Jeff Glover's Donkey Guard

BJJLDave

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Had a lot of fun with this series with Jeff Glover. Here's a clip of Jeff teaching a very unorthodox way to try to take your opponent's back with the Donkey Guard.

Dudes been smoking too much heefer.

Old, but so incredibly, incredibly appropriate.

3836538-0289893086-38221.gif

Seminar needs a self defense entry: Defending the Donkey Punch.

Man that looks like a lot of steps and work to take the back. I will never be this skilled so I'll leave the donkey guard to more coordinated people.

is that why he turned his back to Caio?
That is just plain silly.

I know a guy who sets up this position for toe holds a lot.

Next time I have a wheel barrow race with my buddies I'll be able to kick my partner's ass.

It actually works pretty well. Keep in mind that you don't just chill there. It's pretty much no different than the Imanari rolling heel hook entries. This is basically just a quick way to do a flying scissors takedown into a heel hook or rolling under for the back.

This is actually a great self defense guard, street proven..... You know, for when your running away from your attacker and he is faster than you and catches up. :/

Here's the dude I was talking about. This video is from this past weekend. He doesn't hit the toe hold, but I've seen him hit it in comps. before.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone skillfully escape that upside-down closed guard/reverse mount position.

I can see this catching a lot of guys off guard.

Back