Jack Slack: "There are at least 10 fighters in MMA more skilled than DJ"

Jack Slack was once a breath of fresh air.

Now he's up his own arse. Has been for a couple of years. So pompous.

I find Jack Slack knows what he's talking about a hell of a lot more than he doesn't so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

That list is trash. I've narrowed it down to the ones that aren't completely laughable.
why would you not include dc or mousasi? dc is undefeated at HW, beat everyone except the literal goat at LHW. mousasi is in DJs own top 5 GOAT list

I remember the time Dom shit on Jack Slack.

More fighters should shit on Jack Slack IMO.

MM's boxing is kinda meh to be honest

But everything else is stellar. Clinch, wrestling, jiu jitsu, cardio, fight IQ, timing, distance management etc.

Nobody is as well rounded.

Tj, Cruz, Edgar and Aldo are the only ones not too far behind but MM mixes it all better than everyone.

Jack Slack is a reddit creation and therefore fucking retarded.

Reis... A career journeyman. DJ beats him and now he's on the Mount Rushmore of MMA.

Such amazing promotion. I swear if UFc and wsof changed rosters many fans would say the UFc has the better fighters.
A credit to zuffa.

Nope. Guy is the P4P king for a reason. Not his fault he has lapped the 125 division twice.

Who cares what this gif merchant has to say. Has he ever correctly predicted a fight?

Rockholt? He has worse wrestling by far and on the feet he got stopped by Vitor and Bisping. Jones maybe but he also has worse striking than DJ easily, Romero is awkward it's hard to rate him on the conventional skill scale by which Dj does a lot of things better textbook wise and he hasn#t even wona belt yet and much less defended it many times.
Dillashaw yes maybe also Cruz and Garbrandt possibly. Aldo yes possibly. Conor as well but he is less well rounded by a mile. So Jones (very very arguable, Cruz, Dillashaw and Aldo, that's it. that's 4 guys and looking at Jones' last outing he probably shouldn't be on that list at the moment

GSP got arguably beat by Hendricks, hasn't fought for several years and might be past it. he is still pretty much retired anyway until he actually fights

how many sub wins does Romero have? How good is Rockholds wrestling? how many subs or takedowns does Aldo get in a fight? TJ is someone who is easily on MM's level when overall skill is mentioned. Also Jones doesnt put it altogether like MM, so no... he isnt on the same level. Neither is GSP because he mainly used to wrestle and hardly ever finished

so no, you fail

I don't think Romero and Rockhold are more skilled than MM. You can argue that for the other 4, but then finding another 6 fighters is gonna be fucking impossible won't it.

maybe i should have been more clear:

i didnt say better in all areas.

obviously Mouse can outwrestle Rockhold, but i give Rockhold superior jitz and way better kickboxing against superior opponents.

id add Moose to my list.

as many have said, if he was the best in the world he would have handled Cruz.

Mouse wont even fight average 135ers.

why would you not include dc or mousasi? dc is undefeated at HW, beat everyone except the literal goat at LHW. mousasi is in DJs own top 5 GOAT list
DJ's goat list is bogus, and DC isn't one of the most skilled. He's the beneficiary of a weak LHW division.

Reality is, DC's record against top five guys is a loss, a split decision win, and two victories over crumble. One of which he got dropped. He is only hanging onto the belt by his fingertips, and will lose to Jones in the rematch.

There are at least 100 MMA writers more skilled than Jack Slack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back