Joe Rogan new special on netflix

For having the most popular podcast and being a very successful stand up comedian you guys act like he fucked all your mothers and never called back

I like Joe but the day he do a special without some regurgitated old vegan joke like he does in every special is the day I might watch it.

I'm not vegan but that's the barometer- he's always picking low hanging fruit.

watched it last night, his standup is like his podcast ranting which I like so enjoyed this very much.

I watched half of the new special, i thought it was better than his other ones. I dont mind Rogans stand up until he starts making weird noises and impressions. At that point i start feeling embarrassed for him.

I started watching this one last night. It was better than i thought it would be. My only complaint so far is he randomly screams into the microphone.

Was decent and I didn't turn it off, I think I liked his Netflix one prior more though

Watched most of it but switching over to rocket league.

He's shouting a lot, which I don't really appreciate but his material is pretty good. Observational stuff, problem is he's talked about a lot of it on his show a lot so of you're a regular it doesn't have the same punch.

I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it.

Also what was up with that goofy fucking outfit he was wearing? He looked like he got dressed in the dark that morning.

The Thomas Jefferson bit is some shit I've been saying to my friends forever. Why the fuck are we limiting ourselves to some rules a group of slave owners came up with hundreds of years ago? LIke that's the best we can do.

I thought it was pretty good, but like @Phlog said, if you watch his podcast, you can actually see the formation of his entire set.

Still good, though.

hes is to stand up comedy what CM punk is to MMA

Last time I watched one of his specials it didn't last 10 minutes. I expected the same here but I actually thought it was ok. He was getting close to Burr territory a couple of times but it was better than most of the garbage on Netflix

He was doing a bit too much white knighting / pussy pandering in this special for my taste.

<{cruzshake}>

I like Joe but as a comic he's always been mediocre. He has decent bits but in between there's usually some seriously unfunny shit. I haven't watched his new special but I was pleasantly surprised by Triggered. I thought that was by far his best work to date. I hope his new one is decent.

I enjoyed his new stand up special! His last one was slightly better IMO.

And I never miss any of his podcasts.

Oh and screw the haters ITT.

Triggered was freaking brilliant. Rogan is on fire. This has been his decade-- across multiple platforms of media. When you're soaring, you're soaring.

I notice it has become really popular again to hate Joe on Sherdog. It goes in waves. He reached peak it's-cool-to-like-him popularity a few years ago. Now it's impossible not to notice how quickly the anti-Rogan opinions have risen up because he has gotten so big, and while familiarity breeds contempt, it's impossible not to notice how suddenly it became fashionable to sling arrows at Joe by many because he had the audacity to listen to people like Jordan Peterson. It's crazy how volatile the pendulum is around him, but I think that's just one more fact that speaks to his power.

I don't always agree with Joe, but I'm a lifetime fan, and he's a personal hero. Gonna watch this special tonight.

The Thomas Jefferson bit is some shit I've been saying to my friends forever. Why the fuck are we limiting ourselves to some rules a group of slave owners came up with hundreds of years ago? LIke that's the best we can do.

Really dude?

I watched this special with an open mind, and it is my opinion that his skill as a MMA commentator and a longform interviewer/host compare to his peers are superior to his standup compare to his peers. I think as a fan of his podcast I am used to him talking to one or two people rather than to a big crowd, so the comedy special feels less engaging because the setting is less intimate. The other thing is that a fair bit of stuff he talks about are also things he talked about in JRE, and you can piece together things if you keep up on his podcasts. There is also a problem with his delivery. When he tells a joke on podcasts, he does so in a way as a funny friend, but on the specials, he gets quite shouty and it just doesn't work for me. So in short, he is top dog in MMA commentary and podcasting, but not the best like Bill Burr.

Last edited:
I stopped listening to his podcast because I got tired of his pseudo-scientific shit talk about vegans.

Glad this trailer let me know not to watch this special.

Watched the whole thing, it was hilarious.

Literally the only shit talking of vegans he did was making fun of people who torture their cats into an early grave by going #vegancat

Triggered was freaking brilliant. Rogan is on fire. This has been his decade-- across multiple platforms of media. When you're soaring, you're soaring.

I notice it has become really popular again to hate Joe on Sherdog. It goes in waves. He reached peak it's-cool-to-like-him popularity a few years ago. Now it's impossible not to notice how quickly the anti-Rogan opinions have risen up because he has gotten so big, and while familiarity breeds contempt, it's impossible not to notice how suddenly it became fashionable to sling arrows at Joe by many because he had the audacity to listen to people like Jordan Peterson. It's crazy how volatile the pendulum is around him, but I think that's just one more fact that speaks to his power.

I don't always agree with Joe, but I'm a lifetime fan, and he's a personal hero. Gonna watch this special tonight.

Yea I liked triggered a lot this new one not nearly as much. It was ok but just not as well done. I think he came back to fast IMO and should have taken the time to write more quality jokes.

I've noticed the "it's cool to hate Rogan" on here as well.

Back