It's silly to dismiss Cyborg's resume by saying she is a can crusher, while Ronda's resume...

TENxJJh.png

I could tell TS was gonna be honest about the situation when he listed Ronda's opponents and named the 4 worst girls she fought.

Ronda's 3 best wins > better than any Cyborg opponent
Alexis Davis is actually one of the best fighters Ronda has fought though, TS is just ignorant. The moment he listed Davis is the moment you know never to take him seriously again.

soccer moms?
that is like fighting fire fighters
9948585_G.jpg

or engineers
130514140520-shane-carwin-t1bb-single-image-cut.jpg

PS soccer moms that would destroy you

>comparing novelty WMMA to fighters in the oldest legitimate MMA division

Beta male detected*

I'm sure you're shaking in your boots at the thought of uber-athletic Bethe Correia or Alexis Davis who's husband is her coach.

<28>
<28>
<28>

Alexis Davis is actually one of the best fighters Ronda has fought though, TS is just ignorant. The moment he listed Davis is the moment you know never to take him seriously again.

Or the moment he listed one of Cyborg's opponents as one of Ronda's despite never fighting her?

Last edited:
I will probably get shit for this, but Carano was not exactly a notable win either. She had a few Muay Thai fights, quit as soon as she lost, then made her name fighting smaller fighters and frequently missed weight. She had seven fights when she fought Cyborg, and Carano was a blown-up 135'er.

She did blow up very nicely, though. But really she was far more marketable than talented.

At the end of the day, Cyborg's best win has five losses to women at 135 or 125. You cannot say anything close to that about Ronda's competition. Sure, Bethe was a squash match and that fight was an utter joke and should never have been sanctioned. Other than that, well, Ronda fought far superior competition.

If the UFC ever opens a 125 division, that will be the best. Even with women from 125 moving to 115 and 135 because they are the only divisions in the UFC, the 125lbs. division is still the most heavily populated. And should it open, women from 135 will drop and 125 will climb. That should become the marquee division of WMMA in the UFC.

I just don't watch WMMA. That point of the show is the bathroom/snack break, and start a conversation with my friends. Ronda is less skilled than Royce was at UFC 1. If I wanted to watch one dimensional fighters I'd watch old UFCs on Fightpass.

>comparing novelty WMMA to fighters in the oldest legitimate MMA division

Beta male detected*

I'm sure you're shaking in your boots at the thought of uber-athletic Bethe Correia or Alexis Davis who's husband is her coach.

<28>
<28>
<28>

I would take Bethe beating your ass any day of the week. WMMA has been around for years. Even before you got started with the Fox deal or was it Brock? Same thing I guess. Believe it or not, there were women fighting in other orgs before the UFC had wmma

Old news. WMMAs talent pool is shallow. Yes, including Cyborgs past opponents. If you do a search in 2013-2014 for "shallow WMMA", I am sure you will find thousands of posts.

Here's my prediction: If Ronda wins, I bet Valentina Shevchenko will be hyped up to epic portions as a world beater.

Or the moment he listed one of Cyborg's opponents as one of Ronda's despite never fighting her?

Maybe interpretation it's not your strong suit. My list wasn't of common opponents (duh, bethe correia was the first of the list, didn't you noticed?), but a list of opponents each one of them faced that aren't that far skill-wise. There's not a huge gap of skill between R3's opponents and Cy's opponents, they're actually closest than you'd think. And that's because, in general, WMMA, which is very young in development, is shallow when it comes do skill.

Cris and Rousey are the creme de la creme. But everybody knows their flaws, especially R3. Even if you argue that R3 is the GOAT, you can't argue that she's unbeatable, even before Holm. So let's cut the crap: beating who they beat is a nice feat, but they're really close achievements. And neither of them is a "can crusher".

Last edited:
Ronda's division already existed before Ronda. 145 had always been lacking in talent. Stikeforce Cyborg defeated the two relevant names and then the best thing left for her to fight was a japanese dominatrix who had a loss to Hitomi Akano.

Old news. WMMAs talent pool is shallow. Yes, including Cyborgs past opponents. If you do a search in 2013-2014 for "shallow WMMA", I am sure you will find thousands of posts.

Here's my prediction: If Ronda wins, I bet Valentina Shevchenko will be hyped up to epic portions as a world beater.

