Jean Pascal Vs Lucian Bute on January 18

Alex88

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Who wins that fight and why ? I'm rooting on Jean :cool:

Bute just seemed super overrated and Pascal wants to be that Canadian superstar. Pascal by any means possible.

Pascal by ass whipping. I like Bute but Pascal should win this pretty easy. I don't see Bute being able to out box Pascal and he dam sure won't be able to out muscle Pascal on the inside. He might be able to out work Pascal but he is gonna have put up Paul Williams numbers.

Pascal by ass whipping. I like Bute but Pascal should win this pretty easy. I don't see Bute being able to out box Pascal and he dam sure won't be able to out muscle Pascal on the inside. He might be able to out work Pascal but he is gonna have put up Paul Williams numbers.

Bute is the better technical boxer. He also hits the hardest (ko rate is an indicator but also according to guys who have sparred both). I don't know why you think that Bute absolutely could not outbox Pascal.

Pascal is more athletic and explosive, and probably the "thoughest" of the two. His multiple one armed wins, including one against fairly solid opponent Diaconu, demonstrate tons of heart, thoughness, and ability to adapt. We all saw how Bute reacted when he got hit by Froch (and Andrade), versus how Pascal reacted in the same situation.

But Pascal also tends to be sloppy and inconsistent. He fights in small bursts and his defense is porous, especially when he starts to brawl (which he tends to do).

I know that people tend to favor Pascal, especially since Bute lost to Froch and looked ordinary against Grachev, at least until the last few rounds. Before that, they favored Bute. Honestly, I have a hard time predicting the winner of this fight.
But not giving Bute a chance is misguided IMO.

Cause i think if Pascal goes into the Roy Jones mode, Bute won't have a chance to catch up with him. Pascal has the speed to pop shot in burst and get out before Bute can get off. Bute is gonna have to have his jab and straight going all nite and i don't see it happening. He is gonna want to get inside and bang to the body with his great body shots and that will give Pascal the chance to land his burst and get out. If Pascal does stay on the inside Bute will have a chance to land the body shots and uppercuts, but even then i think Pascal will hurt him with some hooks and make Bute back out from a inside fight and try to get into a pop shot contest which i think favors Pascal hand speed.

Thats just how i see the fight. Maybe I am wrong.

I didn't think Bute hit harder than Pascal but do you think he hits hard enough to Hurt Pascal.

Cause i think if Pascal goes into the Roy Jones mode, Bute won't have a chance to catch up with him. Pascal has the speed to pop shot in burst and get out before Bute can get off. Bute is gonna have to have his jab and straight going all nite and i don't see it happening. He is gonna want to get inside and bang to the body with his great body shots and that will give Pascal the chance to land his burst and get out. If Pascal does stay on the inside Bute will have a chance to land the body shots and uppercuts, but even then i think Pascal will hurt him with some hooks and make Bute back out from a inside fight and try to get into a pop shot contest which i think favors Pascal hand speed.

I didn't think Bute hit harder than Pascal but do you think he hits hard enough to Hurt Pascal.

Dawson staggerd Pascal with a uppercut right before the stoppage so if Chad can hurt him then Bute certainly can , but that just might not be enough to only hurt Pascal he's going to have to actually do damage to make him weary of attacking too often

I don't know if Bute will hurt Pascal. He did ko Andrade, who was known to have a really solid chin (see the Kessler fight. He just keeps coming not matter how often/hard/clean he gets hit). It was a body shot, but he dropped him first with a left to the chin.
Pascal has a solid chin, and Bute was very cautious in his last fight and not very agressive. So I think that he can but I'm not saying the he will.

You're right that Bute should fight with his straight punches. He used to be very good at it, but then he started to look for the big left uppercut a little bit too much and didn't focus on his jab and his straight as much. If he focuses on his uppercut too much, he'll have a hard time winning this fight.

Dawson staggerd Pascal with a uppercut right before the stoppage so if Chad can hurt him then Bute certainly can , but that just might not be enough to only hurt Pascal he's going to have to actually do damage to make him weary of attacking too often

Don't compare bute to chad chad would murk him. Bute is overrated pascal will ko him.

One of these guys will get injured a month before the fight and it'll get canceled.

each is making 4 million. ground level seats are 1500. huge event in quebec.

Pascal , Bute is going to get knocked out Brutally

Bute has looked pretty awful in his last two. I'm not sure when Pascal last fought.

Andrew Gardiner (10(6)-0) is stepping in to fight Eledier Alvarez now, probably untelivised.

on stevenson vs bellew they had Jo Jo dan vs bizier, and sky seemed to have no idea that both were canadian.

Gardiner vs alvarez both are based in canada, gardiner based outside of quebec though, should be a fun scrap

before Froch I would have favored Bute.

now...? Bute looked so shitty in that fight that it is hard to remember his skills and power.

I don't know who takes this one.

before Froch I would have favored Bute.

now...? Bute looked so shitty in that fight that it is hard to remember his skills and power.

I don't know who takes this one.
He didn't look good against Grachev either.

If Pascal comes out aggressive, Bute will lose.

Looking at some of the YT vids of Pascal this week and he looks kinda big. How much weight does he cut before the fight.

winner gets superman for another big event in quebec.

if only more world class boxers were based out of quebec, nice fight atmosphere at the bell centre.

Back