It's silly to dismiss Cyborg's resume by saying she is a can crusher, while Ronda's resume...

Where exactly did I said Davis was one of the worse?
You deduced that from no valid logical rule of inference. I just got 4 different fighters on each resume to illustrate that the gap doesn't exist and any outcome of a fight between those 4 is possible. Not deserving Davis or any of the girls (which I do respect).

Any outcome of any fight is 'possible', so? Based on the evidence (ie. accomplishments) we have Alexis Davis is a much better fighter than Van Duin and Tweet and would be a clear favorite over them, if you're just talking about 'possible' fight outcomes I could say Cyborg isn't any better than Bethe because Bethe 'could' beat her.

Or Roy Nelson isn't a worse name to have on your resume than Cain because Roy could possibly KO Cain.

Well, given the number of world titles she has, is that so very wrong?

Good question. Honesty, I am not sure. All I know is that Bethe going from zero to world striking expert that Ko's people cold, is a joke. The same goes for many in the division.

It's not really impressive either.

Quoting someone here "Cyborg's resume is filled with 'who's that chick' exception being Gina and Marloes"

But the very same could be said about Ronda's opponents. The only reason the most of them is relatively known is just because they fought Ronda. Bethe Correia, Faith Van Duin, Alexis Davis, Charmaine Tweet (to mention a few) aren't all that far skill-wise. Miesha Tate is a little bit above them, but considering the bigger picture, WMMA is shallow in terms of skill.

If it was not thanks to the UFC work of promotion to sell these girls as much more than they really are (and we are very used to it in male MMA, right Joe?), we wouldn't have even listened about these girls she beat.

I said this very thing in a thread I made about these 2, and some liars were saying how a bunch of MMA fans knew about these 135 lb. chicks. Lyin ass. If they knew about and followed the 135 lb. division so closely, then surely they'd do the same for the 145 lb. division, with a monster like Cyborg in the division. It's like saying they follow FW, but LW of the mens' division for whatever reason. Because they're liars.

JJ is light years ahead of rousey.If she matches her title defense records she will be cemented as WMMA GOAT.

Based on what? Ronda looked even more invincible during her reign than JJ has. Oh but JJ's a striker and her division's 'deeper' even though it really isn't... lol

Since you were critical of his English (and yours is now being corrected by someone who technically speaks English as their second language):

Where exactly did I said Davis was one of the worse?

Worst, not worse?

You deduced that from no valid logical rule of inference.

This is passable, but choppy.

I just got 4 different fighters on each resume to illustrate that the gap doesn't exist and any outcome of a fight between those 4 is possible.

Got should be "chose" or "selected." And you should type out the number four. You have an extra space between "doesn't" and "exist."

Not deserving Davis or any of the girls (which I do respect).

"Deserving" is clearly the wrong word. Perhaps, since English is obviously not your first language, you would like me to assist you?

I have never actually done this to anyone, but you were so terribly pathetic when people disagreed with you that you deserve it. One day, if you ever become a man, you will learn that it is possible for people to disagree and it does not threaten you in such a terrible manner than you immediately have to be a smart-assed little bitch to cover up your own insecurity. And for future reference, you can get away with an attitude, assuming you are correct. Since you were wrong, and you followed up your original post with ad hominem attacks and more errors, you are probably going to get shit on by others as well, for a simple reason: you earned it.

My apologies for shifting to passive voice to illustrate a point in the above paragraph.

You can reply to me if you wish, I will not respond as I have wasted enough time here. This is why I never had children. Should you be critical of my notations here, notations are exempt from proper grammatical rules when editing, since you probably do not know that either, as you frequently have to illustrate mistakes.

Based on what? Ronda looked even more invincible during her reign than JJ has. Oh but JJ's a striker and her division's 'deeper' even though it really isn't... lol

For starters jj is more well rounded.Great striking , good takedown defense.Ronda relies entirely on hip toss and armbar.

Good question. Honesty, I am not sure. All I know is that Bethe going from zero to world striking expert that Ko's people cold, is a joke. The same goes for many in the division.

Bethe was a squash match through-and-through. That fight should never have been made, and was based purely on marketability. I did not like when Pride did that shit either, and I am a Fedor fan. Yeah, the UFC hypes everybody, and the hype is stupid. That does not have anything to do with the actual skill level and records of the two women's respective opponents.

For starters jj is more well rounded.Great striking , good takedown defense.Ronda relies entirely on hip toss and armbar.

That's easily arguable, you could say Ronda has great grappling and pretty good striking offense (3 finishes via strikes in her defenses) while JJ has one win using grappling in her career against a lesser known opponent. So Ronda is more well rounded offensively while you could say JJ is more well rounded defensively.

You can keep re-stating the same thing, but that is simply an argument by assertion. And since logic is clearly not your strong suit, that means it is logically fallacious, and not a valid premise on which to base an argument. Let us see:

"But the very same could be said about Ronda's opponents. The only reason the most of them is relatively known is just because they fought Ronda. Bethe Correia, Faith Van Duin, Alexis Davis, Charmaine Tweet (to mention a few) aren't all that far skill-wise. Miesha Tate is a little bit above them, but considering the bigger picture, WMMA is shallow in terms of skill."

