Jack Slack: "There are at least 10 fighters in MMA more skilled than DJ"

Cyborg is a scumbag cheater who has fought 1 decent opponent and refuses to fight women her own size.

Aldo is an appropriate example even if he is a. Pussy.

you are just repeating what they've repeated in the last years.
take a step behind and look: do you understand how it works?

Romero, Silva, Mousasi, Rockhold, Cormier, Jones, GSP, Velasquez, McDonald, Gustaffson, Lawler, Dillashaw, Cruz, Garbrandt, McGregor, Aldo...

If he wasn't hiding at a weight class which restricts 99.9% of the male population from ever competing, a division with a far lower threat of damage in comparison to heavier classes, he would have lost a whole lot more.

Why can't he just fight at 135lb where there is more competition? Because he'd lose. That's why. If he's so skilled, why doesn't he go up and take the 135lb belt. He would still have to cut to make the weight.

No he wouldn't, and that's not what P4P is.

Yes it fucking is. If you take out size etc and gauge it on skill alone that is P4P (resume, Belts and pedormances are taken into account as well. )

I like Jack Slacks breakdowns but Put the fucking crackpipe down........... You don't even have to look at his so called "Shallow division" Just look at his skillset and how he applies them and look at the rate of development he has had as well. He hasnt even reached his ceiling yet.

How anyone can try to discredit DJ is beyond me the man is an animal and easily the p4p GOAT. (Although in my heart of Hearts Fedor will always be GOAT)
P4P is bullshit. Fairytales to make smaller fighters look better and discredit the bigger guys. Always has and always will be.

I assume people who believe in P4P also believe in the bible. Just a bunch of fairytale bologna.

If DJ was the same size he would beat them all and it isn't even debatable. That is what P4P is ypu fucking Pleb.

Nope lol. Pound for pound assessing performance regardless of size is DIFFERENT than saying if DJ was 6 feet tall he would beat them all.
If DJ was scaled up, he would likely not be able to move with the same tenacity and pop that he has at FLW. Square cube law.

Nope lol. Pound for pound assessing performance regardless of size is DIFFERENT than saying if DJ was 6 feet tall he would beat them all.
If DJ was scaled up, he would likely not be able to move with the same tenacity and pop that he has at FLW. Square cube law.
This P4P talk is nonsense. DJ would still have to cut weight to make 135lb so unless he can win the 135lb belt, how can he be ranked above the 135lb champ... It's a joke.

DJ's striking is very overrated. Fans think he has great footwork just because he's fast and moves a lot.

Romero, Silva, Mousasi, Rockhold, Cormier, Jones, GSP, Velasquez, McDonald, Gustaffson, Lawler, Dillashaw, Cruz, Garbrandt, McGregor, Aldo...

If he wasn't hiding at a weight class which restricts 99.9% of the male population from ever competing, a division with a far lower threat of damage in comparison to heavier classes, he would have lost a whole lot more.

Why can't he just fight at 135lb where there is more competition? Because he'd lose. That's why. If he's so skilled, why doesn't he go up and take the 135lb belt. He would still have to cut to make the weight.

giphy.gif

DJ's striking is very overrated. Fans think he has great footwork just because he's fast and moves a lot.

He might be the best fighter in the sport at cutting off the cage (something a lot of fighters are terrible at). His striking can probably be overrated by some in certain respects, but his footwork is extremely good for MMA.

Not sure I agree with your list of fighters, but otherwise a good point.

To be fair, I think the reason is he wants to set the record. But who knows?

IM SURE YOU MUTHAFUCKAS WILL FLAME THIS,
BUT HERE YAS GO-

And for starters, my criteria WASNT just better P4P, but better in ATLEAST 2 AREAS.

GSP (does he count?)

Aldo
Rockhold
Jones
Romero
Dillashaw

Thats 5, I may have 5-7 more in me.

DJs QUITE GOOD, AND HUME IS AMAZING.

but DJs comp in general average to sucks.

when the skill disparity is THAT LARGE, its much easier to look great.

My 10 yr olds an MMA P4P whens hes going against his 5 yr old brother.

Luke Rockhold is more skilled than DJ? Romero???

Not sure if he is the most skilled. But 10 more skilled? Jack Slack tries a bit hard to be a MMA hipster. I can't think of 10 5 tops and even that is arguable

Lemme try...

Cody
TJ
Cruz
Aldo
Conor
Wonderboy
Maia
Romero
Bones
DC

Yup. That's 10.

Now I know that a lot of Sherdoggers will argue that because a 200 lb man can't do the same things a 125 lb man can do he's less skilled... but my answer, as always, is that a 125 lb man can't do the same things a 200 lb man can do, either.

Besides which, every one of those guys kicks MM's ass head to head.

I put Romero as more skilled. Why not?

At wrestling? Sure.

You'd really say he's a more complete and technical striker than DJ? Romero does athletic and unorthodox stuff in the standup but I don't know that he's more well rounded or skilled overall in the striking game.

Yoel can definitely put you to sleep but a lot of that comes from physical gifts he possesses and not pure technical skills.

Lemme try...

Cody
TJ
Cruz
Aldo
Conor
Wonderboy
Maia
Romero
Bones
DC

Yup. That's 10.

Now I know that a lot of Sherdoggers will argue that because a 200 lb man can't do the same things a 125 lb man can do he's less skilled... but my answer, as always, is that a 125 lb man can't do the same things a 200 lb man can do, either.

Besides which, every one of those guys kicks MM's ass head to head.

The thing with Conor is that he is pretty one dimensional. Now I don't have anythign against one dimenional fighters i prefer strikers but you tell me MMM's clinch, his at least decent striking, his wrestling and his grappling combined are display less skill than Conor? Wonder? Really? he isn't even the best WW he never won a belt, who knows if he ever will and he has shown plenty of weakenss he hasn't achieved anything like MM has.
Maia? Wtf he has never wona belt, rpobably never will is one dimensional as you can be, barely beat Masvidal and gets wrecked against elite WWs or has at leats in the past.
Romero is unconventional and hasn't displayed that skill yet let's see if he beats Whitaker and wins the real title and defends afterwards.
Bones yes but he hasn't foguht in a long time and looked very meh in his last fight so going by that probably not.
DC maybe just like Jones it depends on their fight

10? There is like 500 better. I think every LW up woud beat his ass. 90% of FW and 75% of BWs.

Back