ITT we vote for our favorite movie of 2017 and also give our Top 10s

Your favorite movie of 2017!

• Total voters
I only saw Blade Runner, and that was prob a 6/10. Also wanted to see Baby Driver but never got round to it

It wasn't meant to trigger you or insult you. It was more of a comfort gif because of your hectic schedule. I don't know how you saw it as a slight against you.

I don't know.....I guess I Ass outta you and me'd that it was some dig at being old and lame ( since I kinda am ) because of the geriatric old lady in the gif. My apologies

I probably have to watch it again but it does jump too much in between time periods without explanation. One scene they show Fawcett exploring the tribes and then the next scene they show him fighting serving in the british army fighting in the war

It does jump between time periods, but I don't recall it just doing so randomly with no explanation. I'd say give it another watch.

It's interesting to compare to the movie to the book, which I read after I watched the movie. There really is so much more to the story that the movie just doesn't have time to get into.

1. THE LAST JEDI / BLADE RUNNER 2049 / LOGAN LUCKY
  2. WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES
  3. LOGAN
  4. KINGSMAN GOLDEN CIRCLE
  5. THOR RAGNAROK
  6. BABY DRIVER
  7. COCO
  8. SHAPE OF WATER
  9. GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2
  10. CARS 3

• THREE BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING MISSOURI
  • JOHN WICK 2
  • ALIEN COVENANT
  • SPLIT
  • ATOMIC BLONDE
  • HITMAN'S BODYGUARD
  • SPIDERMAN HOMECOMING
  • JUSTICE LEAGUE
  • WAR ON EVERYONE
  • GHOST IN THE SHELL
  • WONDER WOMAN
  • MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS
  • ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD

• FATE OF THE FURIOUS
  • DUNKIRK
  • LOVING VINCENT
  • KILLING OF SACRED DEER
  • VALERIAN
  • TRANSFORMERS LAST KNIGHT
  • THE DARK TOWER
  • KONG SKULL ISLAND
  • FREE FIRE

Here's a little bit of trivia about 2017 Films: it was the year of "Take Me Home, Country Roads," which feature pivotally in three different films.

KINGSMAN GOLDEN CIRCLE, which featured Channing Tatum, who starred in LOGAN LUCKY, which featured Katherine Waterston, who starred in ALIEN COVENANT.

Here's a little trivia about Katherine Waterston. She hit the movie scene looking like this:

inherent-vice.jpg

FOR LIKE ONE FILM.

Then quickly she was in like three back to back features looking like:

katherine-waterston__1.jpg

Long Hair:
katherine-waterston.jpg

Short Hair:
1478463835170.jpg

Long Hair:
220px-Katherine%2BWaterston%2B2015%2BFilm%2BIndependent%2BR6i4MCPQAsql.jpg

Short Hair:
image.jpg

1412061063413_wps_38_Still_from_INHERENT_VICE_.jpg

Last edited:
Are you SURE you're serious about Ghost in the Shell and Alien: Covenant? And are you SURE you're serious that motherfuckin' Death Note is in contention?
Ghost in the shell was alright. It captured the feel of the world without any depth. Jojo is hot as shit. Her performance is good. Good design and production. No spiritual depth no heart and soul. Doesn't deserve to be that high on anyone's list.

Alien covenant... holy fuck what an absolute disaster

Some good films last year actually

It was a surprisingly strong year for movies when all was said and done. I think most people who think it was weak just didn't watch enough movies. We got some real gems in 2017.

My top 10 from what i've seen (should have watched Blade Runner really)

Yes, you should've watched Blade Runner.

5). The Autopsy of Jane Doe (Not in the list by Shadow)

7). Annabelle: Creation (Not in the list by Shadow)

10). Justice League (Not in the list by Shadow)

13). Alien: Covenant (Not in the list by Shadow)

I haven't seen The Autopsy of Jane Doe or Annabelle: Creation yet.

I'm surprised you have Justice League ahead of Spider-Man.

