Joe Rogan makes 75k per UFC broadcast

Are you honestly analogizing Seinfeld as the star and co-creator of his one in a lifetime tv show to Rogan being a commentator for the UFC? Seinfeld would be equivalent to Dana or even the Fertitta's in that comparison.
Just trying to provide a point of reference. Not every analogy is meant to be an equation.

Joe doesn't put $5M worth of asses in the seats so he won't get that. But $75K per show seems a bit low, especially when you consider the travel. Still not a bad payday.

thought it would be more, knowing how much he makes from his podcasts and the fact that hes had his own popular TV shows. The UFC requires him to travel and has to be at the event all day

his net worth is over 50 million....
In addition to the travel, Joe also does a lot of promotional work for the UFC. Weigh ins, hype videos, fighter interviews. That's all gotta be above and beyond his PPV pay.

Just trying to provide a point of reference. Not every analogy is meant to be an equation.

Joe doesn't put $5M worth of asses in the seats so he won't get that. But $75K per show seems a bit low, especially when you consider the travel. Still not a bad payday.

Maybe low for Rogan, but in the non-celebrity real world, there are highly sought after jobs that pay a fraction of that and require constant travel. And are a hell of a lot less fun.

$75K for 12 hours worth of work plus travel that's probably paid for........not bad.

Maybe low for Rogan, but in the non-celebrity real world, there are highly sought after jobs that pay a fraction of that and require constant travel. And are a hell of a lot less fun.
Are you comparing a Starbucks barista to Joe Rogan!!

My company does it. I make the pc boards for welders they use in a different department. We sell them to that department even though we are the same company. I believe they right off the cost of the purchase in taxes as business expense.

I don't know your company, but the way it works with most is the amount gets "billed" to their cost center (department) and it gets deducted from that department's budget... its common.

At the end of the day no money is actually being paid, just shifted around. It's how to keep Becky in accounting for asking for new pens every day, or the latest, fastest laptop.

Now if I was getting paid 75k each time I showed up I would stick it out for as long as I could.

Considering that he makes 70 k per podcast and he puts out a few per week, the UFC pay is chump change on the side.

I don't know your company, but the way it works with most is the amount gets "billed" to their cost center (department) and it gets deducted from that department's budget... its common.

At the end of the day no money is actually being paid, just shifted around. It's how to keep Becky in accounting for asking for new pens every day, or the latest, fastest laptop.
This sounds right but I believe they get a tax write off as well.

But he doesnt have a Broadcaster Degree so its not legit, just like anything Mike Dolce says is invalid

/end sarcasm

At one point the estimate was Rogan made 100k per episode of his podcast episode on average. I doubt that it's that high, but he has a shit load of distributing means, lots of ads on the audio only version etc - and even half that amount is a shit ton. For a podcast.

If UFC goes... that podcast won't pay him jack squat.

Rogan needs to stay at least humble enough to keep his UFC gig.

Rogan knows how to hustle, I'll give him that.

And let's face it: a huge proportion of the Sherbros don't have half the experience in or knowledge of MMA that Joe does.

Why?
His major audience isn't MMA fans

Maybe you are right... I'm totally assuming his stand-up, fear factor and News Radio sit-com are pretty much negligible.

Maybe you have it right

Back