Jamahal Hill says UFC guaranteeing title fight upon his return(Alex calls out Izzy)

Will he get his title fight?

• Total voters
It really depends on when he comes back. Dana has on a very, VERY few occasions been known to say things he doesn't mean

He deserves it but the UFC is such a gongshow, they very well could give it to whoever gets the most retweets or some other dumb shit.
Yup. Even as shallow as LHW is, it's realistic that following Jiri-Poatan we get:
1) Immediate rematch (because that's what UFC/WME fooking loves doing)
2) Adesanya gets immediate LHW title shot (especially if Poatan is champion)
3) Some kind of idiotic* "superfight" like Strickland-Poatan 2 (if they're both champions) or Poatan-Jiri winner moving up to HW.

* idiotic in the sense that it holds up two divisions and it's not a real superfight that fans actually wanted (like Anderson-GSP).

I think he gets one if Alex wins, but he might have to fight once if Jiri wins.

If that "guarantee" is coming from goofasaurus, he definitely will not be getting a title shot any time soon.

I laughed too hard
dana-long-camera.gif
<45><45><45>

0cb8819bfdd5c6bc24e33646e1e1be21.gif

He deserves it but I bet he has to take some IC or some shit like that.

He’s been beefing up his social media presence and that sadly helps fighters get high profile fights so we shall see

If that "guarantee" is coming from goofasaurus, he definitely will not be getting a title shot any time soon.
No. Dana only lies if it's something I disagree with!!!

-Sherdogger

-Kenny Florian

You heard it here first

Jamahal is a goose, but he is a dope fighter.. would love to see him up next.

have no interest in watching that guy fight whatsoever. just puts me to sleep, he can be the main event and it's still a smoke break fight.

View attachment 1010788

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship light heavyweight king Jamahal Hill is confident he will face the winner of the upcoming UFC 295 vacant title fight between Jiri Prochazka and Alex Pereira next year.

Hill (12-1) vacated the title after suffering a torn Achilles tendon during a pickup basketball game in July. The American was the second consecutive UFC light heavyweight champ to vacate the strap after Prochazka (29-3) needed shoulder surgery following his title victory.

While Hill admits that he was inclined to retain the title until he could recover and return to action, vacating was the right thing to do under the circumstances. “Sweet Dreams” also claimed that Prochazka didn’t vacate the strap before him out of benevolence as was initially advertised.

According to Hill, it was “heavily suggested” to Prochazka, who has also previously admitted that he didn't relinquish the belt of his own volition.

“Originally when it happened, that was my first thought [to hold onto the title], but the thing is they had a deal already in place with Jiri,” the 32-year-old recently told MMA Fighting. “Jiri didn’t just vacate his title. He wasn’t just being a samurai and vacating his title. It was heavily suggested [he should vacate]. There was a deal made where he would fight for it upon his return.”

“So, whenever you get me and then I get hurt, we were supposed to fight, and I have the belt, and he’s promised a title fight. It was just kind of right to do the same thing.”

Having undergone surgery with renowned orthopedic surgeon Dr. Neal ElAttrache, Hill is making a steady recovery and expects to return to training early next year.

“Sweet Dreams” is targeting a return to the Octagon in the second quarter of 2024, for which he claims he has been guaranteed a title fight, champion purse and pay-per-view shares.

Continue Reading
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/J...aranteeing-Title-Fight-Upon-His-Return-191662

Why are the UFC guaranteeing so many title shots?

Stop guaranteeing shit, and just let it play out lmao

“So, whenever you get me and then I get hurt, we were supposed to fight, and I have the belt, and he’s promised a title fight. It was just kind of right to do the same thing.”

Kowboy, is a poll really necessary?

The UFC doesn't hold grudges over injuries.
Hill was honest about his, turned over the belt and didn't try to hold up the weightclass.
There's honor in that.
Its a selflessness that's rare in this business.

have no interest in watching that guy fight whatsoever. just puts me to sleep, he can be the main event and it's still a smoke break fight.
wtf? You sure you're not confusing him with someone else? Hill has like a 80% finish rate, and his last fight was a war.

wtf? You sure you're not confusing him with someone else? Hill has like a 80% finish rate, and his last fight was a war.
lol you're right, i read it super fast and thought it was aljamain sterling. too many beers tonight as well, doesn't help.

lol you're right, i read it super fast and thought it was aljamain sterling. too many beers tonight as well, doesn't help.
lol one of the few times on Sherdog where an unreasonable take turns out to be an honest mistake.
I agree about Aljamain though. Enjoy your drinks sherbro

I doubt it

I think the UFC told him what they had to, for him to give up the belt.

He was never meant to be in this position. It was some seriously bizarre situation in the UFC LHW division.

I think the UFC wanted Glover to win the belt again, to set up a future rematch VS Jiri. Their first fight was a banger.

Glover was like half a min away from winning a decision.

Maybe eventually. I doubt the UFC will give him an automatic title shot right away.

Who would watch, really?

Ooof... :(

Why are the UFC guaranteeing so many title shots?

Stop guaranteeing shit, and just let it play out lmao

Kowboy, is a poll really necessary?

The UFC doesn't hold grudges over injuries.
Hill was honest about his, turned over the belt and didn't try to hold up the weightclass.
There's honor in that.
Its a selflessness that's rare in this business.

I doubt it

I think the UFC told him what they had to, for him to give up the belt.

He was never meant to be in this position. It was some seriously bizarre situation in the UFC LHW division.

I think the UFC wanted Glover to win the belt again, to set up a future rematch VS Jiri. Their first fight was a banger.

Glover was like half a min away from winning a decision.

Maybe eventually. I doubt the UFC will give him an automatic title shot right away.

Who would watch, really?

Makes complete sense.

I would like that he does get his title shot.... champ , vacated (didn't hold up division) ... best for the business...

I can see him getting skipped over by Jan , or the guy Jan went to a draw with... OR OR they somehow sign Nemkov from Bellator and have him fight Jiri... champ vs champ in July... By the time Hill is ready to fight... 205 will be heads above where it has been recently.

Back