Alien: Covenant should be more like #35, not 13 LOL.

Ghost in the shell was alright. It captured the feel of the world without any depth. Jojo is hot as shit. Her performance is good. Good design and production. No spiritual depth no heart and soul. Doesn't deserve to be that high on anyone's list.

Alien covenant... holy fuck what an absolute disaster
I thought Ghost in the Shell would be worse than I thought but it turned out alright. Definately right about Alien Covenant . I also don't know why they made the spoiler and twist so obvious in the movie in this day and age.

The David and Walter fight scene where the knife was shown so you know that they would switch places

went with blade runner. As much as i love the John Wick films, and they're basically my go to action flick (even when doing stuff around the house for background noise. I felt that BR2049 had a deeper storyline. And, i had nerver watched BR, so i watched the first before 2049.

in no specific order i really liked these movies i watched in 2017, they may not even be from 2017, but i watched them last year
1. john wick
2. guardians 2
3. baby driver
4. wonder woman
5. going in style
6. annabelle creation
7. logan
8. spotlight
9. whiplash
10. war for planet of the apes

i was trying to remember more drama movies but i couldn't. If i remember, I'll amend my list

Going in style . . . now that's an unexpected mention in someone's Top 10.

I think I, Tonya is my fav of the year.

Hmm, still wanna watch a couple of more, but I did enjoy Get Out, It, Lady Bird, Annabelle, and Creep 2.

Fucking hated Blame. I think that was a 2017 film. Has a lot of praise and good ratings, but I couldn’t stand it tbh.

Oh. I thought Baywatch was surprisingly decent. Had some luls.

Going in style . . . now that's an unexpected mention in someone's Top 10.
i really enjoyed the movie. Didn't even hear about it, until i saw a preview of it while watching a blu ray i can't remember. I thought it was a pretty cool heist movie. And you can't go wrong with alan arkin, freeman and caine.

It was a surprisingly strong year for movies when all was said and done. I think most people who think it was weak just didn't watch enough movies. We got some real gems in 2017.

Yes, you should've watched Blade Runner.

I haven't seen The Autopsy of Jane Doe or Annabelle: Creation yet.

I'm surprised you have Justice League ahead of Spider-Man.

Alien: Covenant should be more like #35, not 13 LOL.
Yeah kinda regret not seeing in cinema tbh.

You should definately check them out especially Jane Doe.

To be honest 5-13 is kinda all over the place, I watche JL again and I guess watching it without critiquing it I enjoyed it alot more, I did enjoy Spider-Man aswell to be honest.

I kinda just threw Alien in there lol I have two views on Alien.

First is if you watch it being a fan of the franchise and excited to see where the story goes from Prometheus and how it all ties in to the original Alien then it is a 1/10 absolutely shit.

But if you watch it as a just a film about a horror space exploration on a deserted planet then it is actually quite enjoyable. And Fassbender is amazing as always.

But overall my 1-5 picks are what really got me last year.

Nah 2016 was worse. Probably my favorites that year were Sing Street, Nice Guys, Hacksaw Ridge, Hell or Highwater and Arrivalbut other than that pretty bad year

Hacksaw > 2017

Yeah actually just realised hacksaw Ridge was 2017 here in the UK so in that case it goes right up there with IT and Logan for me.

Amazing film.

2018 won't be any different if you are just looking for just drama. Looks like it mostly popcorn comic book flicks. Other than Sicario 2, there doesn't seem to be much. I do look forward to The Meg although the book wasn't too special

This one looks good. . .

And if you get into indie dramas or are a Dakota Fanning fan, this one looks like it could be good as well:

How many of you guys actually watched 10 movies that were released last year ? Seems like " watching movies is a serious hobby for me " level consistency there .

I saw exactly one of those movies , Dunkirk , and it was decent. I'd give it a 7-7.5

I actually kept a list. It was an unusually productive moviewatching year for me, so I got to 61 films. Most years it would've been closer to half of that.

