jeff glover, whats wrong with this guy....

BJJ_Rage

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
God I used to love this guy, but lately, he acts like a buffon, it was funny sometime ago, but it seems lately that grappling like a buffon is all he can do,

http://mmaimports.com/2017/03/world...akes-its-way-to-bjj-watch-this-amazing-fight/

here he is grappling some dude who seems to be like someone who just got caught into the whole berimbolo thing, jeff keeps grappling like he doesnt give a fuck, but nor he does anything but refusing to actually grapple.

why would he keep this attitude going specially since its quite obious it doesnt give him good results while competing, he hasnt won any significant match tournament in a while, dude is crazy talented but it just seems hes the for who the fuck knows...

If this is how he wants to do BJJ and it's within the rule set, then he should do so. If it works for him, great; if it doesn't, the loss should be its own punishment.

The best part is how angry it makes people who take the sport way too seriously.

I can't imagine anyone watching this and thinking BJJ looks cool.

Why should that guy care what you or anyone else think? I don't know him personally but from what I've seen from him he does whatever he feels like.

He probably wouldn't be as popular if he didn't have these antics regardless of win ratio.

I'm sure he's raking in a good amount of money, relatively speaking, for a Bjj'r. Seminars, tuition, purse for matches(though he doesn't compete much).

I don't know why he's calling out podcasters though.

I made it like 2 minutes in. I'm not watching 11 minutes of that. Sorry.

If this is how he wants to do BJJ and it's within the rule set, then he should do so. If it works for him, great; if it doesn't, the loss should be its own punishment.

The best part is how angry it makes people who take the sport way too seriously.

Thats the problem... Is it Working? is he going around submitting people left and right? (high caliber opponents since he is in that league)...

Why should that guy care what you or anyone else think? I don't know him personally but from what I've seen from him he does whatever he feels like.

Again, if he was beating people he shouldn't, he is not, yet he keeps on playing the same game... May be he is not into serious competition anymore, and like to Guff around and get paid for it...

God I used to love this guy, but lately, he acts like a buffon, it was funny sometime ago, but it seems lately that grappling like a buffon is all he can do,

http://mmaimports.com/2017/03/world...akes-its-way-to-bjj-watch-this-amazing-fight/

here he is grappling some dude who seems to be like someone who just got caught into the whole berimbolo thing, jeff keeps grappling like he doesnt give a fuck, but nor he does anything but refusing to actually grapple.

why would he keep this attitude going specially since its quite obious it doesnt give him good results while competing, he hasnt won any significant match tournament in a while, dude is crazy talented but it just seems hes the for who the fuck knows...

He looked jet lagged to me.

Again, if he was beating people he shouldn't, he is not, yet he keeps on playing the same game... May be he is not into serious competition anymore, and like to Guff around and get paid for it...

He beat Justin Rader a few months ago

I'll never understand how people can talk stuff and hate on point fighting Taekwondo and Karate matches but actively cheer 11 minutes of cart wheels and footsies like that match.

I'll never understand how people can talk stuff and hate on point fighting Taekwondo and Karate matches but actively cheer 11 minutes of cart wheels and footsies like that match.

The sooner BJJ practitioners realize their whole martial art is just a set of specific drills for freestyle fighting, like TKD, the better off they'll be.

I don't see any difference between getting oddly good at BJJ vs. oddly good at Olympic TKD.

Maybe a long time ago, you could boast that a BJJ guy was better at basically untrained fighting than a TKD guy, but the world has changed since then.

Really? I was completely unaware. I will have to look that up.

It was the main event of a Fight to Win pro. Close match, but Glover had the edge throughout, though Rader came on strong with a nice foot lock attempt at the end. Glover also had a match against Tanquino a few weeks ago, where Tanquino controlled him from top and neutralized most of his tricky quarter guard and empty half. I hope he does ADCC again this year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back