Jamahal Hill says UFC guaranteeing title fight upon his return(Alex calls out Izzy)

Will he get his title fight?

• Total voters
I think that even the women are more popular than Jamahal Hill.

Nobody in their right mind would want to fight him. Just not a name on any level. Not capable of carrying a PPV main-event. Not even if he fought Jones.

He definitely deserves a shot. But, I don't think it will happen. Pereira looking to cash in against a big name.

View attachment 1010788

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship light heavyweight king Jamahal Hill is confident he will face the winner of the upcoming UFC 295 vacant title fight between Jiri Prochazka and Alex Pereira next year.

Hill (12-1) vacated the title after suffering a torn Achilles tendon during a pickup basketball game in July. The American was the second consecutive UFC light heavyweight champ to vacate the strap after Prochazka (29-3) needed shoulder surgery following his title victory.

While Hill admits that he was inclined to retain the title until he could recover and return to action, vacating was the right thing to do under the circumstances. “Sweet Dreams” also claimed that Prochazka didn’t vacate the strap before him out of benevolence as was initially advertised.

According to Hill, it was “heavily suggested” to Prochazka, who has also previously admitted that he didn't relinquish the belt of his own volition.

“Originally when it happened, that was my first thought [to hold onto the title], but the thing is they had a deal already in place with Jiri,” the 32-year-old recently told MMA Fighting. “Jiri didn’t just vacate his title. He wasn’t just being a samurai and vacating his title. It was heavily suggested [he should vacate]. There was a deal made where he would fight for it upon his return.”

“So, whenever you get me and then I get hurt, we were supposed to fight, and I have the belt, and he’s promised a title fight. It was just kind of right to do the same thing.”

Having undergone surgery with renowned orthopedic surgeon Dr. Neal ElAttrache, Hill is making a steady recovery and expects to return to training early next year.

“Sweet Dreams” is targeting a return to the Octagon in the second quarter of 2024, for which he claims he has been guaranteed a title fight, champion purse and pay-per-view shares.

Continue Reading
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/J...aranteeing-Title-Fight-Upon-His-Return-191662

I wonder if he asked if Dana saw how he handled Ariel.

Yes hill definitely deserves the next title shot

I'm happy with either fight. The ufc will prob do izzy perreira again cause of the money

He probably got good paydays from his fights with Izzy, probably wants another. He's not getting any younger haha

Both great fights!
But I want to see Poa vs Hill first

I think Alex knows that that fight probably isn't happening and just loves messing with that guy so much he used the opportunity. It also gets in the head of Hill, his obvious next opponent.

But the UFC is full of shit, Hill got his info from a flimsy source. He might get a shot... Depends on who is going to make them money.

I fink it was a good callout and continues the story, either make it very soon before Hill recovers or do It in a few years. But realistically I find it hard to justify Izzy getting the LHW title fight off of a loss to Sean, get that win back first and dominantly enough to not require a rubber.

I still believe Hill should get a chance when he is fit and ready what ever happens before then with the belt. Izzy vs Poatan at LHW feels more fan service and $ making than actually the correct sporting matchmaking decision imo.

I don't care about the Izzy rematch, so Hill next.

I'm fine with either, Hill never seemed like the best LHW at any point anyway. Should still probably go to Hill since Izzy lost his last fight and is 0-1 at LHW.

Hill needs to

Vampires need blood.
Alex needs Izzy.

Interesting I guess but it's weird to have the trilogy at 205. I still haven't gotten over the stoppage either. I like both Pereira and Jiri, Jiri is known for getting hurt but coming back strong and finishing. Would love a rematch more than Pereira vs Izzy 3. Hill makes the most sense tho so... Hill vs Pereira and Jiri vs Walker. Ankalaev throwing that knee is on him so let Walker fight Jiri imo.

Got Hill deserving the next shot, this will be a far better test than Izzy.

Hill looked shook

<30>
<28>
<WhatItIs>

I think that even the women are more popular than Jamahal Hill.

Nobody in their right mind would want to fight him. Just not a name on any level. Not capable of carrying a PPV main-event. Not even if he fought Jones.

He definitely deserves a shot. But, I don't think it will happen. Pereira looking to cash in against a big name.

I wonder if he asked if Dana saw how he handled Ariel.

Ah yes the guy that i keep forgetting that he exists lol

200w.gif
200w.gif
200w.gif

Jamal Hill title fight? That will put butts in the seats.

I don’t think Alex is looking for favourable matches, I don’t think he’s worried at all who’s standing across the cage from him . I think he dislikes Izzy even though he respects him and he hates the fact that he lost to him .
Hill is an excellent fighter, but he’s a bit delusional to think the ufc will keep their word and not step over him if they feel they can make more money by pairing Alex with Izzy

Back