Economy Joe Biden's America...

How are americans doing outside of the economy? Addiction rates, obesity, cancers, general mental and physical health, spiritually etc.?

Obviously you cant blame that on Biden but I think the health of a country isnt just economic factors.

As far as we can track violent Crime is down nationally:

More people will graduate from college than in any other presidency:

We were rising up the world happiness index for 3 consecutive years and fell off in a big way in '24:

He will preside over a record low dirvorce rate:

The number of marriages is trending upward year over year since the pandemic.

Median age is creeping up as the boomers get old:

Unemployment hasn't cracked 4% in like 2 years

Percentage with health insurance rose throughout his administration

Unfortunately for the administration none of that matters all that much. In part because they've done a piss poor job of communicating any of this.

In part because of that happiness index. If you have a job and health insurance but it doesn't make you happy what are we even doing?

But mostly because all of the items at the top of the human hierarchy of needs have outpaced the rest of the economy in inflation. I'd argue that he has outperformed any reasonable expectation in mitigating those factors, but whether or not it's his fault is irrelevant. Come November he will answer for it anyway because the buck stops with him.

Biden took credit when it went slightly down.
It must be annoying for him seeing hacks irrationally blame him when it goes up and then forget about it when it goes down. I think the inconsistency there really shows that no one actually believes that presidents control gas prices. It's just something people say when they don't have a real argument.

It must be annoying for him seeing hacks irrationally blame him when it goes up and then forget about it when it goes down. I think the inconsistency there really shows that no one actually believes that presidents control gas prices. It's just something people say when they don't have a real argument.
LOL, I'm sure that was it. Remember when Schumer blamed Trump when gas prices went slightly up during his term?

Do any of you have anything to say about:

Or do you guys just show up in threads and circle-jerk each other to misleading information?
My deepest apologies for not noticing your very much needed insight in the thread that wasn't a response to me or the OP.

That being addressed, Presidents don't have a switch that they can flick on the stock market to cause monumental shift and also comparing a pre-pandemic economy to a post pandemic economy is pretty retarded.

LOL, I'm sure that was it. Remember when Schumer blamed Trump when gas prices went slightly up during his term?
No. What kind of a lunatic would remember something like that?

Anyway, regardless of who says what or what some other person said some other time, it is true that A) presidents obviously don't affect gas prices and B) no one sincerely thinks they do (or they would continue to think it when it is inconvenient for their party).

Gas prices are trigger for plebs.
OPEC had reduced production quotas, everyone who isn't an idiot might easily to Google this up without assistance.
Also Trump administration had to benefit from batches with drilling and fracking permits signed during Obama tenure period.
Make America Great Again, change constitution in order to elect Mr Obama as POTUS again. Trump and Biden should retire today.

My deepest apologies for not noticing your very much needed insight in the thread that wasn't a response to me or the OP.

That being addressed, Presidents don't have a switch that they can flick on the stock market to cause monumental shift and also comparing a pre-pandemic economy to a post pandemic economy is pretty retarded.
Trump's presidency ended at the height of the pandemic and the majority of the lockdowns (which would have had the most impact on the economy) ended by the time he was out of office. The bulk of the COVID-19 vaccines started being administered in February 2021 and onward, which was a key tool used by lawmakers and businesses to opening various parts of the economy at full scale again. The economic conditions caused by the pandemic were worse by the end of Trump's term (lockdowns and no vaccines) than afterwards.

And I only quoted you because you seemed so sure about your data that you felt the need to reply to this post:
If only conservatives could read and comprehend..
With:
Its not their fault that red states propagate a culture of teen pregnancy, higher crime rate and lack of literacy. It keeps them dumb and broke so they keep voting the same sequence of republican politicians.....
Despite the fact that the original poster failed to read and comprehend the fact that stock market indices are not inflation adjusted and real stock market growth was much lower under Biden than Trump. Perhaps instead of spending time deriding red states, you should have done a little research (or just read the post I posted 20 minutes before) and you would have had a better understanding of the subject matter.

The inflation adjusted value of the S&P 500 in January 2022 was 5393.35. The value of the S&P 500 as of today is 5297.10. The collective value of companies that the S&P 500 tracks (the 500 largest companies in America) has gone done since 2021.

The fact that you made money is irrelevant, people make plenty of money when the stock market dips or by buying and selling at the right time (even when the value of the stock market is low). The stock market goes up and down all the time. Your claim is that the fact that the Dow Jones has reached a nominal value of 40000 is somehow amazing despite the fact that when you adjust for inflation it is lower.
Biden became president in janurary of 2021 , not January of 2022. You do realize that if you start from January of 2021 (when he became potus) you get a much better return which ends up being over 10 percent a year which pretty easily beats inflation? Funny how you left the year 2021 out of your equation….

Funny how you not adding in 2021 changes the rate of return of the s and p 500

‘If you invested $100 in the S&P 500 at the beginning of 2021, you would have about $140.15 at the end of 2024, assuming you reinvested all dividends. This is a return on investment of 40.15%, or 10.66% per year.

This lump-sum investment beats inflation during this period for an inflation-adjusted return of about 21.12%cumulatively, or 5.92% per year.‘

The inflation adjusted value of the S&P 500 in January 2022 was 5393.35. The value of the S&P 500 as of today is 5297.10. The collective value of companies that the S&P 500 tracks (the 500 largest companies in America) has gone done since 2021.

The fact that you made money is irrelevant, people make plenty of money when the stock market dips or by buying and selling at the right time (even when the value of the stock market is low). The stock market goes up and down all the time. Your claim is that the fact that the Dow Jones has reached a nominal value of 40000 is somehow amazing despite the fact that when you adjust for inflation it is lower.

The collective value of the s and p 500 has not gone down since 2021. It’s up over 40 percent

People living paycheck to paycheck aren't investing in the S&P 500.

They probably don't even know what it is.

A lot of people don't even know what a computer is.

People living paycheck to paycheck aren't investing in the S&P 500.

They probably don't even know what it is.

A lot of people don't even know what a computer is.
Most people are either directly or indirectly invested in the market

Alright go to any apartment complex and start asking them about their S&P 500 ETFs and let me know how that goes.
that’s true , however that doesn’t take away from the fact that most Americans are invested in it directly or indirectly (mainly with retirement accounts and pensions)

Do any of you have anything to say about:

Or do you guys just show up in threads and circle-jerk each other to misleading information?
As a guy “totally from America” I bet you really are curious about your fellow countrymen’s opinions.

Biden became president in janurary of 2021 , not January of 2022. You do realize that if you start from January of 2021 (when he became potus) you get a much better return which ends up being over 10 percent a year which pretty easily beats inflation? Funny how you left the year 2021 out of your equation….

The Dow actually went up significantly under Trump when adjusted for inflation. From 25,644 on January 2017 to 35,949 on January 2021. That's an increase of 40%. Under Biden, the Dow Jones went from 35,949 on January 2021 to 39,869 today (as per https://www.macrotrends.net/1319/dow-jones-100-year-historical-chart), an increase of 11%.

So under Trump, we had 4x the real stock market growth we've had under Biden in almost the same time frame. And the only real growth seen throughout Biden's term was during the first year where most of his economic policies weren't even propagating through the economy yet. Other than that it's just been downhill and getting back to the peak in 2021.

Is there anything else you would like me to school you in?

We just gonna ignore that it's likely he was inappropriate with his daughter?

DOW would be just as fine under either President btw.

Back