politician and had the record to show for it.

My man! That's how I roll, too.
She is a pure protest vote, though, so it's essentially her platform and ideals you'd be voting for.

It all sounds good but practicing medicine for almost 3 decades doesn't necessarily tell me what she would do in office. I just don't see her as having the political know-how to actually enact anything she's trying to do or that she would even surround herself with the necessary people that would know.

I know a lot of silly doctors. It shows she is intelligent, it doesn't show she's effective or even sane. :)

Her thoughts on quantitative easing just being some kind of magic trick that nobody including herself understands is maddening to me. Add on top of that she thinks it's a one shop stop to erase student debt is, well, I don't know concerning. All that said I'll probably still vote for her just because I wouldn't feel right stepping out of the voting booth without having voted for Pres. However there is no chance in hell she wins. Im mainly just going to vote for politicians I care for on state and local levels. I do think she probably is the best candidate to combat global warming but who really knows what kind of in-depth energy policies he actually has.

if the student debt is a risk to the economic stability of the country or a major roadblock to growth, then it's not that crazy. Misinterpreting who runs the money is a misstep, though.

BTW would still hit with the fury of 100 bullet trains. Also...

She's the Helen Mirrin of left wing politics.

#NeverStopBernin
QFT

The thing specifically says, "my bosses." Someone who works in a different division or works under him wouldn't be his boss. And it's not just a semantic difference--the implication that he'd somehow be leaned on to express that view is just wrong. I mean, it's no secret that John Oliver is a liberal--doesn't require any conspiracy to explain why he might say stuff that sounds liberal.

I have a friend who works for Citadel at a low level. He's a hardcore lefty. I don't know if he gave any money to a campaign, but if he did, it would have been to Bernie. But that doesn't mean that Citadel gave to Bernie or that the "boss" of people who are higher up in the company gave to Bernie (Ken Griffin gave a shipload to Rubio, actually).

It's a fair distinction for the sake of precise accuracy.

My man! That's how I roll, too.
She is a pure protest vote, though, so it's essentially her platform and ideals you'd be voting for.

Absolutely! It just sucks that now it's only a protest vote whereas Sanders was a legitimate vote and he straight up had the primaries jacked from him.

I know a lot of silly doctors. It shows she is intelligent, it doesn't show she's effective or even sane. :)

I actually stopped seeing doctors because they kept on pushing their big Pharma death pills on me. Since I've been healthier than ever. And honestly you could argue that the brightest people aren't very sane. But I agree and her questionable effectiveness is why I'm not a diehard supporter.

if the student debt is a risk to the economic stability of the country or a major roadblock to growth, then it's not that crazy. Misinterpreting who runs the money is a misstep, though.

Yeah I completely agree. Not saying that student debt Isn't a risk to economic stability or that it's crazy. That was one of the biggest reasons I felt the Bern. Again I just think when it comes to getting it done, she probably just doesn't know her ass from a hole in the ground.

She's the Helen Mirrin of left wing politics.

bSXNUCW.png

She can take her asymmetrical breasts straight to my mouth. Them pokies thoo.....

index.php

The only thing more absurd than Gary Johnson or Jill Stein is the fact that our other choices are Giant Douche, and Turd Sandwich.

Too bad Oliver doesn't follow in Stewarts footsteps, and atleast attempt to be something other then a mouthpiece for the DNC. The Daily Show got popular when Stewart was going after both sides, more so Bush and company, but he still tried to appear somewhat impartial.

Oliver should call his show what it is. The Hillary Clinton Victory Fund show. Brought to you by the SuperPac's and Oligarchs the DNC claims to oppose.
Craig Kilborn didn't give a FUCK about talking shit on Billy Boy; I vaguely remember it being glorious.

Absolutely! It just sucks that now it's only a protest vote whereas Sanders was a legitimate vote and he straight up had the primaries jacked from him.

I actually stopped seeing doctors because they kept on pushing their big Pharma death pills on me. Since I've been healthier than ever. And honestly you could argue that the brightest people aren't very sane. But I agree and her questionable effectiveness is why I'm not a diehard supporter.

Yeah I completely agree. Not saying that student debt Isn't a risk to economic stability or that it's crazy. That was one of the biggest reasons I felt the Bern. Again I just think when it comes to getting it done, she probably just doesn't know her ass from a hole in the ground.

bSXNUCW.png

She can take her asymmetrical breasts straight to my mouth. Them pokies thoo.....

index.php

My man. You have good taste.

#shameless.

He isn't funny, and his show is the same over and over. Don't watch it any more. He also seems to be shilling hard for Hillary, by constantly trying to shit on Trump.

His whole show boils down to:

"[insert crappy joke], ok but serious now [insert topic], unlike Janet from accounting who [something annoying that happens at a work place], but back to [topic] which by the way is the same as [insert another unfunny joke]."

Rinse and repeat and you got his show.
I think some of his segments are interesting but I do agree, he's not very funny. I wish he'd just cut 2/3 of his jokes out.
God I hate Jill Stein
First time I've heard that. I wonder why tough? Most people like her or just don't care.
I take it you missed the part of the video where he called Clinton a "hawkish Wall Street Embodiment of everything people can't stand about politics"?
I hate that he had to qualify it with "some people" while just ripping into the other three.

First time I've heard that. I wonder why tough? Most people like her or just don't care.

I've never heard of anyone who liked her except Trotsky. She's a total fruitcake. Pandered to anti-vaxxers, completely ignorant about policy, sleazy. Romney would be better than her.

His summary at the end was pretty dead on. I don't think anyone in America can argue with the last couple minutes of that video.

it's hard to listen to him.

He's not very funny, but most of what he said about Jill Stein (that's as far as I made it) was correct. However, he admitted that the president didn't have those powers while being a clear shill for Clinton & Obama. He even made it sound as if the federal reserve was responsible in any shape or form.

This guy is working directly for the Clintons to get her elected...fuck him

John oliver is great. He supports hillary but who cares thats his opinion. Its all for a laugh and he is entertaining

I know a lot of you on this forum HATE John Oliver and I get it. Hell I'm a fan of the guy and lately he's even been losing me. But I feel he really hit the nail on the head with this one.

As a staunch Sanders supporter during the primaries it's pretty incredible to me that Bernie people would look at either of these two as credible candidates for the job or anyone else for that matter. They both lack any real substance and have absolutely ZERO idea how they would enact any of the things they are proposing.

I time stamped the video to get straight to the point where he talks about the both of them but the first four minutes are pretty hilarious if you want to check them out.

P.S. I would still totally bang Jill Stein and I don't mind those cornball ass songs. So sue me...

Jon Oliver destroyed himself when he prostituted out his platform to the most corrupt politician in the history of The United States

http://www.infowars.com/exclusive-l...n-in-communication-with-comedian-john-oliver/

John oliver is great. He supports hillary but who cares thats his opinion. Its all for a laugh and he is entertaining

It's not all for an laugh, it's propaganda disguised as comedy. They have been doing it since Stewart and now you have 20 Stewart clones.

Back