Joe Rogan new special on netflix

His screaming delivery is a little awkward since it's not how he speaks anywhere else, even when he's excited it's not quite the same. He sounded like he was doing a Sam Kinison impression at times. I think he'd be better off toning it down and saving the high energy for high spots that call for it. It's like 2 hours of yelling, it's unnatural and doesn't improve the delivery from my perspective. I respect his love for the craft though, he's probably really purposeful in his decisions.

I liked it along with his last one even though at one point I didn't think he was very funny at all.

His screaming delivery is a little awkward since it's not how he speaks anywhere else, even when he's excited it's not quite the same. He sounded like he was doing a Sam Kinison impression at times. I think he'd be better off toning it down and saving the high energy for high spots that call for it. It's like 2 hours of yelling, it's unnatural and doesn't improve the delivery from my perspective. I respect his love for the craft though, he's probably really purposeful in his decisions.

He’s repeatedly praised Kinnison as one of his comic heroes. Yelling his jokes makes sense. It’s the worse form of delivery imo. I never liked Kinison either.

Agreed. Joe has good material and great premises. He should just tone it down. I think he likes to yell because his fans get louder when he does. I feel like people are cheering at his shows more than they are laughing. Joe probably either confused cheering with laughing or would rather just entertain his fans. Not sure.

I don't know why Joe mimics Sam Kinnisons delivery. Its turrible. If he just spoke I think he'd be better received

I hate to admit how funny some of it was

Triggered was freaking brilliant. Rogan is on fire. This has been his decade-- across multiple platforms of media. When you're soaring, you're soaring.

I notice it has become really popular again to hate Joe on Sherdog. It goes in waves. He reached peak it's-cool-to-like-him popularity a few years ago. Now it's impossible not to notice how quickly the anti-Rogan opinions have risen up because he has gotten so big, and while familiarity breeds contempt, it's impossible not to notice how suddenly it became fashionable to sling arrows at Joe by many because he had the audacity to listen to people like Jordan Peterson. It's crazy how volatile the pendulum is around him, but I think that's just one more fact that speaks to his power.

I don't always agree with Joe, but I'm a lifetime fan, and he's a personal hero. Gonna watch this special tonight.

Did you watch Kreischer's new one?

Back