Jebus, sometimes I feel like my siblings are some silver-spooned dipsticks

No dumb ass.

They regard me as a dissolute living bum and disrespect me, despite my best efforts.

Said disrespect becomes intolerable, I'd prefer simply avoid the cunts...... but it can be difficult to avoid family.

You just sound bitter that they became successful and you didn't.

My understanding of being silver spooned is if someone is raised in wealth, not self-made even though your siblings sound closer to that than what you described.

But just basing on your description, it sounded more like you resent their lifestyle than them yours.

This is what we call drinking the corporate Kool-Aid kids. It's where you commit a lifetime of your energy towards a career and then you have to continually subscribe to this belief to reassure yourself internally. It's a very narrow mindset instead of trying to look at the bigger picture here, which is survival first, happiness second and hopefully a path to financial freedom

TS getting action on the planer boards lol. Quality troll.

This is what we call drinking the corporate Kool-Aid kids. It's where you commit a lifetime of your energy towards a career and then you have to continually subscribe to this belief to reassure yourself internally. It's a very narrow mindset instead of trying to look at the bigger picture here, which is survival first, happiness second and hopefully a path to financial freedom
Money doesn't buy happiness but lack of money can make you fucking miserable.

I doubt all those homeless, impoverished people, who can't afford regular meals and basic healthcare are sitting under their bridges thinking "thank god, I didn't waste all that time and energy in a career".

based on this thread alone, I am on your sisters side.
You bitch about them and how the got an education and work, family.

You on the other hand works 2 day a week and party with college girls, sound like a bitter ass hole and are rude. Crying on a karate forum.

I feel sorry for your sisters, I bet they discuss if you were adopted.

Couldn't you just visit your parents at a different time than when your sisters are around?

They are your siblings... you were "born into" the exact same life, they decided to work for what they want and have the good lives they EARNED, you didn't and you're clearly angry and bitter about it.

You are presumably well into adulthood at this point yes? It's time you put on your big girl panties and stopped blaming others for your failure as a man. You are NOT a victim.

You half ass it and work the bare minimum, which means you probably scrape by, have no money saved up for the future and have a life of poverty to look forward to. You're finally realising the many fuckups you've made and rather than owning up to it and making changes in your life, you are still blaming others like a little child.

They started at the bottom as well, unlike you, they worked hard and didn't stay there. Just grow the fuck up dude and stop whinging about the choices YOU made in life.

"Just as an example, one of my siblings also condemns overweight people, it's their problem apparently as they simply don't make an effort to eat and live healthy."

Your sibling is correct.
Okay let me square this away.

I work two days a week in a conventional job, so I can focus on research in an esoteric/unique aspect of physiology.

I went the path of wanting to be a pro fighter, but quickly realized some athletes have predisposed abilities..... being stronger, faster, more athletic, more explosive, more technically refined, fluid ability.

However, all these attributes are based in........ the nervous system.

Which innervates the musculoskeletal system -- determining strength, reaction times.
Cognitive ability determining adaptation to new techniques etc.

So all of us three came from a household that prioritized education, mother was a scientist and father a literary.
My siblings pursued that path, and it was laid out for them (one lectures at a university now, the other works for a multinational firm).

I did as above, but what I did is super unchartered territory. I work JUST as hard overall, but my actual remuneration is limited cause as a researcher I don't get paid outside of two days of conventional work.

Couldn't you just visit your parents at a different time than when your sisters are around?
I will be making every effort to do this from here forth.

It didn't really hit me until yesterday what uppity cunts they are.

Them and their dipshit kids.

Last edited:
My understanding of being silver spooned is if someone is raised in wealth, not self-made even though your siblings sound closer to that than what you described.

But just basing on your description, it sounded more like you resent their lifestyle than them yours.
Not at all.

They simply don't like who I am. They look down at me cause my lifestyle is so different from theirs.

I don't resent them at all. I admire they built good lives for themselves, but their discontents are also apparent and their judgement and condemnation of myself is a chore to constantly put up with.

Okay let me square this away.

