Jimmie Rivera vs. John Lineker in the Works For UFC 219 (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Wouldn't be shocked if Lineker wins. Rivera rarely uses his wrestling/Lineker is hard to beat without wrestling threat. And Jimmy gets hurt in many of his fights.

Would've rather had Moraes-Rivera instead.

Rivera better use his wrestling. His defense isn't tight enough to outpoint Lineker on the feet. He had some dangerous moments against Munhoz and Almeida when he was exchanging with them.

I got Rivera

Lineker seemed very unsure of himself in his last fight and even dropped a round to a guy be would've walked over before the TJ fight.
I think the broken jaw is effecting him mentally

Did he?
To me it looked like Vera's a tough son of a bitch who made the best of it
He was still winging to the body as usual and then coming up high, the difference was more Vera's movement and grit than it was a regressed Linekar

Rivera should win but Lineker only needs to catch him once.

I hope so but if it goes to the ground Sterling is going to dominate.

And it's likely that it goes there. I don't people realize how impressive it is to take down and dominate Barao on the ground. Even on the decline, Barao's TDD was perfect. Even while Zombie'd Dillashaw couldn't take him down or control him.

I feel like Rivera takes this one. Great fight though

Lineker might be the first fighter to duck a TS if he beats Rivera.

TJ annihilated him in their last fight. It was painful to watch.

Last edited:
Probably another point fighting decision for Rivera, he is so unwatchable. Don't know how he has any following, he is sleep-aid.

John Lineker is very fun to watch, I love his style, totally different matchup then the Cruz one. I fear Lineker will lose to a point fighting decision, but I hope Lineker wins and I will pick him.

I want to see Lineker vs Cody at some point,. JUST BLEED fight!!!!

Back