Jean Pascal Vs Lucian Bute on January 18

but pascal was doing nothing for 2:30 in a lot of rounds and shot a 10 punch combo with maybe 1 or 2 landing.

See, a 10 punch combo with 2 or 3 landing is better than nothing. Bute did close to nothing until the last few rounds. Pascal landed the harder shots, threw more shots, landed more shots. By no metric did Bute have any advantage over Pascal until the last 2 rounds.

I thought I was as generous as possible to Bute with my score card and I still had it 116-113.

I had it 116-112 Pascal. Thought it was a pretty clear win for him. He gassed late and I had Bute winning a couple early rds but other than that Bute got beat up pretty good.

because I thought this fight was closer than people had it. I didnt think bute won.
but pascal was doing nothing for 2:30 in a lot of rounds and shot a 10 punch combo with maybe 1 or 2 landing.

which is kind of similar to what pac did vs bradley and hbo gave pac rounds.

114-114 isnt even crazy. it's giving bradley all the close rounds but def possible.

Pascal def won 6 rounds big. but in the last half of the fight he barely even did anything.

rounds 3 and 5 were pretty close but bute was throwing throughout the rounds even if jabs. and pascal didnt attempt his shitty off target flurries as much there.

rounds 3,5, 12 were bute rounds for sure. round 11 also being likely and a couple rounds that could have wen either way but I gave to bute.

I dont see it being wider than 117-111. if you were to give pascal round 11

Just be glad it wasn't a Pac fight. You wouldn't be able to post for the next few years without some clever sherdogger comparing you to some judge who scored a fight differently than they did.

I'll still take a Duane Ford comparison over throwing Dan Rafaels fat ass in everyones face

Just be glad it wasn't a Pac fight. You wouldn't be able to post for the next few years without some clever sherdogger comparing you to some judge who scored a fight differently than they did.

I'll still take a Duane Ford comparison over throwing Dan Rafaels fat ass in everyones face

when I saw the breakdown of your scoring I see how you got 114-114.

1 obvious bradley
2 obvious bradley
8 could be either
10 obvious bradley
11 could be either I guess
12 could be either I guess

I had it 116-112, but 115-113 pac seems fair.

115-113 bradley i didnt agree with though never said I did.

Jean Pascal ‏@jeanpascalchamp

"16500 In Quebec City, 17800 in Montreal City and 21000 people at the Bell Center. I sell out arenas, I

bummed Bute didnt win.

Stevenson decapitates Pascal.
On the same card, feed Bute to Kovalev...the Russian is hangry.

Stevenson decapitates Pascal.
On the same card, feed Bute to Kovalev...the Russian is hangry.

Sounds like Bute/Pascal 2 was discussed behind the scenes before they got in the ring the first time. Pascal was talking rematch in the post fight interview.

They're talking rematch after that? bwahahahaha!
Waste.Of.Time.

They're talking rematch after that? bwahahahaha!
Waste.Of.Time.

You didn't hear that in the post fight interview? Pascal claimed he allowed Bute to win the last couple of rounds to hype the rematch.

You didn't hear that in the post fight interview? Pascal claimed he allowed Bute to win the last couple of rounds to hype the rematch.

bute said he wanted a rematch too. not sure how well it would sell in canada for a rematch. seeing how both had a 2 million dollar purse they probably could do it again for close to the million mark each no problem.

I give Bute a chance if he actually shows up to fight

He won't though. He's damaged goods. I've never seen that kind of insecurity in a fighters eyes and fighting style.

To be fair, Pascal didn't look too good either, even in such a huge win.

After the decision, I needed to wake my TV up so I changed the channel.

If he seriously said that, then feed him to Kovalev too. The Russian is hangry.:icon_chee

Back