John Oliver DESTROYS Jill Stein and Gary Johnson.

I agree with the first part because I hate people who instantly dismiss conspiracy theories as always being untrue.

Hardly anyone does that. We listen to the conspiracy theory, examine the evidence provided, and conclude that you are fucking retarded.

People get butthurt by this, and contend that we just don't get it. We do. We just think that the position is retarded.

And LOL at that being the reason people are upset with the TS. How dare him roll his eyes at Jill's fucktard opinions as a desperate attempt to attract the .0000000001% CT vote!

To me, this is still shilling for Hillary.

Everyone knows that voting third party is just a protest vote against the major parties.

Democrats and media have done a good job setting up Hillary to be "the lesser of two evils" in this election.

John Oliver is just trashing the only other option that democrats have who can't stand their own candidate.

This was definitely his best segment on the election. The Jill Stein crunchy queer folk for the 90s provided the punchline moments that his attacks on Trump have lacked.

The "shill" argument seems pretty weak, and I don't think you need to be in Hillary's pocket to vehemently oppose Trump. That opposition to Trump has made for some lame coverage though.

The whole "Drumpf" thing struck me as similar, but less immediately applicable, to the conservative affectation of saying Barack HUSSEIN Obama earlier in his tenure in office. It's silly and doesn't mean anything. The rest of his coverage has just been rehash, since Trump's gotten so much media coverage, there's been little new for him to say, but he keeps trying.

I wasn't going to vote for them, but now that John Oliver told me not to, I might do a coin toss to decide whether Jill or Gary gets my vote.

To me, this is still shilling for Hillary.

Everyone knows that voting third party is just a protest vote against the major parties.

Democrats and media have done a good job setting up Hillary to be "the lesser of two evils" in this election.

John Oliver is just trashing the only other option that democrats have who can't stand their own candidate.

It really is shilling. Isn't it strange that a comedy show pushes the mainstream boring view? Wouldn't you expect these to be the exact people to support a third party and to spread that message of change and rebellion?

But no, they push the normal conservative view. Vote for the democrat party. It's boring.

933.jpg

lol I don't mind Oliver cause he does make me laugh but I never realized this is exactly what he's doing.

No surprise there, his producers want you to vote for Hillary. I've lost all respect for him when he started going into the typical far left pro-refugee, pro-BLM, anti-nationalism direction. His support of out of control Muslim immigration especially is just unacceptable. He's probably the least objectionable shill I've ever seen, he's funny, his segments are informative, but the end-result is the same: convincing a public of a certain view.

No surprise there, his producers want you to vote for Hillary. I've lost all respect for him when he started going into the typical far left pro-refugee, pro-BLM, anti-nationalism direction. His support of out of control Muslim immigration especially is just unacceptable. He's probably the least objectionable shill I've ever seen, he's funny, his segments are informative, but the end-result is the same: convincing a public of a certain view.

He's your classic, new-school, American neo-liberal.

Full retard on the identity issues but repulsed by legitimately leftist, New Deal-style economic policy.

What I call a "fauxgressive".

I wouldn't be overly concerned about whether a candidate is convincing about how he or she would be able to accomplish their goals. It is always a positive to come off as competent, but not the deciding factor over policy itself. If it is the will of the people to elect a leader who proposes that all student loans will be erased, without an earthly clue on how to actually do it, then it is up to the government as an institution to fulfill this task, or have its employees replaced by the kind of people who can.

Completely disagree.

As touched on by Oliver, if it isn't within the power of the president to do, then you are essentially defrauding the public by promising it. If a candidate doesn't show any familiarity with how government works, how can you trust them to govern?

In the specific case of student loans, without having any idea how to pay for it, how can the voters make an informed choice about whether it is worth paying higher taxes or cutting services in order to pay for the schooling of some students, who keep most of that benefit for themselves, and who on average come from higher income homes?

Part of convincing the voting public that you have good ideas should be convincing them that those ideas are possible to implement and debate about those ideas should bring the tradeoffs to light. Otherwise it's all just pie in the sky.

That said, Stein is a total wood.

This guy scoffed at people for suggesting that the wave of migrants entering Europe would lead to more terror attacks. Well the terror attacks have happened, these people were right yet John Oliver is still lecturing and sneering from atop of his lofty moral high horse.

Snobs like him are one of the reasons why someone like Trump can gain so much traction in today's political climate.

I soooo want to punch his face. IDGAF what he's saying. That virgin face needs to be punched.

He isn't funny, and his show is the same over and over. Don't watch it any more. He also seems to be shilling hard for Hillary, by constantly trying to shit on Trump.

His whole show boils down to:

"[insert crappy joke], ok but serious now [insert topic], unlike Janet from accounting who [something annoying that happens at a work place], but back to [topic] which by the way is the same as [insert another unfunny joke]."

Rinse and repeat and you got his show.
He used to go into depth on some important issues, but now it's so riddled with really bad jokes it's tough to get through.

If that was the worst he had on Stein then I'd hardly call it destroyed - not even close.

I didn't watch the GJ part, I think I'm up to date on his implosion.

As with most of these shows and their hosts, he was once pretty decent, even if he was very pretty far left. But he got his audience, and now he doesn't even try to work on getting any more. Just preaching to his choir now. Boring, trite, and unfunny, just the way they like it.

That's not accurate. Time Warner *employees* are collectively among Clinton's top 10 donors by workplace.

Could be his own employees or any combination of the 40,000 or so people who work for Time Warner.

I know a lot of you on this forum HATE John Oliver and I get it. Hell I'm a fan of the guy and lately he's even been losing me. But I feel he really hit the nail on the head with this one.

As a staunch Sanders supporter during the primaries it's pretty incredible to me that Bernie people would look at either of these two as credible candidates for the job or anyone else for that matter. They both lack any real substance and have absolutely ZERO idea how they would enact any of the things they are proposing.

I time stamped the video to get straight to the point where he talks about the both of them but the first four minutes are pretty hilarious if you want to check them out.

P.S. I would still totally bang Jill Stein and I don't mind those cornball ass songs. So sue me...

As a fellow Bernie supporter, what do you find so crazy about Stein's platform? With him gone, there is nobody closer to his platform - she's slightly better on FP, IMO.

#Berndown4what

Oliver is hard to listen to and his show is just 30 minutes of straight rambling. Commercial breaks would actually be an improvement.

Back