James Te Huna Retires

Always lked him. Injuries, losses and a few brutl KO losses in particular will make up someone's mind though and respect to Te Huna for knowing when to call it quits. Best of luck in the future, Big Kahuna.

If u actually read the thread you get people here posting from oz and his general location and people who have been to see him fight. Others simply want to show support to a guy with brain lesions who managed to leave the sport on two feet.

i dunno what you want from people, dyou just want every post on here to be like "everyones a piece of shit and i hope you all die a humiliating death"?

You seem a little dead inside, darling

Nah. I just think that people shouldnt hate on a guy for offering his opinion on Te Huna as a fighter in a thread about Te Huna.

This is very good news, he has been knocked out cold brutally a few times. not good for his brain health. I respect that he understands when its time to call it a day. good decision.

What a fucking loser you are to post that. I know you're just a troll looking to get a rise out of people, but still. Trolling / joking or whatever, it takes a real special kind of piece of shit to write something like that.

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. TeHuna has one of the worst reputations in the history of Australian MMA. There has never been a fighter from that region with anything close to the shocking history he has. The discussion about it has kicked off over at reddit and users have provided footage of his shameful acts that if he'd ever pulled in the UFC, would have had him banned for life.

Link:

Much respect to the man for following his dreams even when they went against him.

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. TeHuna is like the Gilbert Yvel of Australian MMA. There has never been a fighter from that region with anything close to the shocking history he has, both personally and professionally. The discussion about it has kicked off over at reddit and users have provided footage of his shameful acts that if he'd ever pulled in the UFC, would have had him banned for life.

Link:

yeah the stomp was pretty shitty of him. but saying he roided? where's the proof.

yeah the stomp was pretty shitty of him. but saying he roided? where's the proof.

No clue, he hasn't failed a drug test to my knowledge & I've covered the Australian fight scene since 1999.

Te Huna was a really fun fighter to watch. Put on some electric fights. But seeing him KO'd so many times in his recent fights gives me some relief that he came to this decision.

Where was the attack after the stoppage? Stomped his head? This video doesn't show this.

BTW, there was a lot of bad blood between them prior to the fight. The MMA community is pretty small in Australia and everyone knows everyone. Perosh does not have a good reputation. I won't comment personally as I've never met him, but a lot of people say he's arrogant. This has come from some trustworthy people who wouldn't bad mouth anyone for no reason.

graphics-hippo-559723.gif

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. TeHuna has one of the worst reputations in the history of Australian MMA. There has never been a fighter from that region with anything close to the shocking history he has. The discussion about it has kicked off over at reddit and users have provided footage of his shameful acts that if he'd ever pulled in the UFC, would have had him banned for life.

Link:

This. Te Huna has had a lot of despicable moments. Certainly not what everyone in this thread seems to be portraying.

Where was the attack after the stoppage? Stomped his head? This video doesn't show this.

BTW, there was a lot of bad blood between them prior to the fight. The MMA community is pretty small in Australia and everyone knows everyone. Perosh does not have a good reputation. I won't comment personally as I've never met him, but a lot of people say he's arrogant. This has come from some trustworthy people who wouldn't bad mouth anyone for no reason.

You're not wrong about Perosh I've heard the same.

War Te Huna. Always had exciting fights win or lose.

He probably got rocked or knocked out just making the announcement. It's time to hang them up when you can't withstand a light breeze without seeing stars.

Never understand how these announcements of retiring happen so long after their last fight. Was he training and realized, shit, i can't do this anymore?

He was always in a fun fight win or lose, and his entrance at UFC Aukland was fantastic. Thanks for the memories, Te-Huna.

Good move. He's had some good fights and wins... but he's taken a lot of damage in his past few fights. Nice to see someone hang em up before it's too late.

Hespect. Hespect indeed.

I liked watching him but too bad he couldn't string anything together later on.

But.. It has to be said. It's either oblivion of Bolivia. You don't get head kicked into Bolivian.

Thanks for the Shogun KO

I liked watching him but too bad he couldn't string anything together later on.

But.. It has to be said. It's either oblivion of Bolivia. You don't get head kicked into Bolivian.

It's a famous Mike Tyson quote.

"I guess I'm gonna fade into Bolivian."

He was very entertaining to watch. Best of luck for the future!

Back