JDS gave Stipe much more of fight in the first bout than Ngannout did

He did quit, honestly. There were points where he stood in the center of the ring and just watched as Stipe circled around him. Mentally conceding the fight and accepting defeat is still quitting in my books. It's worse than being finished in some cases, namely when a fighter - knowing they are behind on the scorecards - is only finished because they went for broke.

struve gave him a lot more of a challenge than Ng too

He did quit, honestly. There were points where he stood in the center of the ring and just watched as Stipe circled around him. Mentally conceding the fight and accepting defeat is still quitting in my books. It's worse than being finished in some cases, namely when a fighter - knowing they are behind on the scorecards - is only finished because they went for broke.

I dont think that was mental i think it was physical bruh dude was gassed af lol

What kind of a statement is that? Of course JDS gave him more of a fight. He fucking won the fight.

I dont think that was mental i think it was physical bruh dude was gassed af lol

I don't know. Maybe you're right. His legs did look like they were made out of grape jello. It's just hard for me to imagine an MMA fighter training for a championship fight gassing out in the second half of the first round.

I don't know. Maybe you're right. His legs did look like they were made out of grape jello. It's just hard for me to imagine an MMA fighter training for a championship fight gassing out in the second half of the first round.

yeah seems a lil unreasonable that pro athlete would gas that quick but we see it still. McG is a pretty good example. Ng is a giant mfer tho and the first was pretty active. He swung and missed a lot landed a couple and ate a couple too. Other than that idk why he would mentally fold, stipe had the cleaner technique but its not like Ng wasn't holding his own in the stand up. He didnt land as many but he made them count. the few times he did land it looked like he was gonna knock stipes head off his shoulders whatta chin on that guy...

other than the brief standup all stipe really did was hold him down. He didnt threaten a sub or much meaningful GnP I dont see that as a scenario that would make a pro fighter scared enough to just give up from lack of willpower. Only real answer I can see is that dude was gassed af, stipe really grinded him out made him carry his weight, kept a forearm in his throat all night. Add in adrenaline dump and blowing your wad in the first round wiffing haymakers and 260 or so lbs of muscle? I could see why dude looked like he needed an oxygen tank lol

Yes but then he got squashed easily the second time around, partially erasing his previous accomplishment. It was a pathetic performance from JDS.

And then he pissed hot, even more erasing.

did JDS get suspended? I cant remember.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back