News Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs Shamil Gaziev set to headline on March 2

Who wins?

• Total voters
I genuinely wonder who pays to attend these cards in person. I wouldn't go and see this if it was free in my living room and the majority of fight night cards are like that now. Seriously, who pays to watch these?
it’s pretty self explanatory, the UFC has been slowly expanding their footing in the
Middle East. Lots of people from that particular region will come out and support anyone with their beliefs or anyone from the Middle East for that matter. Close to 11,000 attended a Bellator event in Tel Aviv, Israel that was headlined by Noad Lahat & Jeremiah Labiano. With the recent success of the Abu Dhabi, I’m sure this card will have decent attendance

Fight Night Cards are usually to showcase up and coming fighters and or veteran fighters who are usually in the middle of the pack, big difference from the numbered UFC events.

it’s pretty self explanatory, the UFC has been slowly expanding their footing in the
Middle East. Lots of people from that particular region will come out and support anyone with their beliefs or anyone from the Middle East for that matter. Close to 11,000 attended a Bellator event in Tel Aviv, Israel that was headlined by Noad Lahat & Jeremiah Labiano. With the recent success of the Abu Dhabi, I’m sure this card will have decent attendance

Fight Night Cards are usually to showcase up and coming fighters and or veteran fighters who are usually in the middle of the pack, big difference from the numbered UFC events.
This problem is not exclusive to the Middle East. Fight night cards used to be top heavy with maybe 1-2 important fights but wow in the last 3 years, even the main events are completely skippable.

Rozenstriuk has 2 wins in the last 4 years (neither of which are in the UFC), has never sniffed a title shot and is completely irrelevant, and he's main eventing against a guy with 1 fight in the UFC? Again, I ask... who would pay actual money to see that in person?

It's like the UFC is playing limbo and seeing how low they can drop the quality of cards until people just flat out stop watching... every month or 2 seems to have a new contender for "worst card of all time"

This problem is not exclusive to the Middle East. Fight night cards used to be top heavy with maybe 1-2 important fights but wow in the last 3 years, even the main events are completely skippable.

Rozenstriuk has 2 wins in the last 4 years (neither of which are in the UFC), has never sniffed a title shot and is completely irrelevant, and he's main eventing against a guy with 1 fight in the UFC? Again, I ask... who would pay actual money to see that in person?

It's like the UFC is playing limbo and seeing how low they can drop the quality of cards until people just flat out stop watching... every month or 2 seems to have a new contender for "worst card of all time"
You sound like someone who has lost interest in MMA. Maybe there's something better you can do with your spare time than browsing and posting on MMA forums?

Man I hope they send a better fighter or two. That’s a big market for ufc to potentially carve out long term space in.

I believe you over exaggerating with saying the main events are totally skippable for the last 3years, I’m putting aside the Apex cards which has minimal attendance which they really need get out, but here are of the last 5 fight night events that were open to public attendance Almedia vs Lewis, Grasso vs Shevchenko, Gane vs Spivak, Holloway vs The Korean Zombie, Sandhagen vs Font. Literally none of those main events are skippable and they all occurred in the last 6months.

You underestimate the power of the name value of the “UFC” lots of people will pay to just go see an event when it’s the first time in the region. If we’re going to talk how great the card is, it isn’t. But you asked who pay to watch it? Lots of people will.

“Worst card of all time.” Is usually an opinion and pre event. Once the even occurs you don’t hear much of that.

In your opinion aside from this Saudi Arabia card, what was the last “worst card of card of all time.” that was open to attendance?

I genuinely wonder who pays to attend these cards in person. I wouldn't go and see this if it was free in my living room and the majority of fight night cards are like that now. Seriously, who pays to watch these?
Fans

UFC Saudi Arabia takes place on March 2, 2024 at the Kingdom Arena in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The following fights have been reported for the event:
1705255896661.png

Mokaev and Gaziev are surging prospects that appeal to the Saudi crowd. Nothing wrong with the card, except a bit lacking in big names.

2 March? It's March 2, they haven't fought before.

Please change the phrasing of your topic because it reads like they had a match before

So the Saudis are paying for them to fight twice that's kinda cool. That's a really depressing card bug I hope they get the man on man grinding they pay the big bucks for overe there

will watch only because Ya Boi Eryk Anders is on the card. Did you know he played for Alabama?

So sick of the UFC giving the least talented fighters the main event spot just because they're big HWs.

Rozen is garbage.

The bout is still listed as a standard 3-round fight on other sources, with that outlet being the only one to mention it being a headliner. If it's true, crazy push for Gaziev TBH. Not sure I've seen the UFC get behind a new contender like this in a while.

UFC Saudi Arabia takes place on March 2, 2024 at the Kingdom Arena in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The following fights have been reported for the event:
View attachment 1023597
That is already a solid fight night.

Honestly, so much of the complaining about cards is just a sign of someone who is out of touch with the current roster.

I still want to see black beast vs bigi boi before they hang em up

Got told the previously announced fight between Rozenstruik and Gaziev will go ahead and headline UFCVegas87 on March 2 @Safton

Back