I work two days a week in a conventional job, so I can focus on research in an esoteric/unique aspect of physiology.

I went the path of wanting to be a pro fighter, but quickly realized some athletes have predisposed abilities..... being stronger, faster, more athletic, more explosive, more technically refined, fluid ability.

However, all these attributes are based in........ the nervous system.

Which innervates the musculoskeletal system -- determining strength, reaction times.
Cognitive ability determining adaptation to new techniques etc.

So all of us three came from a household that prioritized education, mother was a scientist and father a literary.
My siblings pursued that path, and it was laid out for them (one lectures at a university now, the other works for a multinational firm).

I did as above, but what I did is super unchartered territory. I work JUST as hard overall, but my actual remuneration is limited cause as a researcher I don't get paid outside of two days of conventional work.
There are seven days of the week, you could easily get a job to work some of the other five days, you just don't want to. You're basically an adult child that is approaching middle age and still never got more than a part time job.

As you said, you came from a family which prioritizes education, which you could have followed but you chose not to. That's on you, not anyone else.

You're a "researcher" with no educational qualifications and only work two days a week? As what, their coffee boy? Your story sounds dodgy and doesn't add up.

From your original post: "I think they see me as some kind of sponge, dissolute living bum." Who are you sponging off, let me guess, your parents? Is that why your siblings are pissed off at you? Be honest, are you leaching off your elderly parents and that's why they treat you with utter contempt?

...and no, if you only work two days a week and then have five days off to screw around, you do NOT work "just as hard overall" as people with full time jobs and kids.

There are seven days of the week, you could easily get a job to work some of the other five days, you just don't want to. You're basically an adult child that is approaching middle age and still never got more than a part time job.

As you said, you came from a family which prioritizes education, which you could have followed but you chose not to. That's on you, not anyone else.

You're a "researcher" with no educational qualifications and only work two days a week? As what, their coffee boy? Your story sounds dodgy and doesn't add up.

From your original post: "I think they see me as some kind of sponge, dissolute living bum." Who are you sponging off, let me guess, your parents? Is that why your siblings are pissed off at you? Be honest, are you leaching off your elderly parents and that's why they treat you with utter contempt?

...and no, if you only work two days a week and then have five days off to screw around, you do NOT work "just as hard overall" as people with full time jobs and kids.
I work two days a week in a physio clinic to make money.

Every other day, I'm up at 7 am, at my desk by 9 am, and work through to about 9 pm, taking either lunch of evening off for training.

A dissolute living person meaning, hand to mouth. Base level living, buy all my groceries at the discount store, as it's the only way support the lifestyle I want, dedicate myself to the interests important to me.

I have a university degree in structural engineering and mathematics and spend about 18 months in the workforce before I realized that's not the life for me.
Then I re-trained with a bunch of certs in physiotherapy to have income, and the plan is long term re-admission to university for a degree in a clinical health science discipline.

I work two days a week in a physio clinic to make money.

Every other day, I'm up at 7 am, at my desk by 9 am, and work through to about 9 pm, taking either lunch of evening off for training.

A dissolute living person meaning, hand to mouth. Base level living, buy all my groceries at the discount store, as it's the only way support the lifestyle I want, dedicate myself to the interests important to me.

I have a university degree in structural engineering and mathematics and spend about 18 months in the workforce before I realized that's not the life for me.
Then I re-trained with a bunch of certs in physiotherapy to have income, and the plan is long term re-admission to university for a degree in a clinical health science discipline.
This is the life you chose. Why are you complaining?

This is the life you chose. Why are you complaining?
Yes, it's what I chose, it's what I want to do.

I'm looking for scientific answers (such as extending the athletes lifespan, performance improvement is what it revolves around primarily, which should also contribute to addressing age-related disorders via maintainence of neural integrity).

I'm not complaining.

I'm saying, my family look down on me like I'm a bum, they poison their children's minds against me cause of my lifestyle choices.

It fucking grinds me gears and I feel like I'm about to cut them out of my life as much as I can.

Back