JJ has the best resume of anyone in MMA

Gee, I can't pick!

Ok let's do this, which one of these fighters has beaten every single fighter they have ever faced and are not criminal scumbag hit and run cheater assholes?

Whichever of the list fits that description gets my vote as greater fighter in MMA history.
Whats that got to do with fighting?

Whats that got to do with fighting?

Beating every opponent they have ever faced? A lot.

Being a cheater and getting caught using drugs? That pretty much erases you from the list of possibilities because if he cheated once then there's the possibility of him cheating every single time and not getting caught before.

Being a criminal asshole has nothing to do with fighting but it does eventually impact legacy, much like Ali is the greatest in the minds of many not just for what he did inside the ring but out. But I will agree with you here, that part could be scratched off.

As far as record, GSP has the best one.

- He has the most top 10 wins
- Most top 5 wins.
- Most #1 contender wins.
- Most championship defenses.
- Most number of top 10 P4P wins.
- Most rounds won consecutively.
- Competition with best cumulative record by far out of any MMA champion (Shields was on a 15 fight win streak, Diaz 11...)
- Beat LW champ (Penn) and former SF MW champ (Shields).
- No unavenged losses.
- Never popped for anything.

Agreed, it's non-negotiable @ this point when you see how long other fighters manage to hold onto their gold lol

Meeting him and getting his autograph and having him flirt with me aside, he'll always be MY fav *heart eyes emoji*

Jon Jones is gay? Forget it he was just flirting with you

you know he got busted for peds right. he was also almost certainly juicing for the cormier fight.
did ts forget peds enhance performance.
jones is a cheat and his resume is crap. he probably juiced for his entire career.

I don't think you can argue this point no matter how you have him on the goat list. He is number 4 for me.
The resume is nice...but what about the part where they ask if you've ever been convicted of a crime? Would also fail the drug test.

Beating every opponent they have ever faced? A lot.

Being a cheater and getting caught using drugs? That pretty much erases you from the list of possibilities because if he cheated once then there's the possibility of him cheating every single time and not getting caught before.

Being a criminal asshole has nothing to do with fighting but it does eventually impact legacy, much like Ali is the greatest in the minds of many not just for what he did inside the ring but out. But I will agree with you here, that part could be scratched off.
I understand your point. I just dont buy the piss hot once, and your career is garbage view.

GSP has the best overall wins IMO.

Andy did it in the most style.

Jones did it in the shortest time.

Fedor did it for the longest time.

If Jon Jones gets his shit together he should be GOAT for sure.

Resume.. it is GSP for me all day long... but if I were to speak regarding the most talented fighter I have ever seen, that goes to Anderson Silva... Jones is a close second, and if he can get his shit straight, perhaps he will put a stamp on his career...

But if we are talking resume, you need to take the good with the bad.. Anderson and Jones have been flagged for PED's... that has to be taken into consideration... the WW division that GSP fought in was considered exceptional (as was LHW)... GSP has never been flagged for a performance enhancer, and he fought more top 5 guys in their prime, than anyone...

They all took steroids and they all beat other great fighters on steroids.
That maybe true in some instances but its not fair to the one or two that were clean. If its pride ya go ham but if you popped in UFC its kinda against the rules.

Shut up lmao you can't accurately accuse cleared people of still being cheaters .....

And then "escaped drug cheat" ?

I don't even like Aldo, but come on dude lol that's grasping @ straws as hell

And out of them all, Georges was the one I believe was TRULY using during his reign..
I dunno if you are trolling or not, ill give you the like if you are.

Jose Aldo but no Fedor? Huh?

Aldo is clearly #5. The other four are all arguable overall GOAT candidates, Aldo is not.

So top 4 goes in any order, Aldo is 5, and 6 and beyond is all up to debate.

Jones has only 6 legit defenses (Chael & Vitor were MWs with zero LHW fights for half a fucking decade) and fights in one of the shallowest talent pools in the sport.

Aldo has 9 and fights in one of the deepest talent pools in the sport.

You can be a premature ejaculator if you want, but I'll wait to place Jones above Aldo once he passes Aldo.

Jones has only 6 legit defenses (Chael & Vitor were MWs with zero LHW fights for half a fucking decade) and fights in one of the shallowest talent pools in the sport.

Aldo has 9 and fights in one of the deepest talent pools in the sport.

You can be a premature ejaculator if you want, but I'll wait to place Jones above Aldo once he passes Aldo.
TRTitor was a more legit threat than Manny Gamburyan and Mark Hominick.

I'm actually a big Aldo fan, and I don't like Jones, but you can argue Jones is overall GOAT. You can't really for Aldo.

When people list GOATs, those four (Fedor, Jones, Anderson, GSP) typically are argued for. I've never seen anyone say Aldo is the overall GOAT. Someone must believe it, but it would be uncommon.

TRTitor was a more legit threat than Manny Gamburyan and Mark Hominick.

Vitor had ZERO relevant wins at 205 for EIGHT YEARS.
Vitor had ZERO fights at 205 for FIVE YEARS.

Hadn't had to deal with opponents 20 lbs heavier than he was accustomed to ...
Hadn't defended against the attacks of 205ers ...
Hadn't been forced to find ways to attack 205ers ...

... FOR HALF A FUCKING DECADE.

That's FOOOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR in this sport.

And they throw him in there against the champion?

giphy.gif

Vitor was an absolute JOKE of a challenger for the 205 belt in 2012.

Chael was even worse.

Vitor had ZERO relevant wins at 205 for EIGHT YEARS.
Vitor had ZERO fights at 205 for FIVE YEARS.

Hadn't had to deal with opponents 20 lbs heavier than he was accustomed to ...
Hadn't defended against the attacks of 205ers ...
Hadn't been forced to find ways to attack 205ers ...

... FOR HALF A FUCKING DECADE.

That's FOOOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR in this sport.

And they throw him in there against the champion?

giphy.gif

Vitor was an absolute JOKE of a challenger for the 205 belt in 2012.

Chael was even worse.
If you don't think TRTitor was a legit threat, especially as compared to Manny Gamburyan, then I'm sorry - I just can't take your perspective seriously.

If you don't think TRTitor was a legit threat, especially as compared to Manny Gamburyan, then I'm sorry - I just can't take your perspective seriously.

If you don't understand the MASSIVE jump to fighting, on less than a full camp, an undefeated multidefense LHW champion from fighting mid-level 185ers who were on 2-loss streaks or debuting in the division and drained half to death by horrendous failed weight cuts I feel pretty comfortable that I won't be too bothered by how seriously you take anything.

Back