Crime Multiple people wounded in Iowa school shooting

Aren't straight, white men the biggest demographic for mass shooters, by far? And men in general the vast majority of gun violence, period?

I suppose that's the demographic that ought to be barred from gun ownership, right? Seems like it would pretty well eliminate the problem. Women can still own and carry guns for hunting and protection.

For what it's worth, only like a quarter of mass shootings are even carried out by people who have been formally diagnosed with mental illness. So involuntary commitment or red flag laws based around that would only take care of a quarter of the problem at best.
I don’t care about this race shit honestly (I have too much of too many things going on in my own family and genres to be overly bias to one group so I just call it like I see it).

But not long ago I was looking at a mass shooter breakdown by race and it looked to me like every minority group was over represented. For example Asians who normally are lower statistically in crime even compared to whites accounted a bit above their overall representation. Now not appears trans are very overrepresented here (it only takes a couple to do that). Media definitely spins it a certain way.

IMG-3024.jpg

I wasn’t talking about gun violence.
I was talking about mental insanity.

also white men are definitely not the biggest demographic of shootings, my man.
You were talking about mental insanity in reference to the argument about gun violence. If you're going to generalize a demographic, generalize the right one.

And white men are definitely the biggest demographic for mass shootings, as stated (thanks @AfroBanana for including a graph). And, as stated, men are by far the biggest demographic for mass shootings overall. So if we're going to single out those most likely to commit gun violence and remove their access to firearms, then seems to me keeping guns out of the hands of men would eliminate 95%~ of the problem, no?

Well, the solution certainly isn’t disarm all people.
Obviously the solution is to add more guns. Moar! 300 million isn't enough. We need 600 million. Once everybody is carrying at least 2 guns on their person at all times, then surely gun violence will be solved.

But not long ago I was looking at a mass shooter breakdown by race and it looked to me like every minority group was over represented.
That may certainly be true, but mass shootings isn't really a subject where "per capita" is a useful statistic. Even if you removed all minorities from the equation, you still haven't solved the problem, since the majority of mass shootings are committed by Caucasians.

Last edited:
That may certainly be true, but mass shootings isn't really a subject where "per capita" is a useful statistic. Even if you removed all minorities from the equation, you still haven't solved the problem, since 79% of mass shootings are committed by Caucasians.
If you concluded 78% off the chart I sent your math is wrong.

79/148 were white.

That’s like 53% turning a majority to a minority. Hence why I said literally every other group on the list is overrepresented (even Asians who are usually lower in most these metrics).

Either way saying it’s almost always straight white males by far is extremely off base.

If you concluded 78% off the chart I sent your math is wrong.

79/148 were white.

That’s like 53% turning a majority to a minority. Hence why I said literally every other group on the list is overrepresented (even Asians who are usually lower in most these metrics).
Ah, my mistake, I assumed that was percentage. Still, the majority is Caucasian, so my point stands.

I don’t care about this race shit honestly (I have too much of too many things going on in my own family and genres to be overly bias to one group so I just call it like I see it).

But not long ago I was looking at a mass shooter breakdown by race and it looked to me like every minority group was over represented. For example Asians who normally are lower statistically in crime even compared to whites accounted a bit above their overall representation. Now not appears trans are very overrepresented here (it only takes a couple to do that). Media definitely spins it a certain way.

IMG-3024.jpg
You're making the mistake of using Mother Jones.

Ah, my mistake, I assumed that was percentage. Still, the majority is Caucasian, so my point stands.
Yes if it’s “overall” and doesn’t consider “per capita” then yes they do the most. But if you base it off representation every minority group commits more per capita even Asians who normally represent the lowest numbers in crimes per capita.

You're making the mistake of using Mother Jones.
I used this

Which matches the FBI statistics I seen.

Who used mother jones?

That's literally Mother Jones. Click on Show sources information.

That definition was changed by Congress after Sandy Hook.

That definition was changed by Congress after Sandy Hook.
I mean it’s pretty easy to see for yourself.

2023 alone was quite a diverse year for mass shootings.

Reminds me of the narrative “only white people die of opioids”. My mother in law (black), cousin (black), wife’s half sister (black), 2nd cousin (black). All died of opioids / fentanyl while one remains in a perma coma. I only knew 1 white person killed by it. Blacks also have a opioid crisis. Also been like 4 people shot and killed in our families all black by blacks. I don’t know any white people that killed each other (one member was half white though).

Why do we not properly focus on these things overall and act like it’s only a “white issue”. Sure only white people are mass shooters and do opioids……..

I mean it’s pretty easy to see for yourself.

2023 alone was quite a diverse year for mass shootings.

Reminds me of the narrative “only white people die of opioids”. My mother in law (black), cousin (black), wife’s half sister (black), 2nd cousin (black). All died of opioids / fentanyl while one remains in a perma coma. I only knew 1 white person killed by it. Blacks also have a opioid crisis. Also been like 4 people shot and killed in our families all black by blacks. I don’t know any white people that killed each other (one member was half white though).

Why do we not properly focus on these things overall and act like it’s only a “white issue”. Sure only white people are mass shooters and do opioids……..
GVA and MST were already used earlier in this thread.

You were talking about mental insanity in reference to the argument about gun violence. If you're going to generalize a demographic, generalize the right one.

And white men are definitely the biggest demographic for mass shootings, as stated (thanks @AfroBanana for including a graph). And, as stated, men are by far the biggest demographic for mass shootings overall. So if we're going to single out those most likely to commit gun violence and remove their access to firearms, then seems to me keeping guns out of the hands of men would eliminate 95%~ of the problem, no?

Obviously the solution is to add more guns. Moar! 300 million isn't enough. We need 600 million. Once everybody is carrying at least 2 guns on their person at all times, then surely gun violence will be solved.
What qualifies as a mass shooting in that chart?

Okay 4 or more people dead.

172 instances in 53 years.

3.25 a year.

Minimum of 688 dead in 53 years.

This is less than Chicago experiences in a year.

Statistics can be twisted to fit any narrative.

The vast majority of those incidents were A. Caused by a handgun and B. At a workplace.

Again, what laws do you pass here to avoid this?

Whites are proportionally represented by population

97% were males.

Ban males.

That may certainly be true, but mass shootings isn't really a subject where "per capita" is a useful statistic. Even if you removed all minorities from the equation, you still haven't solved the problem, since the majority of mass shootings are committed by Caucasians.

Don't forget handedness... the vast majority of shooters are right handed. Hair color is also important, almost no red-heads commit shootings.

Joking aside.. I would support raising the age to own/possess a gun or ammo to 25--there's a massive amount of evidence that males don't chill out and become real men until after age 25.

Don't forget handedness... the vast majority of shooters are right handed. Hair color is also important, almost no red-heads commit shootings.

Joking aside.. I would support raising the age to own/possess a gun or ammo to 25--there's a massive amount of evidence that males don't chill out and become real men until after age 25.
Only for right handed dudes. :cool:

Back