Jens Pulver versus Conor McGregor

Hey guys this is a thought experiment that I'd like to do from time to time as you know Jen's was the original 155 champion and when his mental health was good was one hell of a fighter that you could not walk over and no matter how good you are. What I mean by this is made the fight competitive when he was in good at mental state of mind. No matter who it was against.

Do you think this matchup could have been competitive?

<mma3>

Jens would have had a punchers chance, his left hand was fucking lethal. I just do not see him having the chin to wade in and KO Conor, could happen though.

I love these Conor vs way less fighter than him, because it blatantly exposes the Sherbros that are drunk on haterade.
Remember how people used to think Faber, Bermudez and Nik Lentz would beat him? Well, I don't think they have learned.

I hate on Jon Jones but never denied his talent as a fighter. I think MM is a duck but he beats everyone currently at FW.

I love these Conor vs way less fighter than him, because it blatantly exposes the Sherbros that are drunk on haterade.
Remember how people used to think Faber, Bermudez and Nik Lentz would beat him? Well, I don't think they have learned.

I hate on Jon Jones but never denied his talent as a fighter. I think MM is a duck but he beats everyone currently at FW.
wrestling

yes but he has one big thing... he is a All American Wrestling Champion.
True. However he always chose to strike even when down in the cards. Guy was kinda like Justin Gaethje (not as good obviously) BUT has an amazing wrestling base but chooses to duke it out even when he is rocked and can out wrestle his opponent still chooses not to.

which makes ya think If you look back at Mendes vs McGregor just imagine if only Mendes didn't make such a foolish decision to jump to try a guillotine while having top advantage and beating Conor on the ground. If the fight would have been a dif outcome

Thats why when UFC decides to make the next big "money/dream match" GSP vs Conor. Conor stands no chance against GSP grappling. If GSP beats Bisping he wont be defending that belt against those MW killers. Conor if he defeats Nate in part 3 look for this fight to happen.

Conor is like 2-3 divisions above Jens and is worlds above his striking capabilities. Conor all day long. To the wasteland.

Back