Jens Pulver versus Conor McGregor

savemgs

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Hey guys this is a thought experiment that I'd like to do from time to time as you know Jen's was the original 155 champion and when his mental health was good was one hell of a fighter that you could not walk over and no matter how good you are. What I mean by this is made the fight competitive when he was in good at mental state of mind. No matter who it was against.

Do you think this matchup could have been competitive?

I love Pulver and don't really like Conor, but Conor wins and it would not have been competitive.

Creepy Joe KO'd him in one round, Conor takes his head off. Jen's was a tough customer in his prime but his stand up was never really elite, Conor roughs him up something fierce.

Last edited:
I seriously don't think people cared about Jens Pulver when he was champ and care less now that he's bat sh!t crazy

Pulver trying to go blow for blow with Conor,which is what he woulda have done wouldve got him slept faster than it did against Gomi.

Lol--- prime pulver gets slept early. Too aggressive for a power counter puncher like Conor.

Pulver is a natural atomweight, and I think Conor would knock him out cold in a minute. Pulver was man in his day, but Conor would be too much.

No way he'd get KO'd quick. Good hands but no chin.

This thread reminds me "What if Nate Diaz vs Conor thread" (before the fight actually happen).

So many sherdogers 100% sure that Conor win and probably never seen a Pulver fight.

<6>

Pulver hit harder than Conor. But Conor's stand-up game is way too evolved.

Creepy Joe KO'd him in one round, Conor takes his head off. Jen's was a tough customer in his prime but his stand up was never really elite, Conor roughs him up something fierce.
I know this doesn't mean anything but Jen's is undefeated as a professional boxer lol

Pulver hit harder than Conor. But Conor's stand-up game is way too evolved.
But it's not like Conor it's a multiples time State wrestling champion and Jen's is exactly just that.

jens' prime was 2001... how old was conor then, jen's def woulda beat him... now no way. ludwig ruined pulvers chin- very sad

If only we had a time machine.

I would love to watch Jens try, he would have brought it that's all I can be sure about.

Hey guys this is a thought experiment that I'd like to do from time to time as you know Jen's was the original 155 champion and when his mental health was good was one hell of a fighter that you could not walk over and no matter how good you are. What I mean by this is made the fight competitive when he was in good at mental state of mind. No matter who it was against.

Do you think this matchup could have been competitive?
Since I make many fantasy match ups and it brings all the Shertrolls to the yard and they like...well, dont contribute anything with an open mind.

I will say that no it wouldnt be competitive. Not at all. Striking has evolved so much since Pulver was somebody

Since I make many fantasy match ups and it brings all the Shertrolls to the yard and they like...well, dont contribute anything with an open mind.

I will say that no it wouldnt be competitive. Not at all. Striking has evolved so much since Pulver was somebody
yes but he has one big thing... he is a All American Wrestling Champion.

Back