Economy Joe Biden's America...

in a previous post you said (with a graph) that during biden’s presidency there have been no gains in the stock market adjusted for inflation which is totally untrue. You also used Jan 2022 as a start date for his presidency which is not true either

The inflation adjusted value of the S&P 500 in January 2022 was 5393.35. The value of the S&P 500 as of today is 5297.10. The collective value of companies that the S&P 500 tracks (the 500 largest companies in America) has gone done since 2021.

The fact that you made money is irrelevant, people make plenty of money when the stock market dips or by buying and selling at the right time (even when the value of the stock market is low). The stock market goes up and down all the time. Your claim is that the fact that the Dow Jones has reached a nominal value of 40000 is somehow amazing despite the fact that when you adjust for inflation it is lower.
Again , the s and p (including dividends) is up over 40 percent since Biden has been president which beats inflation. As previously pointed out , it beats inflation by about five percent annualized per year

While the stock market as of recent has been doing decent, it's largely driven by speculative AI investments. If those investments don't result in substantial growth we are going to see the tech bubbles burst.

Also, inflation adjusted, the major indices show we are at the same point or lower than we were in 2021. For example, the S&P 500 and Dow Jones inflation adjusted indices:
www.gurufocus.com/economic_indicators/5860/inflation-adjusted-sp
www.macrotrends.net/1319/dow-jones-100-year

You do realize that this current administration's policies are helping push the AI revolution, leading to those investments, don't you?

You do realize that this current administration's policies are helping push the AI revolution, leading to those investments, don't you?
This is completely true . Look at the chips and science act as well as the innovation and competition act . Look at intel’s recent huge investment as well as Microsoft’s here in Wisconsin

in a previous post you said (with a graph) that during biden’s presidency there have been no gains in the stock market adjusted for inflation which is totally untrue. You also used Jan 2022 as a start date for his presidency which is not true either
When did I say there were no gains during Biden's term? I said since 2021 (when the indices peaked) there have been no gains when adjusted for inflation.

I didn't bring up Biden until someone else did. My original post did not mention any president. Here, let me remind you:
While the stock market as of recent has been doing decent, it's largely driven by speculative AI investments. If those investments don't result in substantial growth we are going to see the tech bubbles burst.

Also, inflation adjusted, the major indices show we are at the same point or lower than we were in 2021. For example, the S&P 500 and Dow Jones inflation adjusted indices:
www.gurufocus.com/economic_indicators/5860/inflation-adjusted-sp
www.macrotrends.net/1319/dow-jones-100-year
The first time I brought a president into the discussion I clearly laid out the inflation adjusted numbers, including the increases during Biden's term (which happened to be much lower than Trump's first term):
The Dow actually went up significantly under Trump when adjusted for inflation. From 25,644 on January 2017 to 35,949 on January 2021. That's an increase of 40%. Under Biden, the Dow Jones went from 35,949 on January 2021 to 39,869 today (as per https://www.macrotrends.net/1319/dow-jones-100-year-historical-chart), an increase of 11%.

So under Trump, we had 4x the real stock market growth we've had under Biden in almost the same time frame. And the only real growth seen throughout Biden's term was during the first year where most of his economic policies weren't even propagating through the economy yet. Other than that it's just been downhill and getting back to the peak in 2021.

Is there anything else you would like me to school you in?
So the only time I brought up Biden, I literally showed that he had an increase during his term. The exact opposite of what you are ascribing I said.

Last edited:
We just gonna ignore that it's likely he was inappropriate with his daughter?
Yeah let’s all buy into every rumor we hear from the tabloids.

Also, let’s also feign ignorance when someone openly admits they’re attracted to their own daughter like Trump has done many times.

Probably going to take decades to fix what 81* million people did to this country, not to mention the world.

Never let them forget. That is if you can even find them anymore. Most that voted for Biden won't admit to it.

Your 401k isn't higher than it was in 2021 if you follow the major indices. It is lower now. It only appears higher because of inflation. Sorry that you are too dumb to realize that and prefer to get your information from news headlines.

In fact, if you look back at my inflation adjusted indices graphs, you would see the first time we've experienced real stock market growth in America since 2000s was from 2017 to 2021. 2016 the values of the indices adjusted for inflation was the same as in 2000, the only real lasting growth happened between 2016 and 2021. Then from there stock market growth has remained lower than the 2021 values and only recently is starting to get back to where it was in 2021.
Actually , even adjusted for inflation, most 401 Ks are substantially higher than they were in 2021

When did I say there were no gains during Biden's term? I said since 2021 (when the indices peaked) there have been no gains when adjusted for inflation.

I didn't bring up Biden until someone else did. My original post did not mention any president. Here, let me remind you:

The first time I brought a president into the discussion I clearly laid out the inflation adjusted numbers, including the increases during Biden's term (which happened to be much lower than Trump's first term):

So the only time I brought up Biden, I literally showed that he had an increase during his term. The exact opposite of what you are ascribing I said.
You arbitrarily said that from Jan 2022 to now there were no gains as a way of pointing out that the stock market had done poorly under Biden , when, indeed it had not if you start measuring it from Jan 2021 to now. It’s just very funny that you totally elided the year 2021

Just think for a second about what Walmart doing better than expected means.

They are a nationwide outlet that provides goods and services to the average Joe American.

Walmart's success correlates directly with American's participation in the economy. If they're doing well it means Americans are spending more at their stores. And their stores are everywhere, so that means Americans everywhere are spending more.
We’ve never had a problem spending
It’s the savings part that we’re having trouble with

Savings doesn't help the economy, its hurts the economy.

Money in savings is money not in circulation. A healthy economy incentivizes spending, not saving.
I understand that
It would also be nice to have a have bucks socked away for those rainy days too

Well if there is no problem with prices and the cost of living then creepy Joe and the democrats should have no problem winning the election.

I understand that
It would also be nice to have a have bucks socked away for those rainy days too

I get that, having cash in the bank is nice. I keep a some thousands ready to go for a big purchases and emergencies so I don't have to jump through hoops to get it. My overhead is also a lot lower than most Americans.

But, I think for most savings isn't necessary and it's not a bad thing that a lot of Americans don't keep them even though it's often portrayed as one in media. It's a lifestyle choice.

Most Americans would prefer to use credit and investment rather than savings, especially the higher up the economic ladder you go.

Why spend my money when I can borrow someone else's?

Why let my money sit there doing nothing when I can make money with it passively? (and eventually pay off any accrued debt and still profit)

Back