So, in a paragraph about Ronda's opponents, you list five women, four of whom fought Ronda and one of whom fought Cyborg, yet Cyborg is not mentioned. This is not a problem of interpretation, but rather one of communication as you failed to provide context. But what do I know, I only work in research and am required to do things like publish.

Let us continue, because it is not going to get any better:

Everybody knows = argumentum ad populum, yet another logical fallacy. It does not matter how many people share an opinion, that does not make it valid.

Red herring. And I would not. Fujii would be my top pick. The other would also be a Japanese fighter.

I would not, because that would be a straw-man argument. Another fallacy, and apparently in this thread we are leaving them to you.

Assertion again. Repeating it multiple times will make it an argumentum ad nauseam, which still does not make it true.

Compare the number of one-offs and losing record opponents Cyborg has. Compare their winning percentage. You know, compare actual data, which is how you get a valid assessment.

And after two posts of nothing but errors, you are critical of other people's comprehension and language skills? Outstanding.

Nice wikipedia search, dude. This is getting fun.
"And since logic is clearly not your strong suit, that means it is logically fallacious," Oh, let's see your analysis then.

"So, in a paragraph about Ronda's opponents, you list five women, four of whom fought Ronda and one of whom fought Cyborg, yet Cyborg is not mentioned. This is not a problem of interpretation, but rather one of communication as you failed to provide context. But what do I know, I only work in research and am required to do things like publish."

Ok, problem of communication. Simply dividing in paragraphs there to split the ideas would've done the job of making easier to understand, but I can see your point. No problem here.

"Everybody knows = argumentum ad populum, yet another logical fallacy. It does not matter how many people share an opinion, that does not make it valid."

Wrong. It doesn't qualify as argumentum ad populum simply because that's not my point, that's obiter dictum. Mere way of speaking. I'm not arguing that "R3 sucks and everybody knows it" which is what you're implying, that's not central in my argumentation.

"Red herring. And I would not. Fujii would be my top pick. The other would also be a Japanese fighter." Not, it's not a red herring, it's hipothetical situation. In portuguese we often refer to it like i did ("You can say..."), but would be clearer if said "Even if someone...", this would be closest to what I mean. Once again, communication problem, not a logical problem. The validity remains.

"I would not, because that would be a straw-man argument. Another fallacy, and apparently in this thread we are leaving them to you."

Wrong again. The meaning of this statement concerns to a comparison between R3 (arguably, the WMMA GOAT) and other GOAT's. Comparing R3 to Fedor, Andy, GSP, Aldo or Jones shows us how flawed she is, and it indicates how shallow is WMMA, because even being flawed as she is, she still is a GOAT candidate.

"Assertion again. Repeating it multiple times will make it an argumentum ad nauseam, which still does not make it true."

It obviously is an assertion, since it is a conclusion from the premises I've established along the thread. It is not an argument, therefore it is impossible to be argumentum ad nauseam. If you've got a problem with it, you attack the premises from which it derives, not the conclusion, if it logically follows from them. And I've showed it.

Not entirely. Three wins by TKO, despite very shitty striking and apparently having never even seen striking defense or footwork on TV. She also uses a variety of takedowns, although most do revolve around some variation of the Uchi-mata. She even has some very smooth sweeps. Her takedown game is very well rounded (used a single against Tate, etc.)

"You can reply to me if you wish, I will not respond as I have wasted enough time here."

Fool.

Hondas resume: Soccer moms, overhyped contenders, and Cupcake Tate like 5x

The funny part about cupcake is people on here wanted to see the third fight over Holly (a lot anyways not everyone). I was like fuck no I want to see Holly. Holly hadn't looked spectacular but I thought her ability to control the distance might pose an issue for Ronda. Did not expect the domination we saw though.

"Deserving" is clearly the wrong word. Perhaps, since English is obviously not your first language, you would like me to assist you?

I don't know what I was thinking when I used "deserving", I thought something and typed other thing.

I thank you for the english tips.

But if correcting my english is the best you can do to answer my points, I can't help but to feel sorry for you. I'm not trying to be a smart-ass or something like that (and english is not my first language), but you provoked it. Remember?

"Alexis Davis is actually one of the best fighters Ronda has fought though, TS is just ignorant. The moment he listed Davis is the moment you know never to take him seriously again."
Your answer:
"Or the moment he listed one of Cyborg's opponents as one of Ronda's despite never fighting her?"

So don't come and try to be the grown-up, and get out with your holier than thou attitude like you were all flowers and got attacked with no reason by me. I just answered your provocation.

No hard feelings from me, though.

Most of rondas division is garbage. The main reason anyone knows them, is because they fight in the UFC. There's a few exceptions, but her first title "defense" to the belt she was given was against Liz carmouche.

LOL, most of the people Cyborg fought were from Ronda's division.

Back