Media Jan Blachowicz to Middleweight?

Shit I thought Jan beat ankalaev, which would make him the rightful lhw champ
Even Jan said he lost that fight. Other than his “victory” against Rakic, Jan hasn’t won a fight in 2 years. Not saying he couldn’t beat Adesanya again, but I don’t know that being 1-1-1 in a different division over the past couple of years is grounds for an immediate title shot.

I think Jan beats Jamahal Hill, so I would prefer to see him stay at 205. Plus, it’s kind of a bad look for him to be calling out a smaller guy, especially since he’s already beaten him once.

Even Jan said he lost that fight. Other than his “victory” against Rakic, Jan hasn’t won a fight in 2 years. Not saying he couldn’t beat Adesanya again, but I don’t know that being 1-1-1 in a different division over the past couple of years is grounds for an immediate title shot.

I think Jan beats Jamahal Hill, so I would prefer to see him stay at 205. Plus, it’s kind of a bad look for him to be calling out a smaller guy, especially since he’s already beaten him once.
Bullshit he did
He got pressured by Rogan and doesn't speak English well
He made it clear how he felt after

If they can make this happen shortly after or around khamzat vs Costa, then I'm all for it and truthfully, I'd imagine Izzy would take that challenge too.

It would be another score he could "settle" with Jan coming to his weight class.

Whitaker Izzy won’t sell due to the definitive ending of the first fight and the rather lackluster albeit close rematch. Dricus has the wins but he hasn’t displayed anything that would suggest that he could challenge Izzy.

I understand wanting Jan to beat some contenders first but he doesn’t have that kind of time left and Izzy needs a compelling matchup. He just avenged one of his losses. Let him get the other one back and while that’s going on, make Dricus Whitaker and build up Nickal and Borz.
Yeah this is my thought process exactly. I don't think Dricus beats anyone in the top 5 either so will probably get eliminated from contender status soon. I'm down for Dricus/Whittaker in the meantime too.

I really like Jan. But unless he’s actually done a test cut. I’m not sure he could make 185.

If he could, though. I’m curious to see what would happen at 185. Unless he’s actually done a test cut. I don’t really want to see him attempt it and fail.

Isn't Izzy already hyping Du Plessis?

It really sucks that UFC is so incapable of getting fights for good fighters so often. Khamzat and Whittaker have fought once each in the last year. Contendership shouldn't be so damn opaque right now.

And Khamzat of course fucked his up royally. But still, he's a young man, he should be fighting anyone, any time, anywhere, not 3x since the 2020 Edwards/Covid cancellations.

And apparently Whittaker had a bout but it fell through at the last minute a few months ago???

I wonder whether UFC has chosen to sit their highest paid fighters more, in an attempt to keep fighter pay closer to 15% of gross....

Last edited:
There's absolutely zero chance UFC ever gets interested in a rematch at middleweight, it's really not worth discussing lol.

no chance Jan makes 185 ever unless he quits training and becomes a vegan

Jan's a pretty funny guy actually.

He's pretty thick though, I don't think the weight cut at his age would be ideal.

Whitaker Izzy won’t sell due to the definitive ending of the first fight and the rather lackluster albeit close rematch. Dricus has the wins but he hasn’t displayed anything that would suggest that he could challenge Izzy.

I understand wanting Jan to beat some contenders first but he doesn’t have that kind of time left and Izzy needs a compelling matchup. He just avenged one of his losses. Let him get the other one back and while that’s going on, make Dricus Whitaker and build up Nickal and Borz.

Rob is in the same position that Max is in at FW. Both prob won't get another shot at the title as long as Izzy and Volk are champion.

I think Jan just wants title fight chances before he starts to fade out.

Fading out in present tense. Dude is like 40. He became champ in the thinnest men's division in the UFC lol and only defended it against a guy 30 lbs lighter than him.

Shit I thought Jan beat ankalaev, which would make him the rightful lhw champ
I'm down to see that fight again
Does anyone really think hill is the best lhw in the world?

Being the best in the current LHW division is like being the best tennis player at the retirement home.

artyn-elmayan-s-story-he-is-100yearold-and-still-plays-tennis-1.jpg

Back