Media Jan Blachowicz to Middleweight?

I'd like Rob to get the next crack at Izzy but don't see it happening. Tbh I'd prefer the story around a MW Jan having a crack as opposed to Dricus next.

I'm down provided that Jan beats at least one top 15 MW first. Actually how many top MWs would a slimmed down Jan beat at this point?

Not sure if Jan can even make MW, and be effective. If Jan wants to move down and fight Adesanya, he should get a top ten opponent at MW first. If he beats a legit top ten guy, makes weight effectively, and looks good in his MW fight- then you can possibly book him against Adesanya.

I can't see that at 40 years of age Jan is safely making 185lb, he is usually 220lb when in the cage and probably walking around 230lb to 235lb. Big fan of Jan but fairly delusional on his part.

Nobody is asking for a fight between Jan and Izzy at 185 lol

It’s actually a fantastic development. Izzy has beaten all the top contenders besides Duplessis who has nothing for him, Strickland who needs a win and Khamzat who hasn’t faced let alone beaten any top contenders at 185.

Jan is a former champ who beat Izzy decisively at 205 and is now teasing a move to MW. That’s a fight that can actually sell while Khamzat/Strickland figure out their roles and emerging talents like Bo Nickal establish their pedigree.

Jan already has a championship pedigree and brings a compelling narrative to a rematch that can be immediately booked.

I'd like Rob to get the next crack at Izzy but don't see it happening. Tbh I'd prefer the story around a MW Jan having a crack as opposed to Dricus next.

Whitaker Izzy won’t sell due to the definitive ending of the first fight and the rather lackluster albeit close rematch. Dricus has the wins but he hasn’t displayed anything that would suggest that he could challenge Izzy.

I understand wanting Jan to beat some contenders first but he doesn’t have that kind of time left and Izzy needs a compelling matchup. He just avenged one of his losses. Let him get the other one back and while that’s going on, make Dricus Whitaker and build up Nickal and Borz.

I doubt Jan makes it to the top 5 at middleweight

I'm all for it. Either we get an Israel who has avenged his MMA losses, only adding to the UFC hype machine, or we get the sneakiest, most unassuming, and therefore awesome double-champ of all time.

Can you imagine if Jan won? Joe "Retard" Rogan and Dumbass DC would be stroking out trying to figure out a way to make Israel sound like the winner.

I hope this interests Izzy enough, cus it sounds like he'll refuse Pereira.

I'll be pumped for a defense against Pereira, Blachowicz, or Chimaev. Anyone else would be pretty meh.

Last edited:
Whitaker Izzy won’t sell due to the definitive ending of the first fight and the rather lackluster albeit close rematch. Dricus has the wins but he hasn’t displayed anything that would suggest that he could challenge Izzy.

I understand wanting Jan to beat some contenders first but he doesn’t have that kind of time left and Izzy needs a compelling matchup. He just avenged one of his losses. Let him get the other one back and while that’s going on, make Dricus Whitaker and build up Nickal and Borz.
/Thread

I'm sure Izzy and fans would prefer him taking on a weight depleted 40 year old Jan instead of the deadly Alex again but nobody else would.

Shit I thought Jan beat ankalaev, which would make him the rightful lhw champ
I'm down to see that fight again
Does anyone really think hill is the best lhw in the world?

Back