Joe Rogan:"an average Joe using steroids can never look like Yoel"

His point is Yoel has great genetics. Of course you can juice, lift and look massive, but you won't move like Yoel, and chances are proportions are off for the average guy.

I think they can. I'm sure they can. The problem is looking like Yoel and performing like him. That's whats unreal. Not his physique alone. Most guys that look like him probably couldn't pass USADA, let alone last 2 min grappling and fighting. As usual, Rogan talking out of his ass.

Complete nonsense

If you are juiced to the gills anyone can look like Yoel or better with the correct work ethic and diet.

Sounds like Joe might be saying if you use gear and sit on your ass all day you wouldn't be able to obtain that physique.

Exhibit A.
Josh Barnett.
Perpetual steroid abuser.
Certified Dadbod
20131219085830_josh_barnett.JPG

Even at his Pride peak he physique was never close to Yoels. There is certainly some truth to what Joe said. You can't ignore genetics.

Rogan is a moron.

Doesn't he actually believe Jones took tainted cocaine too?

just remember that USADA tests are $40,000+ each time.

Yup. They should just hire some of the Sherdog posters who can tell if someone's using just by looking at a picture of the guy, even paying $5K a picture they'd save $35 an athlete.

As a bonus the Sherdog experts are sure they're better than blood tests to boot.

Exhibit A.
Josh Barnett.
Certified Dadbod

Even at his Pride peak he physique was never close to Yoels. There is certainly some truth to what Joe said. You can't ignore genetics.

Yup. Its almost as if you can't tell if someone is using by looking at them.

How true is this statement?

Yoel, I believe is natural and never directly used steroids in his life. If you heard the podcast of Yoel's life, you would agree too. Although he was charged for alleged steroid use but it was through a contaminated supplement. Also Cuba is a very poor country,so how can he get steroids and go through cycles of use? He's a genetic beast but how true is rogan's statement?

I think its incorrect to conclude that if a country is poor then a few people from that country cannot access a resource. If the cuban state wanted yoel to dope for the olympics then I'm sure they could have produced it themselves or gotten it from somewhere. Even if a country is poor, it is usually still wealthy in comparison to a single person (I think, there may be extreme cases where this is untrue)

You are higher than bones jones if you think he's natty.

An average joe with a work ethic can certainly look like yoel with steroids. Ive see 300 lb fat boys become fitness models without juice. If youre willing to log the hours you can obtain that body especially with roids. The juice itself wont do it for you. You dont need freak of nature genetics to build that body. Disciplined diet and an ass load of gym time is all. Rogan is talking out his ass as usual.

Go look at Lorenzo Fertitta.

I've seen tons of average guys take roids, casually weight lift and look ridiculous in such a short time span.
How do you know Lorenz only casually lifts? How do you know he doesn't work his ass off and have an excellent diets

Anyone who thinks yoel is natural is naive though.

Exhibit A.
Josh Barnett.
Certified Dadbod

See this is what people don't get, you also need to lift. You can pretty much guarantee he didn't lift. Steroids alone aren't going to magically change your physique. Barnetts physique doesn't prove or disprove anything.

that's a very vague statement by average Joe does he mean a couch potato that does a couple crunches a day? because if so he's right but an avid gym goer and somebody who watches their diet can attain a similar physique with steroids

Anyone who thinks clean 40 year old men look like that is a bit naive.

Relative to the average guy who doesn't visit the gym much, yeah , maybe.

Yoel looks awesome. Great conditioning. Big chest and esp massive legs. But Rogan said the average guy on roids can never look like Yoel. I personally have seen and know bigger guys than Yoel.

What is exactly considered average tho? A guy who gets off the coach and sticks a needle in him without working out? Or if you walk into a gym and you see a guy whose big.

Size wise many pople can be bigger than Yoel on sterouds. if they are willing to take everything and train probably most people could be bigger than him. But the average guy regardless of steroid use and training will never have his proportions and muscle bellies because that's purely genetics

Rogan himself looked pretty close to that in his younger days when he was sauced-to-the-gills. And Joe is an average Joe.

zXdyIB2.jpg
456237124-yoel-romero-poses-for-a-portrait-after-gettyimages.jpg

Other than Yoel being black and benefiting from his skin color to make him looked more cut, do they really look that different?

Yeah, it's possible to look pretty close to him with roids.

Looks in exact good shape as Yoel.

Joe proved himself wrong

Probably true. But also, no one looks like Yoel without steroids so

Back