ITT we vote for our favorite movie of 2017 and also give our Top 10s

Your favorite movie of 2017!

• Total voters
I've got a theory that Marvel deliberately made Spider-Man juvenile/young in order to sell more toys. Disney/MS didn't make a dime on the box office returns for the film, Sony did. So it wasn't in their interest to do Spider-Man justice.

To make something on the level of The Dark Knight wouldn't do them any good, but something as toyetic as Spider-Man Homecoming garners them merchandising sales, which they do benefit from greatly. This was coupled with feeding into the fan frenzy of seeing the character on screen for Avengers (where they will make money on ticket sales)

So I'm good on that entire franchise until they own the movie rights again. Won't do the character to his fullest potential in my opinion until that moment comes.

1. John Wick 2
2. Three Billboards
3. Baby Driver
4. Logan
5. Blade Runner 2049
6. Shape of Water
7. Disaster Artist
8. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
9. Logan Lucky
10. Thor Ragnorok

Last edited:
I thought he did well. It was a solid performance.

The movie requires a bit of patience due to its somewhat ponderous pace, but I found a lot to appreciate about it and was happy someone thought it was a worthy project to finance. It only made about $17 million worldwide, which is a real shame. It deserved better than that.
I probably have to watch it again but it does jump too much in between time periods without explanation. One scene they show Fawcett exploring the tribes and then the next scene they show him fighting serving in the british army fighting in the war

Easily Star Wars. The rest of 2017 movies were shit.

Some good films last year actually, was very hard deciding between IT and Logan for me but went with Logan.

Haven't seen any Blade Runners yet.

My biggest surprise last year was Wind River though, that film was awesome and really sad, thrillers like that are amazing.

Also if you haven't watched The Autopsy of Jane Doe, WATCH IT!

My top 10 from what i've seen (should have watched Blade Runner really)

1). Logan
2). IT
3). Wind River
4). John Wick: Chapter 2
5). The Autopsy of Jane Doe (Not in the list by Shadow)
6). War for the Planet of the Apes
7). Annabelle: Creation (Not in the list by Shadow)
8). The Foreigner
9). Dunkirk
10). Justice League (Not in the list by Shadow)
11). Wonder Woman
12). Spider-Man: Home Coming
13). Alien: Covenant (Not in the list by Shadow)

Main ones I didn't watch were Thor, Split and Blade Runner.

Get Out was shit
Guardians of the Galaxy was shit
Star Wars was shit

Here's to 2018 being hopefully a good movie year!!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
went with blade runner. As much as i love the John Wick films, and they're basically my go to action flick (even when doing stuff around the house for background noise. I felt that BR2049 had a deeper storyline. And, i had nerver watched BR, so i watched the first before 2049.

in no specific order i really liked these movies i watched in 2017, they may not even be from 2017, but i watched them last year
1. john wick
2. guardians 2
3. baby driver
4. wonder woman
5. going in style
6. annabelle creation
7. logan
8. spotlight
9. whiplash
10. war for planet of the apes

i was trying to remember more drama movies but i couldn't. If i remember, I'll amend my list

Some good films last year actually, was very hard deciding between IT and Logan for me but went with Logan.

Haven't seen any Blade Runners yet.

My biggest surprise last year was Wind River though, that film was awesome and really sad, thrillers like that are amazing.

Also if you haven't watched The Autopsy of Jane Doe, WATCH IT!

My top 10 from what i've seen (should have watched Blade Runner really)

1). Logan
2). IT
3). Wind River
4). John Wick: Chapter 2
5). The Autopsy of Jane Doe (Not in the list by Shadow)
6). War for the Planet of the Apes
7). The Foreigner
8). Dunkirk
9). Justice League (Not in the list by Shadow)
10). Wonder Woman
11). Spider-Man: Home Coming
12). Alien: Covenant (Not in the list by Shadow)

Main ones I didn't watch were Thor, Split and Blade Runner.

Get Out was shit
Guardians of the Galaxy was shit
Star Wars was shit

Here's to 2018 being hopefully a good movie year!!

giphy.gif
2018 won't be any different if you are just looking for just drama. Looks like it mostly popcorn comic book flicks. Other than Sicario 2, there doesn't seem to be much. I do look forward to The Meg although the book wasn't too special

2018 won't be any different if you are just looking for just drama. Looks like it mostly popcorn comic book flicks. Other than Sicario 2, there doesn't seem to be much. I do look forward to The Meg although the book wasn't too special
Some good horrors hopefully this year.

Sicario 2 I am hoping is just as good as the first.

Annihilation i'm hoping is good.

Not fussed about Comic films this year except Deadpool and Infinity War

went with blade runner. As much as i love the John Wick films, and they're basically my go to action flick (even when doing stuff around the house for background noise. I felt that BR2049 had a deeper storyline. And, i had nerver watched BR, so i watched the first before 2049.

in no specific order i really liked these movies i watched in 2017, they may not even be from 2017, but i watched them last year
1. john wick
2. guardians 2
3. baby driver
4. wonder woman
5. going in style
6. annabelle creation
7. logan
8. spotlight
9. whiplash
10. war for planet of the apes

i was trying to remember more drama movies but i couldn't. If i remember, I'll amend my list
Forgot about annabelle! Loved that

Some good horrors hopefully this year.

Sicario 2 I am hoping is just as good as the first.

Annihilation i'm hoping is good.

Not fussed about Comic films this year except Deadpool and Infinity War
and Isle of Dogs

Voted for Baby Driver but did not see 3 Billboards yet.

Logan was solid too.

from that list- 2017 was a crappy year.

It's a toss up between Mother! And 3 Billboards.

How many of you guys actually watched 10 movies that were released last year ? Seems like " watching movies is a serious hobby for me " level consistency there .

I saw exactly one of those movies , Dunkirk , and it was decent. I'd give it a 7-7.5

Voted for Baby Driver but did not see 3 Billboards yet.

Logan was solid too.

from that list- 2017 was a crappy year.
Nah 2016 was worse. Probably my favorites that year were Sing Street, Nice Guys, Hacksaw Ridge, Hell or Highwater and Arrivalbut other than that pretty bad year

How many of you guys actually watched 10 movies that were released last year ? Seems like " watching movies is a serious hobby for me " level consistency there .

I saw exactly one of those movies , Dunkirk , and it was decent. I'd give it a 7-7.5
2 hours of your life every week and a half isn't much not including travel times in theater if you do see it there

2 hours of your life every week and a half isn't much not including travel times in theater if you do see it there

When have several kids , a wife , a house , a rental , a business and you workout 5 -6 days a week , then yes ......3-4 idle hours a week is a lot.

What a shit year for movies. So far, the Disaster Artist has been the best thing I have seen. Also I would add Killing of a Sacred Deer since it was better than most of the movies on that poll. Shape of Water was laughably bad and is poised to get 15 Oscar noms.

Last edited:

Its alright twerp , one day you to will have more pressing \ interesting shit to do than swap handies with your " buddy " in a darkened room.......and the talk about it.

Just doesnt trip the trigger for me. Sorry not sorry.

Its alright twerp , one day you to will have more pressing \ interesting shit to do than swap handies with your " buddy " in a darkened room.......and the talk about it.

Just doesnt trip the trigger for me. Sorry not sorry.
It wasn't meant to trigger you or insult you. It was more of a comfort gif because of your hectic schedule. I don't know how you saw it as a slight against you.

Back