News Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson - SAT JULY 20 on NETFLIX

Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul - Who wins?

• Total voters
Jake Paul doesnt need any money but he still wants to fight elite combat athletes

Pauls balls are almost as wide as Usyks

Jake Paul doesnt need any money but he still wants to fight elite combat athletes

Pauls balls are almost as wide as Usyks

Yeah, I may go to the nursing home and see if I can find any old guys who were Golden Glove boxers back in the 60s and challenge them. No better way to prove my manhood!

Is going to be a sad day if/when Jake Pauls KO's Mike Tyson, is this thing going to be an exhibition tho? Automatic draw if it goes the distance?

X factor here is modern peds and stem cell treatments and likely lack of testing for this fight... a 58yo today is nothing like any 58yo before.

Everyone is talking about what happens when Mike hits Jake, but nobody is asking what happens if Jake hits a 60 year old mike?
Exactly, Jake is far more likely to be able to absorb and recover from a shot than Mike.

Elite combat athletes active in the last 2 decades? Or old guys retired for 20 years who smoke weed for a living?
I don't know, man. You seen Tyson hitting the mitts lately? See the shape he's in(and has maintained)?Granted, he would be meat to a respectable Boxer, but Jake Paul is not that. Paul is a wildcard who has mostly fought MMA washouts and bums. I wouldn't count Tyson out on this one. Even at his age, he knows what the fuck he's doing. That shit doesn't go away, and what he knows about Boxing is a million times more than what Jake knows.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Tyson KO'd him in 15 seconds. A slip here, a punch there, it's over.

I don't know, man. You seen Tyson hitting the mitts lately? See the shape he's in(and has maintained)?Granted, he would be meat to a respectable Boxer, but Jake Paul is not that. Paul is a wildcard who has mostly fought MMA washouts and bums. I wouldn't count Tyson out on this one. Even at his age, he knows what the fuck he's doing. That shit doesn't go away, and what he knows about Boxing is a million times more than what Jake knows.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Tyson KO'd him in 15 seconds. A slip here, a punch there, it's over.

Boxing legend or not. Iron Mike is not a superhero, he's a sports legend 20 years retired you used to get punched in the face for a living and who retired because that was too dangerous for him to continue. There's 3 good reasons I just feel this fight is really putting me off.

• Mike looks good on the pads in clips done with fast edits to increase the excitement. But slow motion to clips of him in his prime. You retire because your body isn't as quick as your mind any more. I don't think weed is great for reflexes either.

• And the pads don't hit back. Generally a fighters chin is one of the first signs they've fought too long. It's kinda sick to want to hit a guy that age full force, in shape or not.

• From your 30s, lung capacity declines about 1% per year... that's for anyone, even if you DON'T smoke... So Mike isn't going to sustain movement or pressure for long. If he gasses out, then it's just a punk beating up a defenceless old legend.
It's possible Mike KO's him in 2 minutes. We'd all love to see that. And Mike is big and bad enough to make his own decisions. But if it's a real fight I really don't feel good about it and I won't watch it for those reasons.

Tyson is 20 years on from getting stopped by Danny Williams and Kevin McBride. He should be nowhere near a boxing ring.

Tyson still has his freakish power, so anything can happen. I say if Jake Paul survives the early onslaught of the 1st and 2nd round he should win. But that's easier said than done.

Posters who I have respected for a long time posting about a Tyson onslaught or a Mike by 1st round KO, dudes put your two feet on the ground and use your brains, youtube kid is strong and athletic, as much as you hate Jake Paul, he isn't your 27 year old web developer with eyeglasses sitting who has never been in the gym. Paul is stronger than average for his age and knows boxing basics as he has done quality training for years and years. Yes every cruiserweight or light heavyweight in the top 50 beats him, but not a 58 years old. Never in a lifetime even if kid has one hand tied behind his back. It's a young men business and luckily it's a staged exhibition, otherwise it would be real ugly.

Tyson doesn't have a chance he's too old lol.

That said if it was in his prime it would be a really interesting fight.
In Tyson's prime this would not have been a fight it would have been a murder.

I would say JP is underrated currently but this is seriously overrating him to think he could share a ring with prime Tyson and be competitive. On the other hand if you define interesting as watching someone get killed in the ring then yeah interesting.

Boxing legend or not. Iron Mike is not a superhero, he's a sports legend 20 years retired you used to get punched in the face for a living and who retired because that was too dangerous for him to continue.
Not saying your points aren't valid, they are, but the wildcard for me, is Jake. We don't know how good he really is. Age is obviously a factor, but all things considered, Tyson looks good, and he didn't look out of sorts in his little sparring match with RJJ a little while ago, so I think his conditioning is fine. I think it's an interesting fight.

Granted, it will probably be some semi-fixed rat-a-tat-tat bullshit, but on it's face, I don't think it's a terrible match-up. Lose-Lose for Jake, though. He either beats an old man, or gets beaten by an old man. Must be one hell of payday.

Posters who I have respected for a long time posting about a Tyson onslaught or a Mike by 1st round KO, dudes put your two feet on the ground and use your brains, youtube kid is strong and athletic, as much as you hate Jake Paul, he isn't your 27 year old web developer with eyeglasses sitting who has never been in the gym. Paul is stronger than average for his age and knows boxing basics as he has done quality training for years and years. Yes every cruiserweight or light heavyweight in the top 50 beats him, but not a 58 years old. Never in a lifetime even if kid has one hand tied behind his back. It's a young men business and luckily it's a staged exhibition, otherwise it would be real ugly.
no i am choosing to believe in Tyson even if it is delusional because the last thing this cursed timeline needs is Jake Paul knocking him out
goddamn it why did they have to kill Harambe, none of this wouldve happened

Back