News Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson - SAT JULY 20 on NETFLIX

Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul - Who wins?

• Total voters
We all hate to think it but it's gotta be right.

You look at him training and think sure, Mike would make mincemeat of some guy on the street even now. But Jake Paul has been a full time pro for years now and held his own against at least one pro boxer the same age (Fury, who you can argue isn't high level, but he's a standard lower level pro who knows what he's doing). Not the same thing.
its a cruiser v HW

how?

how in the fuck is the athletic commission sanctioning this?

This is a tell that Jakes going to try to KO Tyson. He wants it on his record and I imagine his camp is one that pushed for that.

Tyson v RJJ was an exhibition despite the age difference being only 3 years.

Sad reality is if you're not Nevada, New York, New Jersey or California you probably want the event more than the event wants you.

technically speaking Tyson's composure is still sound. You can see some clever camera tricks that make him look better than he is. Keep in mind from what we saw against RJJ the impact of his punches has dwindled unless he was holding back as many suggest, but I doubt it. Paul v Fury showcased him as a one trick pony, at least up to that point unless he has improved. Can Tyson get arounf the overhand right? Yes I think so. Can he KO Jake? Yes but based on body weight and not power. Over hand right + bob and weave = counter straight. I think we will see a lot of this procedure before any definitive KO. If Tyson can't KO him with this in the first few rounds we can say his power is gone but technically speaking Tyson does have the tools to hold the fight.

Last edited:
It’s only April ,you guys are absolutely crazy if you think Tyson won’t get sharper as the fight gets closer ,right now he’s better at boxing then Jake ..right now only his stamina may fail him but he’s got months to prepare fir this ,yea he’ll be about 59 but if I didn’t know better I’d think Jake is some monster boxer going by most posts on here ? Come on man Tyson could’ve ran Ngannou into the ground in that training camp had he taken over it . Lol

Motivated Mike is another animal you guys are gonna remember that again after he knocks Jake out if indeed it’s a real fight . Lol

Anyone who thinks Tyson has anything for Jake at this stage is delusional. Do I have to keep reminding people that Tyson got destroyed by Kevin McBride and Danny Williams and that was 20 freaking years ago!

Anyone who thinks Tyson has anything for Jake at this stage is delusional. Do I have to keep reminding people that Tyson got destroyed by Kevin McBride and Danny Williams and that was 20 freaking years ago!
unfortunately, this is correct. he's simply too old.

that said, both those guys from 2004 would end jake today. he lost to tommy fury, for fuck's sake.

youre absolutely right
but please let me be delusional
the thought of living in timeline where a former Disney kid/viral rapper beats Mike Tyson in a sanctioned boxing match gives me feelings of dread
goddamn it Harambe why did you have to die, none of this wouldve happened

that said, both those guys from 2004 would end jake today. he lost to tommy fury, for fuck's sake.
I would tend to agree with that. Danny Williams in 2004 was still a dangerous fighter and I happened to run into Kevin McBride a few years ago (in a hardware store of all places) and he is an absolute giant of a man.

It's a guy in his prime vs a guy who is eligible for senior discount bus passes and medical prescriptions (where I come from anyway).
It's Mike Tyson though. That means something

I hope it's a spectacular KO for Tyson!

I keep saying this exact thing to people who don't watch boxing. Jake is not nearly as good as Williams was and not nearly the size of McBride, but the principle still applies. How much worse is Tyson 20 year later? I would guess he is about 20% as good as he was in 2004.

Assuming this is an unscripted match (unlike Tyson vs. Roy), Tyson maybe has a chance in round 1. After that, he is going to gas out and be far too slow for Jake.

Not to mention he is being carried by PEDs at this stage of his career and also got fat as hell some time after retirement. His body looks great for his age but that doesn't change the fact he is a 58 year old man. I know they are different people, but look at Holyfield vs. Belfort.

I keep saying this exact thing to people who don't watch boxing. Jake is not nearly as good as Williams was and not nearly the size of McBride, but the principle still applies. How much worse is Tyson 20 year later? I would guess he is about 20% as good as he was in 2004.

Assuming this is an unscripted match (unlike Tyson vs. Roy), Tyson maybe has a chance in round 1. After that, he is going to gas out and be far too slow for Jake.

Not to mention he is being carried by PEDs at this stage of his career and also got fat as hell some time after retirement. His body looks great for his age but that doesn't change the fact he is a 58 year old man. I know they are different people, but look at
Holyfield vs Belfort is a perfect example. You might look great but if you’re pushing 60 you’re just not the same person inside anymore.

Last edited:
If Paul is even as remotely "good" as he seems he will crush Tyson.

Sad stuff.

I posted before Holyfield-Belfort that I thought Belfort would win easily and it was shameful (it was).

I've seen videos where guys like Robert Garcia and Jeff Mayweather stepped in and boxed scrubby amateurs at close to 50 and they fought even with guys who were being respectful.

Floyd Sr did gas out Charlie Z but you could tell watching that video he would have nothing for anyone legitimately taking boxing serious and actually trying. I bet he was younger than 58 at that time. Old guys can look great drilling, and some can even mix it up... but they have no business getting in there taking real punches at that age.

I'd take a large number of decent amateurs and any respectable pro at 160+ under the age of 30 to beat Tyson.

People always understate the importance of sheer physicality in a fight. If this were to be a real fight, Jake Paul would knock Mike Tyson out cold just by virtue of being younger and in top shape. It doesn't matter how much technique or experience you have if you don't have the body to execute the fight.

Back