JDS -- Jones Derangement Syndrome

Truly thought this was a thread about Junior Dos Santos lol

Jones Derangement Syndrome. I see otherwise solid MMA fans talking about how Jones is ducking an apparent all-time great (who knew?) In TOM ASPINALL.
Aspinall is an exciting fighter but he's a nobody. Let's be honest. That's not his fault. But fans who talk about him are exhibiting Jones Derangement Syndrome, plain and simple. There are almost no threads about Aspinall on this forum. He gets no coverage in the media. He's just your latest hope, for some reason, to beat Jon Jones. Many of you come across as nuts in these discussions!
Have a nice day.

It was the same with Santos, Gane, Reyes.. Now Aspinall is the new guy Jones is ducking and that will for sure defeat him. HE can be but yep..

He’s taking a page out of DC’s book. Notch an easy defense at HW immediately after getting the belt. No-sell the rightful contender.
They asked DC to fight Black Beast on a months notice to save the MSG card. Not even close to the same situation.

Jones Derangement Syndrome. I see otherwise solid MMA fans talking about how Jones is ducking an apparent all-time great (who knew?) In TOM ASPINALL.
Aspinall is an exciting fighter but he's a nobody. Let's be honest. That's not his fault. But fans who talk about him are exhibiting Jones Derangement Syndrome, plain and simple. There are almost no threads about Aspinall on this forum. He gets no coverage in the media. He's just your latest hope, for some reason, to beat Jon Jones. Many of you come across as nuts in these discussions!
Have a nice day.

Lmao. You’re definitely someone who had Trump derangement syndrome. Weak little guy

There's only one JDS

Junior_dos_Santos.jpg
Prime JDS vs young Jones would have been an incredible superfight when they were both on the top.

I blame Cain for turning JDS into SDS (Senior dos Santos)

I wouldn't say ducking, I'd call it umm... Strategically avoiding... If they throw some crazy number at him for the Aspinall fight, let's say $20 million, you can guarantee he'd take the fight. Why take that fight if he could fight Stipe and Pereira for likely even more than they'd pay him to fight Aspinall? It's unfair to Aspinall and the rest of the division but it's the UFC's fault. In Jones' mind his legacy is already secure, Aspinall more than deserves to fight for the belt. All time great is nuts in reference to Aspinall at this point (did anybody really say that???) but calling Aspinall a nobody is also wild. Aspinall is still relatively knew but has looked crazy impressive so far aside from blowing his knee out against Blaydes. Also when it comes to being a legend and not being a "nobody", Aspinall is the interim champ and doing what he needs to do. He crushed contenders to get that belt and fighting Jones for the belt would help build his legacy but somebody doesn't want that fight to happen and it's not Aspinall.

all the interim champ. crap means is tom is number guy after Miocic dont know why all the whine.. once miocic loses .. tom have his chance! NOW if jones tries to fight Pereira after he wins even i will admit Jones is ducking... even tho its bigger money fight for himself.... then tom is.... , Tom looks young and hungry but his got one real win .

Pavlovich good win...​

Tybura NObody,...​

Blaydes Barely top 10 at this point..​

Good. Let him give up the belt and then fight whoever, if he has nothing to prove let those who do fight for the title.
I don't know. I think it's such a great point that we fans shouldn't complain about title fights, especially at heavyweight, being about the least dangerous and most money drawing challenges. Honestly, MMA fans are so spoiled, the way they keep begging to see MMA from the biggest MMA promotion, when it's been so clearly defined that the biggest MMA promotion is supposed to sell circus events.

The REAL fans are the ones who like popular things because they're popular.

He’s taking a page out of DC’s book. Notch an easy defense at HW immediately after getting the belt. No-sell the rightful contender.
Lewis and Volkov fought in a title eliminator that Lewis won. How was that DC trying to notch an easy defense instead of the "rightful contender"? That is exactly who he should have fought.

Bisping ducked the rightful contenders at MW, as well. Made us wait through a grudge match with old man Hendo and retired, unranked GSP while the top 5 was stacked with killers.
And he got routinely shit on for it, so the same will happen here.

GSP did the right thing and retired again, but he was still chided it for it, nonetheless.

Again, yes, moves that are deserving of criticism get criticized, so i don't know why we're acting like we suddenly can't. At least GSP had a somewhat decent excuse for why he couldn't defend. Though the fact he didn't defend, as opposed to pick a wrong contender makes him not really comparable to this situation. Him and DC make you 1 for 3 on comparisons so far.

Jones haters just love to call him a duck for doing the same thing that other “champs” have done-
And all got called ducks for. I guess the idea it shouldn't happen to Jones must only come up cuz of Jones defenders. All this argument rings of is "This is the same situation, but Jon should be treated differently and better"

Use the belt to command the matches that you want. And they also desperately want to see Jon lose, and Tom is the most likely avenue for that to happen.

Tom can still fight the top contenders. After Jones vacates, it will likely be Blaydes vs. Aspinall for the undisputed title.
So you point out that GSP did the right thing by vacating, but you think Jon needs to wait before doing that, and everyone else needs to wait with him.

How is the problem not obvious here?

I don't know. I think it's such a great point that we fans shouldn't complain about title fights, especially at heavyweight, being about the least dangerous and most money drawing challenges. Honestly, MMA fans are so spoiled, the way they keep begging to see MMA from the biggest MMA promotion, when it's been so clearly defined that the biggest MMA promotion is supposed to sell circus events.

The REAL fans are the ones who like popular things because they're popular.
We could have had several title fights right now if they had stripped Jones.

Back