Here you go:

Underworld: Blood Wars
Split
xXx: The Return of Xander Cage
Resident Evil: The Final Chapter
Wheeler
John Wick 2
I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore
The Great Wall
Get Out
Death Note
Kong: Skull Island
Beauty and the Beast
Ghost in the Shell
The Fate of the Furious
The Lost City of Z
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
King Arthur
Alien: Covenant
Death Note
Wonder Woman
Megan Leavey
The Mummy
Baby Driver
Spiderman: Homecoming
Dunkirk
The Big Sick
Atomic Blonde
The Dark Tower
Wind River
The Hitman's Bodyguard
Logan Lucky
What Happened to Monday
It
American Assassin
Kingsman 2
American Made
Flatliners
Battle of the Sexes
Blade Runner 2049
The Foreigner
Happy Death Day
GeoStorm
Only the Brave
Thor: Ragnarok
Daddy's Home 2
Murder on the Orient Express
Justice League
Wonder
Roman J. Israel, Esq.
The Man Who Invented Christmas
The Disaster Artist
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
All the Money in the World
I, Tonya
Lady Bird
The Greatest Showman
The Shape of Water
The Florida Project
The Post

I actually kept a list. It was an unusually productive moviewatching year for me, so I got to 61 films. Most years it would've been closer to half of that.

Here you go:

Underworld: Blood Wars
Split
xXx: The Return of Xander Cage
Resident Evil: The Final Chapter
Wheeler
John Wick 2
I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore
The Great Wall
Get Out
Death Note
Kong: Skull Island
Beauty and the Beast
Ghost in the Shell
The Fate of the Furious
The Lost City of Z
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
King Arthur
Alien: Covenant
Death Note
Wonder Woman
Megan Leavey
The Mummy
Baby Driver
Spiderman: Homecoming
Dunkirk
The Big Sick
Atomic Blonde
The Dark Tower
Wind River
The Hitman's Bodyguard
Logan Lucky
What Happened to Monday
It
American Assassin
Kingsman 2
American Made
Flatliners
Battle of the Sexes
Blade Runner 2049
The Foreigner
Happy Death Day
GeoStorm
Only the Brave
Thor: Ragnarok
Daddy's Home 2
Murder on the Orient Express
Justice League
Wonder
Roman J. Israel, Esq.
The Man Who Invented Christmas
The Disaster Artist
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
All the Money in the World
I, Tonya
Lady Bird
The Greatest Showman
The Shape of Water
The Florida Project
The Post
My issue with your quantity list isn't the amount but why view movies that you know you would dislike. I'm not saying you can't go meathead or bro once in a while but I'm certain XXX:return of Xander isn't a movie that is on your radar

i really enjoyed the movie. Didn't even hear about it, until i saw a preview of it while watching a blu ray i can't remember. I thought it was a pretty cool heist movie. And you can't go wrong with alan arkin, freeman and caine.

I'll have to check it out. I did like the cast.

If you like the old-guys-proving-they're-not-so-fucking-old genre, and you haven't seen it already, then you might want to check out The Bucket List.

My issue with your quantity list isn't the amount but why view movies that you know you would dislike. I'm not saying you can't go meathead or bro once in a while but I'm certain XXX:return of Xander isn't a movie that is on your radar

Every movie on that list I had at least some degree of interest in watching. You're right that xXx was near the bottom of that interest spectrum, but I was still curious to see what a non-Fast and the Furious Vin Diesel movie would look like in 2017 and I also was just curious to know if it would be worth a shit. (Turns out that, no, it's not really worth a shit.)

Another thing I'll mention is that the action/adventure genre has always been my FAVORITE genre in all of film. It's like my home base, if you will. I grew up loving action movies and I still love them. So a lot of times I will be willing to give an action film a chance even if I suspect it won't actually be good.

I'll have to check it out. I did like the cast.

If you like the old-guys-proving-they're-not-so-fucking-old genre, and you haven't seen it already, then you might want to check out The Bucket List.
yeah, bucket list is a must see. I also liked stand up guys. even though many people didn't.

Back