John Danaher Back Attacks instructional is out

Joe seems like the kind of guy who's got enough confidence about himself to not get frustrated by anyone who seems condescending. In the interview he was focusing on the content and not trying to look smarter.

Some people just get triggered by anybody who seems haughty or use a wide vocabulary. In their heads it's like: Why is he talking to me like that, is it because he thinks that I'm stupid, but no I'm not stupid, I'm smart also, let's think about something smart to say instead of listening to what this guy is saying.

It's staggering to me how many people were triggered by that interview. John wasn't being remotely condescending to Joe.

Tonon used the straitjacket in his last fight, couldn't have chosen a better time, he indirectly promoted this DVD.

offtopic but actually how many of these techs do you implement in your game??

offtopic but actually how many of these techs do you implement in your game??

I'm planning to test out the hand fighting and the rear naked choke today. I don't have as much self structured training sessions available nowadays so it's hard for me to add new material.

You are mad because I said Marcelo or someone who actually uses the moves in competion would be a better buy instead of someone who hasn't. Pretty simple.

I have placed 3rd in pan Americans, won multiple state championship in all belt divisions.

Have won superfights at the Abu Dhabi pro.

I have won multiple super fights in Fight2win pro at black belt.

At the end, I give more credit to people who actually put it on the line win or lose.

I know to many talkers who don't compete but act like their philosophy holds up in actual competition lol.

No I’m not, because Marcelo is goat for me...

Well,your a pretty damn good grappler, I don’t see how you cannot grasp the idea of teaching isn’t the same as comepeting, specially when the results are in view..

Hardcore competitors know the truth though. There are alot of nutella black belts out there lol.

Nutella black belt? Is that from buchechas definition of a Nutella black belt?

I don’t see how you cannot grasp the idea of teaching isn’t the same as comepeting, specially when the results are in view..

Coaching isn't the same as teaching too. Cicero Costha is the arguably the best coach in BJJ (he trained both Miyaos, Leandro Lo and others) and he reportedly doesn't even show much technique.

Coaching isn't the same as teaching too. Cicero Costha is the arguably the best coach in BJJ (he trained both Miyaos, Leandro Lo and others) and he reportedly doesn't even show much technique.

I guess you are right... jhon is both I think

I've been watching the Danaher Back Attacks and I have a question about his RNC finish. He prefers what he calls the "rotational" finish to the more traditional bring your elbows together squeeze (if you've watched the series you know what I'm referring to).

My question is: would Danaher's rotational finish of the RNC be considered a neck crank (or verging upon it)?

Thanks.

I've been watching the Danaher Back Attacks and I have a question about his RNC finish. He prefers what he calls the "rotational" finish to the more traditional bring your elbows together squeeze (if you've watched the series you know what I'm referring to).

My question is: would Danaher's rotational finish of the RNC be considered a neck crank (or verging upon it)?

Thanks.

No, it’s not a crank...

Last edited:

Thanks.
Not at all. It’s a clean choke. And if it did crank a bit it would be legal. Choking is still the primary action.

You are a troll, if you don't think Marcelo wouldn't own tonon win a rear naked choke to add lol.
He's not a troll. He's been a quality poster here for years. You pushed the argument there. No one hear wants to say a bad word about Marcelo, but you drew the comparison and so he went there. Marcelo has the best RNC game of all time but since you took the argument there, it can't be denied that Marcelo failed to finish the RNC in MMA and Garry succeeded immediately using the straitjacket system.

Neck cranks are IBJJF legal if they are combined with a choke.

He's not a troll. He's been a quality poster here for years. You pushed the argument there. No one hear wants to say a bad word about Marcelo, but you drew the comparison and so he went there. Marcelo has the best RNC game of all time but since you took the argument there, it can't be denied that Marcelo failed to finish the RNC in MMA and Garry succeeded immediately using the straitjacket system.

Maybe tonon wanted to do mma and trained appropriately for it. We don't know of marcelo goal was mma or of he was pushed by alliance to do mma. He look like he didn't want to fight. It also look like he can't take a hit.

Maybe tonon wanted to do mma and trained appropriately for it. We don't know of marcelo goal was mma or of he was pushed by alliance to do mma. He look like he didn't want to fight. It also look like he can't take a hit.
He wasn’t pushed but he did end up thinking it wasn’t for him. He said that he was miserable training for mma and didn’t enjoy it.

No I’m not, because Marcelo is goat for me...

Well,your a pretty damn good grappler, I don’t see how you cannot grasp the idea of teaching isn’t the same as comepeting, specially when the results are in view..

I think he just reminds me of some black belts who've I've seen going through the ranks. Some are straight up lazy and don't train very hard. Buchecha and otherwise call them nutella black belts.

These black belts don't train or roll and come to class to hand out and tell lower belts what to do or train.

They always dodge any tough roll. Remember I'm a black belt under megaton and I see him train every day at the age of 51 yrs old. He has all kinds of injuries also but he loves to fight and compete.

He also shakes his head at these nutella blacks belt and just says "it is what it is"

I guess it hard for me to take advice from paractioners who never got on the trenches. It is different from academy training to competing.

He wasn’t pushed but he did end up thinking it wasn’t for him. He said that he was miserable training for mma and didn’t enjoy it.

I'm sure that played a role in his performance. Gary seem to enjoy mma. That makes a big difference on how you perform.

I remember avid prior to Marcelo’s debut, he was training hard for his Mma debut. To be fair the guy he went against wasn’t a noob... and I think he would’ve beaten him eventually.but you have to be fair too, and analyze the position we are making an analogy of it. Marcelo just as demian and most people have problems sinking the locking hand, this doesn’t happen in grappling due to gloves, Marcelo is grappling wise the best choker ever, but Mma is a whole different game, simple because of the gloves. Marcelo ran with the same problems most grapplers run, jhon has created a system of hand fighting/armtrapping that Deals with this problem, not only for mma but also for no gi. The rnc defense has also skyrocket in no gi.

If you took the time to watch it, and see tonons fight you’ll see that it’s not just a coincide, hell it hasn’t been for a while.

Arm trapping isn’t a new thing, the path they follow to the arm trap, it certainly is.

Last edited:
Back