News Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs Shamil Gaziev set to headline on March 2

Who wins?

• Total voters
Got told the previously announced fight between Rozenstruik and Gaziev will go ahead and headline UFCVegas87 on March 2 @Safton

I'm an unrepentant Gaziev fanboy and I think that's a bit weird, TBH. Shamil is a solid prospect to watch at HW and all, but he just hasn't established himself yet inside the UFC and Rozenstruik is not relevant right now. Those two could Co-Main a Fight Night or be somewhere on a PPV undercard... but headlining anything at this stage? Nah. You're just going to get a lot of confused fans at a time when people are already complaining about watered-down cards.

I also ironically think this plays into Rozenstruik's hands. Jairzinho carries his power late and Shamil has a suspect gas tank. This basically means Gaziev needs to finish him early and can't rely on just grinding out a Decision with his wrestling and clinch game.

Last edited:
I'm an unrepentant Gaziev fanboy and I think that's totally unwarranted, TBH. Shamil is a solid prospect to watch at HW and all, but he just hasn't established himself yet inside the UFC and Rozenstruik is not relevant right now. Those two could Co-Main a Fight Night or be somewhere on a PPV undercard... but headlining anything at this stage? Nah.

I also ironically think this plays into Rozenstruik's hands. Jairzinho carries his power late and Shamil has a suspect gas tank. This basically means Gaziev needs to finish him early and can't rely on just grinding out a Decision with his wrestling and clinch game.

Its an Apex show and Gaziev is a prospect they are gonna push right into being one of new contenders. This is fine for a main event. I know everyone hates the Apex but this kind of fight is really what the point of Apex shows should be which is like SF Challengers.

Highlighting up and coming guys, fights that couldnt main event a crowd show etc. yeah of course thats not why UFC is doing it we all know its about saving money but doesnt take away that they really are a challengers style show, the UFC's C show.

Its an Apex show and Gaziev is a prospect they are gonna push right into being one of new contenders. This is fine for a main event. I know everyone hates the Apex but this kind of fight is really what the point of Apex shows should be which is like SF Challengers.

Highlighting up and coming guys, fights that couldnt main event a crowd show etc. yeah of course thats not why UFC is doing it we all know its about saving money but doesnt take away that they really are a challengers style show, the UFC's C show.

It being an Apex show shouldn't inherently mean that they throw any two dudes together for ???? reasons. I don't even dislike the Apex, to be honest. But I tend to agree with most that Fight Night headliners should be reserved for bouts between two ranked contenders who are in some way relevant(ish) to their division. There is really no reason this fight couldn't have been a Co-Main IMO.

Last edited:
Frozenstruik is still in the UFC
thought he was long gone already lols

Hard to have much confidence in Rozenstruik these days. He's so 1 dimensional.

I was honestly expecting this event to get cancelled after the Saudi Arabia date got moved. I’ll take a Rozenstruik main event over having a hole in the calendar but my expectations are low.

Last edited:

Every 3/4 cards is an Apex card so you are basically saying people should be happy about 75% of the cards being crap.

shamil better get his wrestling shoes out.
that's the easiest path to victory for him.

Yikes that is a weak main event - makes Dolidze-Imavov and Pyfer-Hermansson look like godsends in comparison

Desperate UFN headliners for the past 12 months or so, absolutely desparate. As someone who enjoys HWs, I'm getting offended now at their continuous use of Rozenstruik in main events.

Personally I would have gone with Mokaev Perez as the main event, Mokaev is 5-0 and Perez a former title challenger.

Rozenstruik vs Black Beast would of made far more sense in this circumstance but whatever...
<HisEye>

Back