Jimmie Rivera vs. John Lineker in the Works For UFC 219 (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Good fight, I take Rivera though.

Rivera is gonna win and should definitely get a title shot when he does.

NO. I want cody vs lineker

Doubt Rivera is dumb enough to stand with Lineker.

3 round wrestling clinic incoming.

At 129 lbs Lineker by KO, at bantamweight I pick Rivera by decision

Rivera by boring decision.

Hope Lineker KO's his smug ass tho.

Ahh I was actually hoping for Lineker against Cody and Assuncao getting this match up. Oh well, should be a fun fight regardless.

For those saying they wanted Cody vs. Lineker, I think Cody vs. Marlon Moraes after Moraes beats the shit out of Sterling is also a great fight.

Great replacement, Rivera needs to fight smart here coz Lineker can hit homers. Rivera, UD.

This is about the best possible replacement option they could have brought forward. I'm all in. Rivera should stay away from the power death shots and take a decision.

I’m cheering for Rivera. Lineker is well-rounded enough, but is predictable (his plan is unchanging - walk forward, hit the body to get to the head), and unreliable (in terms of making weight for a big fight). Rivera is well-rounded, smart, and has a bright future. How he deals with a powerful striker in Lineker will be telling in terms of whether he is a true contender.

I got Rivera

Lineker seemed very unsure of himself in his last fight and even dropped a round to a guy be would've walked over before the TJ fight.
I think the broken jaw is effecting him mentally

Back