Well, given the number of world titles she has, is that so very wrong?

It's not really impressive either.

Quoting someone here "Cyborg's resume is filled with 'who's that chick' exception being Gina and Marloes"

But the very same could be said about Ronda's opponents. The only reason the most of them is relatively known is just because they fought Ronda. Bethe Correia, Faith Van Duin, Alexis Davis, Charmaine Tweet (to mention a few) aren't all that far skill-wise. Miesha Tate is a little bit above them, but considering the bigger picture, WMMA is shallow in terms of skill.

If it was not thanks to the UFC work of promotion to sell these girls as much more than they really are (and we are very used to it in male MMA, right Joe?), we wouldn't have even listened about these girls she beat.

I'll give you Bethe. Everybody knows that fight was a grudge match and nothing more. She didn't earn a title shot.

Alexis Davis however is 10x the fighter Tweet and Faith are and 100x more skilled. She's a black belt in Japanese Jui Jitsu and Brazilian Jui Jitsu and has quality stoppage wins over Evinger and Nunes.

The 145 lb division is horrible and even Cyborg agrees. Why else do you think she took a year off to campaign for fights against 135ers?

Oh, another idiot with interpretation problems. Guys, is english really your first language?

The only idiots here are people listing Alexis Davis as an example of Ronda's worse opponents.

The only idiots here are people listing Alexis Davis as an example of Ronda's worse opponents.
Where exactly did I said Davis was one of the worse?
You deduced that from no valid logical rule of inference. I just got 4 different fighters on each resume to illustrate that the gap doesn't exist and any outcome of a fight between those 4 is possible. Not deserving Davis or any of the girls (which I do respect).

I would take Bethe beating your ass any day of the week. WMMA has been around for years. Even before you got started with the Fox deal or was it Brock? Same thing I guess. Believe it or not, there were women fighting in other orgs before the UFC had wmma

>Calls me a noob

>implies WMMA is on par with men's MMA

>Join Date: Few months ago

Lol nice try kiddo.

<{cruzshake}>

Maybe interpretation it's not your strong suit. My list wasn't of common opponents (duh, bethe correia was the first of the list, didn't you noticed?), but a list of opponents they each one of them faced that aren't that far skill-wise. There's not a huge gap of skill between R3's opponents and Cy's opponents, they're actually closest than you'd think. And that's because, in general, WMMA, which is very young in development, is shallow when it comes do skill.

You can keep re-stating the same thing, but that is simply an argument by assertion. And since logic is clearly not your strong suit, that means it is logically fallacious, and not a valid premise on which to base an argument. Let us see:

"But the very same could be said about Ronda's opponents. The only reason the most of them is relatively known is just because they fought Ronda. Bethe Correia, Faith Van Duin, Alexis Davis, Charmaine Tweet (to mention a few) aren't all that far skill-wise. Miesha Tate is a little bit above them, but considering the bigger picture, WMMA is shallow in terms of skill."

So, in a paragraph about Ronda's opponents, you list five women, four of whom fought Ronda and one of whom fought Cyborg, yet Cyborg is not mentioned. This is not a problem of interpretation, but rather one of communication as you failed to provide context. But what do I know, I only work in research and am required to do things like publish.

Let us continue, because it is not going to get any better:

Cris and Rousey are the creme de la creme. But everybody knows their flaws, especially R3.

Everybody knows = argumentum ad populum, yet another logical fallacy. It does not matter how many people share an opinion, that does not make it valid.

Even if you argue that R3 is the GOAT,

Red herring. And I would not. Fujii would be my top pick. The other would also be a Japanese fighter.

you can't argue that she's unbeatable, even before Holm.

I would not, because that would be a straw-man argument. Another fallacy, and apparently in this thread we are leaving them to you.

So let's cut the crap: beating who they beat is a nice feat, but they're really close achievements. And neither of them is a "can crusher".

Assertion again. Repeating it multiple times will make it an argumentum ad nauseam, which still does not make it true.

Compare the number of one-offs and losing record opponents Cyborg has. Compare their winning percentage. You know, compare actual data, which is how you get a valid assessment.

And after two posts of nothing but errors, you are critical of other people's comprehension and language skills? Outstanding.

Back