JBJ vs Stacked HW

BowserJr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
How does JBJ do if he competed against this top 10?

What are the results (decision, sub, ko, tko) of him Vs each opponent?

CAIN VELASQUEZ
Fabricio Werdum
Junior dos Santos
Travis Browne
Shane Carwin
Andrei Arlovski
Antonio Silva
Stipe Miocic
Alistair Overeem
Brock Lesnar

Last edited:
The only ones that I think he murks for sure are Mr. Rousey and Bigfoot. For some reason, the Carwin fight intrigues the shit outta me.

Arlovski vs Jones would be pretty interesting, actually. Arlovski's biggest problem was always against power punchers and would make reckless mistakes that would cause him to get knocked out. However, he had great takedown defense and wasn't submitted at all until facing Josh Barnett well after his prime. Now he never beat anyone as good as Jones, obviously, but take these factors into consideration and I think it would be pretty interesting.

He teased moving up during this HW era. Of course he didn’t tho.
kanye-guess.gif

Wasn’t it a rumour, or maybe actually confirmed, that alistair used to bully jones in gym sessions? By bully I mean outclass obviously

I'd favor Jones over anyone who's ever fought in the history of mma.

DC was his biggest rival, test and the fighter most likely to beat him. One day people will realize how great DC was as well.

If Cain had continued to evolve and reached his potential/ prime as a fighter then he would be another candidate. But he never did.

Jones has had some mid performances by his standard. Smith, Santos, Reyes, OSP, Gus 1

But I think that has more to do with playing the level of his opponent more than anything.

When Jones is motivated and fighting to his full potential as we seen against DC, I don't see anyone stopping him. Not even fedor.

He isn't invincible, no man is, and especially at HW. He's in every fight though, and probably wins more than he loses.

Prime Stipe would be his toughest fight, He probably beats Stipe today but I would comfortably favor Stipe to win in his prime.

Cain would likely approach the fight like he did against JDS, It would be boring and Jones would probably be able nullify the grappling enough to score more on the feet.

Reem and Carwin would be fun to watch for one round, either they finish bones or get picked apart after they quickly gas, in round 1 these two guys are very scary wild cards.

Brock, Arlovski, Browne, Silva would be the least exciting fights.. Jones has a great chance of winning these.

Werdum has a bit better chance than the 4 above but I don't see him having an easy time finishing Jones.

Prime Stipe would be his toughest fight, He probably beats Stipe today but I would comfortably favor Stipe to win in his prime.

Cain would likely approach the fight like he did against JDS, It would be boring and Jones would probably be able nullify the grappling enough to score more on the feet.

Reem and Carwin would be fun to watch for one round, either they finish bones or get picked apart after they quickly gas, in round 1 these two guys are very scary wild cards.

Brock, Arlovski, Browne, Silva would be the least exciting fights.. Jones has a great chance of winning these.

Werdum has a bit better chance than the 4 above but I don't see him having an easy time finishing Jones.
Prime DC was a tougher fight than all those guys, including stipe.

Arlovski vs Jones would be pretty interesting, actually. Arlovski's biggest problem was always against power punchers and would make reckless mistakes that would cause him to get knocked out. However, he had great takedown defense and wasn't submitted at all until facing Josh Barnett well after his prime. Now he never beat anyone as good as Jones, obviously, but take these factors into consideration and I think it would be pretty interesting.

I've always thought the same thing.

Reem is similar in being susceptible to power punches which Jones is not

Prime DC was a tougher fight than all those guys, including stipe.

DC is a perfect matchup for Kones as he is much shorter.

Jones struggles with guys his size.

He's never fought someone his size with a combination of high level grappling and striking

CAIN VELASQUEZ (Jones wins)
Fabricio Werdum (Jones wins)
Junior dos Santos (Jones wins)
Travis Browne (Jones wins)
Shane Carwin (Jones wins)
Andrei Arlovski (Jones wins)
Antonio Silva (Jones wins)
Stipe Miocic (Jones wins)
Alistair Overeem (Jones wins)
Brock Lesnar (Jones wins)

Disclaimer: My answer might be slightly biased

I agree with the 1st few

I see Brock being problem since Jones isn't much of a power hitter and Brock is absolutely stronger than anyone he faced

Arlovski was a great striker with great grappling defense only susceptible to power punching which Jones doesn't have.

Werdum is the worst matchup IMO

Better than Jones everywhere and large enough that Jones reach can't compensate for being less skilled

Back