James Te Huna Retires

Haloom

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hopefully the link works.

Respect to that little run he went on culminating in his comeback victory over Jimmo after he got head kicked into Bolivian. That was one of the toughest comebacks I've seen.

Hey guys ..yes I'm alive haha, it's been a couple months since my last post and I apologise for my absence. I have discovered something that is tough to swallow (but made a lot of sense) since the last fight but this recent decision is a positive step towards a healthy future, I hope you can all understand. I gave it everything I had guys, and those closest to me know how much of my life I gave to competition-I didn't have the gift when I started..just put in the work to chase a childhood dream. This career has expanded to 20 years and I have/am very grateful for all the help and support that I have received along this amazing journey. I got to learn and gain respect, discipline from martial arts, my culture and my family. Living a healthy lifestyle (minus the hospitals lol). Experiencing the positives and negatives of a sport-I have been through it all and I'll be using this knowledge in my next venture. I received a lot of help and I always done my best to give back whenever I could. I would like to encourage the youth to get involved and I will continue to promote. There have been a lot of proud moments-having the opportunity to represent my culture to the world, but most of all being told from the person who I looked up to, my nephew my namesake. Again, thank you guys for all the support and a big thank you to my family.

Kia ora
Jamie

Respect. He knows when to say when.

He fought for the UFC, that is a feat in itself.

Always loved watching him fight. Very entertaining one way or another.

Thanks for sharing.

Fuck i actually read through the grey on black text before i realized thats what u reposted in white lol

Went out on his shield. Smart choice for him. Much respect.

Seems like a good guy and always fun to watch. Always came in good shape too, he'll be remembered

Never really followed him, but I have nothing but respect for knowing when it's time to hang them up. Hope he enjoys his retirement!

fyTXRoQ--z4dVlS2mPCuTAG3TlPSroHbLqRJI6QGhLc.jpg

If Shogun looked at me like this I would be rendered impotent, never mind even thinking about working again.

Huge respect to Te Huna

Good for him, save your health. He was a good scrapper, his fights were always entertaining win or lose.

Liked him, never rated him. To be a successful fighter from NZ, you need to be of Samoan/NZ heritage or come from South Auckland.

Respect for the man, he played his hand and tried his best. Hope for good things in the future for him.

Might not of been the greatest fighter to ever live but always came to fight.

That's too bad—UFC's light heavyweight division is depleted enough that anyone who can chalk up a minor win streak can get a top ten fight, but respect to Te Huna for knowing when to call it a day.

Good call. Now Nate the Great--a guy who could only manage to beat Te Huna and CB over the past 3+ years--needs to follow his lead and also retire.

Respect. He knows when to say when.

There's an apostrophe missing from your latest masterpiece. Ignorance is not an excuse.

OT: Respect man, he had a hell of a career in the UFC. Was never really in a boring fight from what I remember. Seemed like a genuinely good dude. Respeck.

Must be all of those big backroom bonuses making him leave.

All kidding aside, he was a solid fighter and retirements like this in shallow divisions really hurt card depth.

I just noticed that any time Tuna fought a ranked known fighter, he lost badly in the first round. No slight to Tuna as a person but he really kind of sucked and I don't think he deserves some sort of going away celebration thread. He is kind of a nobody.

All of his losses occurred in the first round.

I just noticed that any time Tuna fought a ranked known fighter, he lost badly in the first round. No slight to Tuna as a person but he really kind of sucked and I don't think he deserves some sort of going away celebration thread. He is kind of a nobody.

All of his losses occurred in the first round.
Says a nobody.

Ot: respect to te huna.
I remember seeing his fight
with gusto & expecting big
things from both.

Back